Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-25-2017, 12:10 PM  
MVP

***** 2017 Chiefs Training Camp Week 1 Megathread *****

This is merely a repository for information. All points of discussion that deserve their own thread should have one, without dip********s posting Q.

Get excited:
Spoiler!

SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

Roster:

http://www.chiefs.com/team/roster.html

New Twitter feed - thanks SNR!

Last edited by saphojunkie; 07-27-2017 at 01:00 PM..
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:00 PM   #2071
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
You're not even worth arguing with about this...Nagy, his ****ing coach, said it take at least 3 years to learn it...but, you know, since you know more than his actual coach....dildo-hump.
Learning a playbook doesn't mean, "Okay. Page one. Play one. Spider 2y Banana Buttsex Cow Jackoff Left. Now I practice this until it's completely in my bones. K. Good. Next one...."

ALL of it comes gradually at once. Mahomes knows the entire playbook. He'll know it BETTER next year. And the year after that he'll know it even BETTER, all until he's "proficient" in the eyes of Reid.

This is exactly how Reid has described this shit for years, going all the way back to when we traded for Alex Smith.

Have you ever played football? High school? College? It's pretty common to learn stuff this way.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:00 PM   #2072
Veteran

Quote:
He might be able to fill in for Smith, for a game, at some point because of injury...later in the year.

If he were to start...#1 he would have an extremely limited grasp of Andy's WCO. #2 After a start or two, DC's would be able take away what he's doing...due to these limitations/tendencies. It would handicap what Reid does when creating game plans.

This isnt college where he can just throw bombs all game and live or die by it...it's too advanced, schematically, for that and the players/coordinators are too good. I think I read that he struggled against zone coverage...

He's not ready...both technically nor in experience. He's 21 years old. Watching Smith for a year is about as good of a mentor as he could ask for...there are things he needs to still learn at this level. There is a game inside the game...
This
Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:00 PM   #2073
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
I agree with the RealSNR
So Mahomes understands the telephone-sized playbook by reading it once...knows exactly what the protections/audibles should be and which X,Y,Z WR alters his route depending on the mixed-coverages a professional DC will throw at him..and how they may disguise them. Gotcha...

You guys are a piece of work...but if it makes you feel better to pretend on a football site..have at it. This is just too ****ing dumb to even debate it further...

Last edited by BlackOp; 08-05-2017 at 10:07 PM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:01 PM   #2074
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
Why don't you try out to be the Chiefs QB? I mean, if the job were given to you, no one could ever rationally become pissed off at you for underperforming because football is a TEAM game...so if the team loses because you are incapable of throwing TD's, it isn't your fault...it's the TEAM's fault!!! Do it, Sandy!!!!

Sandy Cheeks: QBOTF
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrund View Post
I watched the game a couple of times on the coaches' film and I can say that Alex left a ton of plays on the field that night. Not just missing Hill wide open but numerous intermediate routes that were wide open. It was a really really poor performance by Alex. Despite the Steelers controlling the clock because of our run D, I still believe Alex was the main reason we lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC View Post
What's the last time "the savior" Smith has been healthy for season. And how many times of his 12 years has he completed a full season?

He's a huge reliability and risk at the most important position in today's NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckweath View Post
Even a good run defense could allow a ton of rushing yards to the Steelers last year. We are talking about arguably the top RB in the game and a top 5 elite Oline.

The Chiefs D did more than hold its own in that playoff game. By allowing all of 16 points and neutralizing Big Ben, no matter how many yards on the ground they allowed, they exceeded the expectations as far as I'm concerned.

Alex Smith was his usual conservative and clearly limited QB and that was the difference in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Jaye Howard, DJ, Allen Bailey, Mauga/JML were all starters who were out because of injury. That's 4/7 front 7 players out and the 5th player (Justin Houston) clearly not anywhere near healthy as normal.

The defense holding an elite offense out of the end zone and keeping the game in reach until the end was a fantastic job for what we had.

It is the QB's job to score points and carry the team when the game is close and the season is on the line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
Everyone knows Alex Smith is the starter for the season the debate is the training camp battle between Patrick Mahomes II and Tyler Bray and actually there shouldn't be a debate to who is going to win the backup spot. This is relevant to Training Camp how could it not be? The argument is if Mahomes is going be ready or not to play and everyone wants him to sit. Well that's fine but he is proving it in Training Camp by kicking ass and making plays. Tyler Bray not so much. So if Patrick is the backup there is a chance he plays. There is nothing in this post that is derailing the thread. It is on topic. Training Camp battles are underway and the biggest of them all is for the job of backing up Alex Smith.
You're right. There aren't very many off topic posts at all. all of the above posts are from the last page.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:01 PM   #2075

It might take Mahomes more than 3 years to really feel 100% comfortable with the playbook. And that doesn't even include the speed of the game, nuances of playing in the NFL. He'll be playing long before that though. I don't think you have to worry about that. They didn't draft him to sit for 3 years.

