Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2024, 08:28 AM  
Ultrabanned

Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?

Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 08:21 AM   #2116
MVP

I don't think Missouri should have voted yes for all the reasons stated. But I also don't think grown adults should act like babies about having to go to Kansas to watch a game. It's five minutes over state line and people in here holding a grudge from the Civil War.

It's one thing to joke about Missouri / Kansas rivalry. It's quite another to be actually furious about driving across state line to watch the Chiefs which thankfully aren't moving to San Antonio or something. Fix your infrastructure then. Sounds great. Fix your potholes. Get Missouri fixed. At the same time don't bitch about getting a freaking dome in the city done while still not screwing up Missouri taxes even more. What a bunch of childish nonsense.

You don't have to pay a dime, get a new stadium anyway. Seems win win to me but I grew up in Kansas not some Raytown shithole that I'm all defensive about I guess?
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 09:08 AM   #2117
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I think the "civic pride" is kinda overlooked when the city infrastructure is falling apart?
Voting yes or no on continuing the 3/8 cent sales tax does nothing to improve infrastructure. The report that shows a 3 million deficit is for sure not 100% accurate. It’s easy to calculate what the county gave in taxes to the stadiums, but figuring the revenue brought in isn’t as easy. There’s no way to accurately state what was spent on gas, food, hotels, merchandise, etc…on game days/weekends that wouldn’t have been spent without the teams playing.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 09:15 AM   #2118
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Voting yes or no on continuing the 3/8 cent sales tax does nothing to improve infrastructure. The report that shows a 3 million deficit is for sure not 100% accurate. It’s easy to calculate what the county gave in taxes to the stadiums, but figuring the revenue brought in isn’t as easy. There’s no way to accurately state what was spent on gas, food, hotels, merchandise, etc…on game days/weekends that wouldn’t have been spent without the teams playing.
Without agreeing or disagreeing with it, I think the argument is that it's tough to see a billionare need money to build a stadium when the area needs revitalizing etc etc.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 09:21 AM   #2119
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
I really don't understand how pointing out sports owners are billionaire changes the situation. Do you guys create and watch your own produced puppet shows to avoid giving the Hollywood billionaires any money? Do you just starve to avoid giving the farming billionaires money or raise your own food out back?

If you don't want to pay the tax, fine, but I don't see how Clark being a billionaire is that big of a point.
If I want to go to a game then I have no problem paying clark for a ticket and parking and a beer. If I want to watch my favorite millionaire actor in a movie by my favorite millionaire director I have no problem with that. I am willing to pay market price for my entertainment.

Im willing for my tax dollars to go help people and organizations that need the help taking care of people and basic needs for people and the city.

But why should my tax money go to a business owner that doesn't need the help? Maybe if the tax money has a return of investment that the city could then use, but that isn't even happening. No more corporate welfare. Being a billionaire just makes it all more disgusting. He doesn't need my tax money.
vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 09:30 AM   #2120

Quote:
Without agreeing or disagreeing with it, I think the argument is that it's tough to see a billionare need money to build a stadium when the area needs revitalizing etc etc.
While there's truth there, the reality is that no one has leverage on the NFL. They are more powerful than ever, and a lot of that is due to the Chiefs funny enough. The idea that Frank White or anyone has leverage over any NFL team just isn't true, and it's going to be especially true with the Chiefs. The NFL just had it's best year ever, ratings are through the roof and the salary cap went up way more than expected because last year went so well. It'd be a huge thing to have any NFL team, but the Chiefs are the back to back champs, they're basically on national TV 12-13 times a year, Mahomes is one of the most famous athletes in America, Taylor Swift is putting Chiefs references in her concerts all over the world.

Clark Hunt can basically do whatever he wants. There might not be an American sports team with more power right now. And that's what everyone who grew up a Chiefs fan always dreamed of. But that comes with a price. That's the other reality is if they leave I'd put pretty good odds Jackson County will pass some other kind of tax to make up for the lost revenue. It's not just the travel and all that but they'll lose all the game check taxes to Kansas as well. Not that it'll cripple the county but all this talk about what the county needs and it's all true, but letting these teams walk will still create a tax hit, on top of the counties probably having to eat knocking down the sports complex because they own the stadiums.

