Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:21 PM   #20476
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I have 10 people who are sick with a common cold. I give them a drug. They all live. How confident are you that it was my drug that kept them alive?

I have 10 people who are sick with a common cold. I give them a drug. Two of them die. How confident are you that it was my drug that killed them?

The probabilities are stretched to make the point, but that's what we're talking about here.
Except the Brazilian trial was using higher doses and the trials being conducted here are not.

Let's have two trials that are similar before we rule that one means the other doesn't work.

For example:
If you take 2 tylenol your headache might go away.

If you take half the bottle you will be going to the ER.

Does that mean tylenol doesn't work?
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:22 PM   #20477
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Except the Brazilian trial was using higher doses and the trials being conducted here are not.

Let's have two trials that are similar before we rule that one means the other doesn't work.

For example:
If you take 2 tylenol your headache might go away.

If you take half the bottle you will be going to the ER.

Does that mean tylenol doesn't work?
No, but that's not what the article said. It said they halted the trial and that more research was needed.

Also, a more accurate analogy would be taking 2.5 tylenol instead of 2.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:22 PM   #20478
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Woah woah woah.... If anecdotal positive instances don't count, a study of 81 Brazilian people who were being given higher than recommend doses had to be called off shouldn't count either.
Its becoming increasingly clear it's not some sort of miracle drug that was being sold as such in this very thread.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:27 PM   #20479
Supporter

looks like today's numbers are going to be close to those of yesterday.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:28 PM   #20480
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Its becoming increasingly clear it's not some sort of miracle drug that was being sold as such in this very thread.
We agree here. It's definitely not a "game changer."
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:31 PM   #20481
Kind of a mod

Quote:
We agree here. It's definitely not a "game changer."
Eh, I don't necessarily agree with that either. To Pete's point, much of clinical trials aren't focused on "does it work" so much as they're focused on understanding "what dosages, timings, and combinations of drugs work."

Also, side effects aren't necessarily a deal breaker. Obviously death isn't ideal, but if it causes fatal side effects in 1 in 1000 people but saves 10 in 1000 people, it might still be better than nothing. (Clearly just making up numbers here.)
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:32 PM   #20482
Supporter

Quote:
No, but that's not what the article said. It said they halted the trial and that more research was needed.

Also, a more accurate analogy would be taking 2.5 tylenol instead of 2.
What is the dosage we are using in our trials?

I am curious because that article seemed to be more of a hit piece than anything but I won't get into that here
Old 04-13-2020, 05:34 PM   #20483
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
I have 10 people who are sick with a common cold. I give them a drug. They all live. How confident are you that it was my drug that kept them alive?

I have 10 people who are sick with a common cold. I give them a drug. Two of them die. How confident are you that it was my drug that killed them?

The probabilities are stretched compared to COVID to make the point, but that's what we're talking about here.
HOW DARE YOU COMPARE THIS TO A COLD, DAFACE

HOW DARE YOU
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:34 PM   #20484
Kind of a mod

Quote:

I am curious because that article seemed to be more of a hit piece than anything but I won't get into that here
Dunno. Given that there's no standard practice, I doubt it's very consistent. That's what clinical trials are for.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:35 PM   #20485
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Dunno. Given that there's no standard practice, I doubt it's very consistent. That's what clinical trials are for.
500. The dose is 500.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:37 PM   #20486
Life is changing..

Quote:

500mg bid I believe. Then they taper it down to 500mg one daily. (I think I'm remembering that right)

I do know there is a very fine line between what is considered a theraputic dose, and a dose that causes a greater deal of side effects and even overdose.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:40 PM   #20487
Life is changing..

Quote:
Eh, I don't necessarily agree with that either. To Pete's point, much of clinical trials aren't focused on "does it work" so much as they're focused on understanding "what dosages, timings, and combinations of drugs work."

Also, side effects aren't necessarily a deal breaker. Obviously death isn't ideal, but if it causes fatal side effects in 1 in 1000 people but saves 10 in 1000 people, it might still be better than nothing. (Clearly just making up numbers here.)
Sure, I get that. We'll have to see what the clinical trials show.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:41 PM   #20488
Life is changing..

Holy shit... did anyone see that chart Dr. Birx just showed?
Old 04-13-2020, 05:45 PM   #20489
Supporter

Quote:
Holy shit... did anyone see that chart Dr. Birx just showed?
No, was it purdy?
Old 04-13-2020, 05:49 PM   #20490
Life is changing..

Quote:
No, was it purdy?
She showed a couple of them.

One that showed NJ/NY going off like a rocket compared to the rest of the country. We all know it's happening, but it's crazy to see it in graph form like that.

Another that showed other metropolitan "outbreaks". St. Louis was on that chart, though I couldn't tell where because all the colors are far too similar.