Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:26 AM   #20281
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I don't have a ton of trust in any numbers because there is no way in knowing what is accurate or not.
It seems you definitely trust certain data points from your comments.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:27 AM   #20282
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
I would suspect that is impossible. The highest we have gotten is 200k tests in one day. In order for us to get to 1% it would have to be 500k a day.
We can’t say it’s impossible just get it done
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:36 AM   #20283
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Dan View Post
Ok, I'll just give my example - Washington. Without a state order, schools and businesses shut down well before the gov order . For example, even though my company is essential (semiconductor) and exempt, we've been working from home since March 6th... but whatever you know more than anyone cause....and my son lives in Seattle and works in Bellvue and has been working from home even longer..
The question\tweet was about government stay at home orders not whether individual school districts\businesses did it before the official orders. I am very glad leaders of businesses and school districts did it earlier.

For example I live in MO and we got our official order last week but I have been working from home going on 4 weeks.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:37 AM   #20284
Wasted away again...

Quote:
2020-04-13-10-02-38
Nice map. WTF is it supposed to be?
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:39 AM   #20285
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
The question\tweet was about government stay at home orders not whether individual school districts\businesses did it before the official orders. I am very glad leaders of businesses and school districts did it earlier.

For example I live in MO and we got our official order last week but I have been working from home going on 4 weeks.
I've been working from home since March 9. Starting my 5th week today.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:44 AM   #20286
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Cool well we should be passing S. Korea soon on test per Million, then Germany. Etc...

Considering we are testing more per a day, wont be long till we pass alot of countries who are doing "better"
That's very aspirational. We're not passing Korea anytime soon. They're the gold standard and were very well prepared because they dealt with MERS a few decades ago. Maybe we might because they're past the curve and we're in the middle of it, but that doesn't mean we're testing better. But we will undoubtedly get much better and faster at testing and at least we're seeing some promising innovation. We just have too many institutional barriers that make it challenging. The biggest being that we're a huge country with lots of states who do things very differently. But if there's any huge bright side to this, it's that we're building a really good playbook for our next pandemic response.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:47 AM   #20287
Please squeeze

Quote:
I've been working from home since March 9. Starting my 5th week today.

Us IT people can work from anywhere
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:47 AM   #20288
Supporter

NY came in under 700 new deaths in their first report for the first time in a long time. That's great!
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:47 AM   #20289
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I don't have a ton of trust in any numbers because there is no way in knowing what is accurate or not.
So you are making your decisions based on?
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:47 AM   #20290
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
That's very aspirational. We're not passing Korea anytime soon. They're the gold standard and were very well prepared because they dealt with MERS a few decades ago. Maybe we might because they're past the curve and we're in the middle of it, but that doesn't mean we're testing better. But we will undoubtedly get much better and faster at testing and at least we're seeing some promising innovation. We just have too many institutional barriers that make it challenging. The biggest being that we're a huge country with lots of states who do things very differently. But if there's any huge bright side to this, it's that we're building a really good playbook for our next pandemic response.

We had a playbook already.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:50 AM   #20291
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Nice map. WTF is it supposed to be?
I posted the link one post down.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:56 AM   #20292
Hockey Town

There's some business that are turning extra profits right now...

Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:57 AM   #20293
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Actually

This

We are climbing around 100-150 in our tests per million every day. They are hardly growing at all.

So at our current rate we will be at 10k Per a million in 13 days.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:57 AM   #20294
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
We had a playbook already.
I won't comment on that because it goes down a political rabbit hole and I frankly have no idea what was in pandemic response playbook. I would bet it might have helped some, but I'm skeptical we wouldn't still be woefully unprepared. We would still probably be way behind a country like Korea that had way more experience with pandemic response than we had. Having a plan in place is way different than learning from experience.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-13-2020, 10:02 AM   #20295
Please squeeze

Quote:
I won't comment on that because it goes down a political rabbit hole and I frankly have no idea what was in pandemic response playbook. I would bet it might have helped some, but I'm skeptical we wouldn't still be woefully unprepared. We would still probably be way behind a country like Korea that had way more experience with pandemic response than we had. Having a plan in place is way different than learning from experience.
The playbook is actually online for you to read.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ml#document/p2