The conversation about it might become insufferable though. I'm not too worried. We're pretty lucky to be in the position we are with Reid. For all of his flaws, he's good at developing players, and he has job security. He's not in a position where he's going to do something stupid with Mahomes for the sake of his job.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:02 PM   #2076
Mahomosapien

Quote:
You're not even worth arguing with about this...Nagy, his ****ing coach, said it take at least 3 years to learn it...but, you know, since you know more than his actual coach....dildo-hump.
Alex Smith played before he had 3 years in the system. Nick Foles played before he had 3 years in the system. Mike Vick played before he had 3 years in the system. Kevin Kolb played before he had 3 years in the system. Donovan Mcnabb played before he had 3 years in the system. Doug Pedersen played before he had 3 years in the system.....

Do you see a running theme here?

It may take 3 years to "master" the entire playbook. But that doesn't exclude anybody from being ready to play.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:02 PM   #2077
Veteran

Quote:
He might be able to fill in for Smith, for a game, at some point because of injury...later in the year.

If he were to start...#1 he would have an extremely limited grasp of Andy's WCO. #2 After a start or two, DC's would be able take away what he's doing...due to these limitations/tendencies. It would handicap what Reid does when creating game plans.

This isnt college where he can just throw bombs all game and live or die by it...it's too advanced, schematically, for that and the players/coordinators are too good. I think I read that he struggled against zone coverage...

He's not ready...both technically nor in experience. He's 21 years old. Watching Smith for a year is about as good of a mentor as he could ask for...there are things he needs to still learn at this level. There is a game inside the game...
This

Don't ruin the kid...

Patience is a virtue
Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:04 PM   #2078
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
So Mahomes understands the telephone-sized playbook by reading it once...knows exactly what the protections/audibles should be and which X,Y,Z WR alters his route depending on the coverage a professional DC will throw at him..and how they disguise them.

You guys are a piece of work...but if it makes you feel better to pretend on a football site..have at it. This is just too ****ing dumb to have even debate it further...
Your reading comprehension of SNR's post is atrocious. He didn't say he understands all the nuances of the plays in the playbook or how to make all the reads against different defenses. He explained his position really well.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:07 PM   #2079
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
If he does, it won't be because of Smith.

- Mahomers
If he can make plays necessary to win in the playoffs then I'd be down for Alex Smith winning us a Super Bowl. I just want to see him do his part and not take all the credit from the defense and special teams.

I saw him make some nice throws deep in practice so I know he can do it. He just needs to do it in games that would make the difference. I've got a mind to make judgment as I see it when it happens.

I have more faith in Patrick Mahomes II even if it takes us several years but we will get there with him and win than I do with Alex Smith. I don't see it happening but I like to be proved wrong if it's in the Glory of the Chiefs I'm all for it.

I just don't like Alex Smith holding us back anymore than he has. I see he can throw to Tyreek that is going be his bread and butter if he is going help this offense be up to standards that we deserve to see.

It's on Alex Smith not Patrick Mahomes II to take us to the Super Bowl this year. So lets see it happen.

DJ and Tamba and Dustin those guys deserve to go to a Super Bowl. This maybe their last chance.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:08 PM   #2080
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh006 View Post
Alex Smith played before he had 3 years in the system. Nick Foles played before he had 3 years in the system. Mike Vick played before he had 3 years in the system. Kevin Kolb played before he had 3 years in the system. Donovan Mcnabb played before he had 3 years in the system. Doug Pedersen played before he had 3 years in the system.....

It may take 3 years to "master" the entire playbook. But that doesn't exclude anybody from being ready to play.
I don't think anyone's arguing that he could be productive; I think the argument lies within whether or not rushing him could hamper his long term potential growth...
Old 08-05-2017, 10:09 PM   #2081
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Learning a playbook doesn't mean, "Okay. Page one. Play one. Spider 2y Banana Buttsex Cow Jackoff Left. Now I practice this until it's completely in my bones. K. Good. Next one...."

ALL of it comes gradually at once. Mahomes knows the entire playbook. He'll know it BETTER next year. And the year after that he'll know it even BETTER, all until he's "proficient" in the eyes of Reid.

This is exactly how Reid has described this shit for years, going all the way back to when we traded for Alex Smith.

Have you ever played football? High school? College? It's pretty common to learn stuff this way.
The playbook is maybe half of the issue with why don't play a new QB immediately. The other half is the ability to read a defense from behind the center and intuitively command an offense from the field.

No amount of flashcards and All-22 still shots are going to help the latter part of any QB's game.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:12 PM   #2082
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by penbrook View Post
Everyone is gonna have to eat their words when Smitty takes us to the super bowl
Very nice of him to purchase airfare for the fan base, but I have no interest in watching Brady play in another 'ship.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:12 PM   #2083
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh006 View Post

I never said anything about sitting Mahomes for 3 years...This was about the chodes on here acting like he's ready to start THIS year. The dude can barely run a huddle...
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:15 PM   #2084
LEGEND!

Quote:
I never said anything about sitting Mahomes for 3 years...This was about the chodes on here acting like he's ready to start THIS year. The dude can barely run a huddle...
I heard something about him yelling the plays so loud in the huddle the defenses could hear. Did he fix that problem?
penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:16 PM   #2085
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
GOD ****ING DAMN AND IDIOT.

IF HE IS THE BACKUP THEN HE BETTER BE GOD DAMNED ****ING READY BECAUSE IT WILL BE HIS JOB TO GO IN AT ANY POINT IN ANY GAME.

THAT IS THE JOB OF A BACKUP IS TO BE READY

HE MAY HAVE TO START THE VERY NEXT WEEK.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.