Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:20 AM   #20986
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Do you volunteer to just go get the virus then?
Nice straw man, bro. Tell you what, you stay home until it's 100% safe to go outside, okay?
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:20 AM   #20987
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
It doesn't really matter unless you think we already are reaching some significant level of immunity. Without that, opening up is no different than never doing restrictions in the first place.
The thing is, we just don't know. Until we do more testing, we wont know.

But the Sweden thing is, yeah, they may take it somewhat on the chin. But theoretically, they'll be thru it faster.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:23 AM   #20988
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Nice straw man, bro. Tell you what, you stay home until it's 100% safe to go outside, okay?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:24 AM   #20989
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

But the Sweden thing is, yeah, they may take it somewhat on the chin. But theoretically, they'll be thru it faster.
Exactly. We all know or have been told the quickest way to get through this was to let it run its course. That of course means more deaths and a run on the hospitals. I seem to remember saying this exact same thing early in this thread and being scoffed at for it. Not by you. Even the experts such as Fauci says our strategy will actually prolong things but keep the hospitals from being overrun.

So essentially we are choosing to be sick longer to hopefully reduce the overall amount of deaths. And that's one of those tough decisions you have to make one way or the other.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:25 AM   #20990
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I think this is more your speed

Old 04-15-2020, 08:25 AM   #20991
Hockey Town

Quote:
I think this is more your speed

Well like.....up your nose with a rubber hose.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:27 AM   #20992
Kind of a mod

Quote:

The "theoretically" is why they're important to watch. If the theory that a lot of people are asymptomatically infected is true, maybe it won't be so bad. But if that theory isn't true, any level of "herd immunity" is a pipe dream until a vaccine is available.

For better or worse, they will help us understand that.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:27 AM   #20993
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Why is she becoming unemployed?
Nobody has been coming in for over a month. Like literally nobody. Add I that all elective surgeries that are not critical have been delayed and there ya go. These hospitals are bleeding dry
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:31 AM   #20994
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
That makes no sense. This was to keep our hospital health care systems from being overrun. If they are not being overrun why not let those established patients in the local neighborhood clinic go in and get their normal services?
The ICUs were potentially going to be overrun, also dealing with COVID patients in the ER/inpatient area is a slow process(labs/x-ray/disinfection everything takes longer) every patient with any covid symptom (long list) gets the covid treatment, which reduces the amount of patients departments can handle at one time.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:31 AM   #20995
Starter

Quote:
Because elective surgeries and what not are just that. So between social distancing and people just generally wanting to stay away from medical facilities you have a slow down. Welcome to the reality of it all.

And FYI, outside of the NY area it appears most hospitals are not being impacted like we were expecting.
My heart cath procedure to put in a stent has been canceled twice now due to being classified as elective. My ejection fraction is 30% this is a procedure I need done so I can start to recover from the heart attack I had in January.
mazrim1978 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mazrim1978 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mazrim1978 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mazrim1978 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mazrim1978 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mazrim1978 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mazrim1978 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mazrim1978 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mazrim1978 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mazrim1978 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mazrim1978 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:34 AM   #20996
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazrim1978 View Post
My heart cath procedure to put in a stent has been canceled twice now due to being classified as elective. My ejection fraction is 30% this is a procedure I need done so I can start to recover from the heart attack I had in January.
Now that I don't get.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:34 AM   #20997
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
The "theoretically" is why they're important to watch. If the theory that a lot of people are asymptomatically infected is true, maybe it won't be so bad. But if that theory isn't true, any level of "herd immunity" is a pipe dream until a vaccine is available.

For better or worse, they will help us understand that.
Did you see the study I posted this morning from Scotland?

We know there are asymptomatic people out there. We don't necessarily know how many, but things are starting to show quite a few.

My thing is, if this was here in January as they now expect, why didn't it explode earlier?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:35 AM   #20998
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazrim1978 View Post
My colonoscopy has been cancelled again, which is definitely not as urgent as yours, but I did have large polyps removed 3 years ago so being somewhat at risk for CA I would rather have it done sooner than later.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:36 AM   #20999
I love your mom

Quote:

We know there are asymptomatic people out there. We don't necessarily know how many, but things are starting to show quite a few.

My thing is, if this was here in January as they now expect, why didn't it explode earlier?
With how high the hospitalization rate is you would assume numbers would have gone up.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:37 AM   #21000
Supporter

Quote:

Methinks it did or was starting too but was not classified as such because we weren't looking for it. This is\was one of the worst of not the worst flu season ever. But I have talked to a couple people now who went to the doctor back in Jan and Feb and though they tested negative for influenza were told they had the flu and one doctor said "it's almost like there is something else going around".