It really comes down to if you don't want teams to have this kind of power, don't watch the NFL. Don't be posting on an NFL team's message board. You have to walk away because you've given them a lot of power.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 09:37 AM   #2121
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
While there's truth there, the reality is that no one has leverage on the NFL. They are more powerful than ever, and a lot of that is due to the Chiefs funny enough. The idea that Frank White or anyone has leverage over any NFL team just isn't true, and it's going to be especially true with the Chiefs. The NFL just had it's best year ever, ratings are through the roof and the salary cap went up way more than expected because last year went so well. It'd be a huge thing to have any NFL team, but the Chiefs are the back to back champs, they're basically on national TV 12-13 times a year, Mahomes is one of the most famous athletes in America, Taylor Swift is putting Chiefs references in her concerts all over the world.

Clark Hunt can basically do whatever he wants. There might not be an American sports team with more power right now. And that's what everyone who grew up a Chiefs fan always dreamed of. But that comes with a price. That's the other reality is if they leave I'd put pretty good odds Jackson County will pass some other kind of tax to make up for the lost revenue. It's not just the travel and all that but they'll lose all the game check taxes to Kansas as well. Not that it'll cripple the county but all this talk about what the county needs and it's all true, but letting these teams walk will still create a tax hit, on top of the counties probably having to eat knocking down the sports complex because they own the stadiums.

It really comes down to if you don't want teams to have this kind of power, don't watch the NFL. Don't be posting on an NFL team's message board. You have to walk away because you've given them a lot of power.
Oh for sure.

They've got the leverage, which is why this is happening now. If the county wants them to foot the bill or leave, so be it and I really understand the reasoning.

But it'll have some consequences
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 09:37 AM   #2122
Going home eventually

Voting no is an act of stupidity. Enjoy your worthless tiny shit amount of saved tax money.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 09:51 AM   #2123
Three-Pat

Quote:
But a lot of areas have needed revitalization for quite a while. It’s not like this happened overnight. It’s been a slow rot and it was neglected until politicians want to suddenly make it a talking point. If the current 3/8 cent tax would actually go for infrastructure, that would be one thing. I highly doubt that it will though.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 07-11-2024, 10:20 AM   #2124
MVP

I think both sides can be right. I wouldn't want to give rich dudes handouts on principle. I also wouldn't want to be San Diego and lose the team.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-11-2024, 10:26 AM   #2125
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonBobo View Post
If I want to go to a game then I have no problem paying clark for a ticket and parking and a beer. If I want to watch my favorite millionaire actor in a movie by my favorite millionaire director I have no problem with that. I am willing to pay market price for my entertainment.

Im willing for my tax dollars to go help people and organizations that need the help taking care of people and basic needs for people and the city.

But why should my tax money go to a business owner that doesn't need the help? Maybe if the tax money has a return of investment that the city could then use, but that isn't even happening. No more corporate welfare. Being a billionaire just makes it all more disgusting. He doesn't need my tax money.
No one said it should. Like I said you're free to vote no.

But it's weird to have a good amount of your life dedicated to something owned by a billionaire but then try to play the don't support billionaires card.

And I don't get why people act like after the tax money is spent, the billionaire owns the stadium and not the city/county/people.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 10:38 AM   #2126
MER

It’s sweet to imagine billionaires as philanthropic and that they are in love with their team and fan base. I think they love money.

Deciding someone has too much money isn’t going to encourage their good will.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 01:00 PM   #2127
MVP

Chargers are a poverty franchise and still can manage to get this.

Not a good look for our players who want a helmet pizza oven. Where's MY pizza oven??

Obligatory:

Quote:
• 150,000 sq. ft.
• 3 practice fields
• 22 meeting rooms
• 42 ft. LED video board
• Golf simulator, 250+ TVs
• 103 lockers, new weight room
• 3 training tubs, 1 outdoor pool
• 0 trophy cases
Old 07-11-2024, 01:28 PM   #2128
Cheat Death

O/U Chargers players on IR with pizza oven related injuries this season

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 01:54 PM   #2129
Forever Royal

Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?

Looks like a pharaoh’s head piece.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-11-2024, 01:55 PM   #2130
MVP

still not big enough to fit Rivers' head