Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: How far can you throw a football?
15 yards I'm a girl 6 5.61%
20 yards 2 1.87%
25 yards 1 0.93%
30 yards 19 17.76%
35 yards 12 11.21%
40 yards 25 23.36%
45 yards 5 4.67%
50 yards 14 13.08%
55+ 23 21.50%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2009, 03:35 PM  
I'll be back.

How far can you throw a football?

The other thread got me thinking about this. A few months ago I went out to the local HS football field to see how far I could throw a football. I have well-muscled shoulders but I couldn't get it over 30 yards.

Are NFL quarterbacks just born with the ability to throw a ball 50-60 yards (this is about as far as I remember anyone on the NFL quarterback challenge throwing a football), or do I just have shitty mechanics or something?

How far can you throw a football?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #196
Please speak your mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostRockPablo View Post
LOL...1 out of 5 people that voted in this poll throw it 55+.

I can throw and hit a 90 mph fastball.

I can drive 320..with a 10 mph wind in my face.

I can dunk a basketball. I am typical CP Poster.
You left out "I can **** any woman, any night i choose" and of course that time-tested favorite, "Every fight i've ever been in, I beat the living ****in' shit out of my opponent"

Vive la ChiefsPlanet!
Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #197
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefs View Post
Don't forget the 10-inch dick and gallon jizz shots.
Or the 4.3 40
Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.Skip Towne is not part of the Right 53.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #198
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefs View Post
Don't forget the 10-inch dick and gallon jizz shots.
And I forgot about the 6 figure salary and Lexus.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #199
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Exactly.

It's rare as hell for a kid to be throwing in the 90s, and those who do are playing at top collegiate programs or they are getting drafted.
Go watch the 18 year olds playing in the best leagues. 90 is not rare at all. I don't know where you're getting this idea that it's rare, it's definitely not. Hell, 85 mph is considered a slow fastball.

We used to set the jugs machine at 100 mph with both sides spinning at the same rate (knuckleball-ish). We called it the Ryan-Niekro express. That will test your nerves.

Last edited by Stewie; 08-29-2009 at 01:33 PM..
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:50 PM   #200
Grand champ

I'm 5'9'', 140 lbs. and can throw a little over 50 yards. Size and strength don't have a whole lot to do with it...
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #201
THREEPEAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I'm 5'9'', 140 lbs. and can throw a little over 50 yards. Size and strength don't have a whole lot to do with it...
Doug Flutie posts on CP?
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #202
Phobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
Most fields are about 160ft or 53ish yards across(that we play on), so yes I am positive you can throw it 6 more ft at least once, **** you over throw me all the time when I go deep..
You lost a step because you're fat.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #203
Grand champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_capone View Post
Doug Flutie posts on CP?
You're a douche.. But yes, I am Doug Flutie
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #204
THREEPEAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
You're a douche.. But yes, I am Doug Flutie
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #205
PermaBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Go watch the 18 year olds playing in the best leagues. 90 is not rare at all. I don't know where you're getting this idea that it's rare, it's definitely not. Hell, 85 mph is considered a slow fastball.

We used to set the jugs machine at 100 mph with both sides spinning at the same rate (knuckleball-ish). We called it the Ryan-Niekro express. That will test your nerves.
If you're saying that the top college players in the country, 18-year-olds, are often throwing 90, fine.

But specify this. To say 18-year-olds more generally is not accurate. This is average HS senior age, and most are not throwing anywhere near this, especially in the states of KS, MO, etc. There's not a wealth of baseball talent in the middle of the country.
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #206
I'll be back.

How far do you think Thigpen can throw it?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:42 PM   #207
Comfortably Numb

The poll should have been how far could you throw in your prime...I couldn't throw it 55 yards now and in even in my prime it wouldn't have been consistently that far. I was a pitcher and was usually clocked in the low to mid 80's in high school, topping out occasionally higher but if I had a good grip I could top that distance in high school and college.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #208
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
If you're saying that the top college players in the country, 18-year-olds, are often throwing 90, fine.

But specify this. To say 18-year-olds more generally is not accurate. This is average HS senior age, and most are not throwing anywhere near this, especially in the states of KS, MO, etc. There's not a wealth of baseball talent in the middle of the country.
You are certainly correct about the high schoolers, most do not throw 90, the average is probably in the low to mid 70's. I don't think the average fan as any clue as to how fast 80 mph is nevermind 90! I would disagree about the midwest talent. I played against three guys in hs (Springfield) that played in the major leagues and one was the 13th pick overall in 82 or 83. The south and California has the advantage of longer playing seasons for sure, but to say there isn't a wealth of talent in the midwest is a stretch (unless you don't count Oklahoma as part of the middle.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-29-2009, 11:44 PM   #209
Phobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAChief View Post
The poll should have been how far could you throw in your prime...I couldn't throw it 55 yards now and in even in my prime it wouldn't have been consistently that far. I was a pitcher and was usually clocked in the low to mid 80's in high school, topping out occasionally higher but if I had a good grip I could top that distance in high school and college.
Even in my prime, I wasn't anywhere near 50 yards. I didn't know I could throw 53+ yards until last fall at 37 years old. I've seen NFL QB challenges where starting QB's threw 54 at their max.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #210
America is great assholes~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
Even in my prime, I wasn't anywhere near 50 yards. I didn't know I could throw 53+ yards until last fall at 37 years old. I've seen NFL QB challenges where starting QB's threw 54 at their max.
I once made a bet with some guys I coached with I could throw a football from the 45 yard line to the opposite end zone and clear the cross bar, I ask for three tries. The first try I bounced it off the cross bar backwards the second cleared it. That is 65 yards to the crossbar. I made that throw in my mid thirties. I have no idea how far I could throw in my prime as I played running back and defensive back. I could always throw a football or a baseball pretty far the where is it going to land was a problem.
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.