Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:27 PM   #20701
Supporter

today is the worst day for new deaths.......
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:32 PM   #20702
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
today is the worst day for new deaths.......

Well every new day should be the worst day for new deaths until about two weeks after the number of new cases starts to fall
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:35 PM   #20703
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Really?
Yeah, really. They have to set a budget and start hiring people to do things right about now today and they probably don't want to allocate resources to a slim possibility when the budget is already massively short as is.

Glad I could help.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:36 PM   #20704
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
Is that Missouri?
Yes
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:41 PM   #20705
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Interesting what California Governor said restaurants might look like when things open up.

He warned that Californians should prepare to enter a radically different realm where residents continue to wear masks, and where they may be greeted at restaurants by waiters wearing masks and gloves with disposable menus in venues that have half as many tables. Local school officials would develop new protocols, he said, for physical education classes and recess at schools, as well as processes to deeply clean and sanitize schools, parks and playgrounds to keep infection rates down.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:44 PM   #20706
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
According to the article I posted a page or 2 back, NY doctors are now proning covid patients and giving them oxygen instead of putting them on vents right from the start. It seems to be helping.
why not try it? They are just sitting in bed while bloodwork and other test results come back. What’s it going to hurt? It could work.

When I was working in the ER at the same hospital your daughter works at now, I saw doctors get disciplined for not putting the patients presenting with shortness of breath on their sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
I looked at a few guidelines, and this seems to make sense. They do give the caveat that if they have respiratory distress they should not be proned outside the ICU.

The model of proning all qualifying patients makes more sense to me than using proning on the floor for struggling patients to avoid a trip to the ICU.

My response was more in reaction to the idea that failure to prone patients on a general floor was akin to incompetence.
why do they have to be in an ICU to have them lay on their sides or belly to try to help with the SOB?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:45 PM   #20707
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Interesting what California Governor said restaurants might look like when things open up.

He warned that Californians should prepare to enter a radically different realm where residents continue to wear masks, and where they may be greeted at restaurants by waiters wearing masks and gloves with disposable menus in venues that have half as many tables. Local school officials would develop new protocols, he said, for physical education classes and recess at schools, as well as processes to deeply clean and sanitize schools, parks and playgrounds to keep infection rates down.

HOW CAN I EAT AT A RESTAURANT WHILE WEARING A MASK?

Also, masks are ineffective per the Surgeon General of the US. Why should I wear one? Does the governor of California know more than the Surgeon General?
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:47 PM   #20708
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Well every new day should be the worst day for new deaths until about two weeks after the number of new cases starts to fall
This is the worst day of all though. We were hoping the other day was the peak as we saw 4 consecutive days of smaller and smaller numbers. Maybe today is the peak?

I don't know that every day is going to be the worst day for 2 weeks. That's a bit of a stretch.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:47 PM   #20709
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Yeah, really. They have to set a budget and start hiring people to do things right about now today and they probably don't want to allocate resources to a slim possibility when the budget is already massively short as is.

Glad I could help.
Gee, thanks a bunch!
Old 04-14-2020, 02:47 PM   #20710
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post

why do they have to be in an ICU to have them lay on their sides or belly to try to help with the SOB?
No reason to name call.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:48 PM   #20711
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
Don't question BRC. He stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
**** you. I lived this for 10 years. I wasn’t on drugs and didn’t stay at a holiday inn. I took my job seriously. People lived and died based on what we did. You think I forgot what we did in life threatening situation 99% of the time?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:48 PM   #20712
Supporter

Quote:

So we will go from the world of the sick to the world of the paranoid....
Old 04-14-2020, 02:49 PM   #20713
Wasted away again...

Quote:
**** you. I lived this for 10 years. I wasn’t on drugs and didn’t stay at a holiday inn. I took my job seriously. People lived and died based on what we did. You think I forgot what we did in life threatening situation 99% of the time?
Damn dude, its a ****ing joke. Relax.

Geeez...
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:49 PM   #20714
Supporter

Quote:
Yes??
Old 04-14-2020, 02:52 PM   #20715
"You like to drink?"

Quote:

I for one want to hear the plan where classroom capacities are shrank to under 10 children per teacher without doubling the educator workforce.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.