Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-13-2018, 08:21 PM  
Damnit Peg

Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:09 AM   #1981
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
I care about LeBron going to the Finals to the extent that I will have the privilege of watching the GOAT perform his craft on the greatest of stages for at least another 4 times this year. The Cavs themselves have no chance to actually win a title, though.

Passing MJ and everyone else on his path is just the by product of this dominant run.
Was his 2011 Finals performance part of this "dominating" run?
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:55 AM   #1982
Starter

I can't imagine being this obsessed with LeBron and GOAT conversations. His career isn't over, you'll know when the dust settles. God damn, 2/3 of this thread is about LeBron vs MJ.
Trent Green GOAT is not part of the Right 53.Trent Green GOAT is not part of the Right 53.Trent Green GOAT is not part of the Right 53.Trent Green GOAT is not part of the Right 53.Trent Green GOAT is not part of the Right 53.Trent Green GOAT is not part of the Right 53.Trent Green GOAT is not part of the Right 53.Trent Green GOAT is not part of the Right 53.Trent Green GOAT is not part of the Right 53.Trent Green GOAT is not part of the Right 53.Trent Green GOAT is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:01 AM   #1983
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
If Jordan was on those teams, how many Finals do they win?
Well, when he was in the finals he was 6-0 and never needed a game 7. So I would guess better than a .333 win percentage.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:43 AM   #1984
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Can't tell if you're being a troll, but in the Finals, MJ faced:
Gary Payton - elite defender
Clyde, Byron Russell, Majerle, Byron Scott - all terrific defenders

All the while having to deal with Jon Starks, Ehlo, Dumars, Hersey Hawkins, Moncrief multiple times in his playoff runs. All terrific defenders in an era of hand-checking. MJ constantly matched up against outstanding defenders throughout the playoffs.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:57 AM   #1985
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Keep in mind, I'm not knocking Lebron. Obviously an all-world player. But in the GOAT conversation.... Lebron has no one to blame but himself for the rosters he's played with. Sure, he's been unbelievable winning in spite of them. But Lebron has bullied his way into playing GM and he has been horrendously bad. If Lebron butted out of front office decisions, we may be writing a completely different legacy.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:57 AM   #1986
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
I care about LeBron going to the Finals to the extent that I will have the privilege of watching the GOAT perform his craft on the greatest of stages for at least another 4 times this year. The Cavs themselves have no chance to actually win a title, though.

Passing MJ and everyone else is just the by product of this dominant run and I am relishing in it.
You're a weirdo...
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:11 AM   #1987
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Keep in mind, I'm not knocking Lebron. Obviously an all-world player. But in the GOAT conversation.... Lebron has no one to blame but himself for the rosters he's played with. Sure, he's been unbelievable winning in spite of them. But Lebron has bullied his way into playing GM and he has been horrendously bad. If Lebron butted out of front office decisions, we may be writing a completely different legacy.
Agreed. If the Cavaliers could actually make moves that weren't entirely predicated on Lebron James and his ego, he very well could be running away with the GOAT title already. I personally think he's the best player I've ever seen, but he's self inflicted so much damage to his own team, and contributed HEAVILY to the super team dilemma with the Warriors, that now there's doubt.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:57 AM   #1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Agreed. If the Cavaliers could actually make moves that weren't entirely predicated on Lebron James and his ego, he very well could be running away with the GOAT title already. I personally think he's the best player I've ever seen, but he's self inflicted so much damage to his own team, and contributed HEAVILY to the super team dilemma with the Warriors, that now there's doubt.
Agreed. Players like Kyrie don't want to play with LeBron cause why play Robin when the guy will mostly likely bolt first chance he gets and then you are left playing with a bunch of scrubs? Also, Kyrie didn't feel it was worth being Robin if there was no chance at winning the championship and he saw the writing on the wall last season. He averaged 29 ppg in the finals and the Cavs still lost to the Warriors in 5-gms.

He couldn't struggled against King Kawhi when the Spurs beat the Heat in 5-gms and he couldn't dominate gainst Durant. He feasts on weak teams in the East. If he could have Cavs win that series and the Heat would have at least taken the Spurs to 7-games. Durant is having a worse series now against the Rockets than he did against LeBron in last years finals think about that. LeBron isn't the lockdown defender the LeBronies claim he is but I will say he is one hell of a blocker.

Also, fair or not he's got to win more than 3-championships to be considered the GOAT. At least 5-championships I'd say. All these finals appearances are nice but going to the finals and losing is not something that should be glorified too much especially when you consider he switched teams to the Heat to create a superteam. At the end of the day going to the finals and losing is still losing.

More than likely when LeBron retires his biggest critics will point to all his finals losses. It's all hyped up now because people are caught up in the moment and we all are waiting for that player to eclipse MJ but once he retires people are going to be talking about his finals failures a lot... If you want to be the GOAT you have to dominate all the series not just the Conference finals.

To be fair his career isn't over so we will have to wait and see how things play out. He still is top-5 in my eyes right up there with Shaq, Kobe and MJ. LeBron is an awesome player and an awesome person I just don't feel he is the GOAT for the reasons mentioned above.

Last edited by PAChiefsGuy; 05-28-2018 at 07:07 AM..
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:35 AM   #1989
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
To be fair his career isn't over so we will have to wait and see how things play out. He still is top-5 in my eyes right up there with Shaq, Kobe and MJ. LeBron is an awesome player and an awesome person I just don't feel he is the GOAT for the reasons mentioned above.
You are ****ing stupid if you have Shaq and Kobe as top 5 all time NBA players.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:56 AM   #1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
**** you... Everyone is entitled to their opinion. There is no top-5 that is set in stone. It's not like I said Robert Horry should be top-5 Kobe and Shaq have pretty impressive resumes..

Kobe has 5-championships and was pretty damn close to an MJ clone.. He made NBA All-Defensive First Team 9-times, 2x NBA scoring champion 1x NBA MVP ... Shaq has 4-championships and was the most dominant big man of his time, basically unstoppable. He did suck at FTs but he was so dominant it didn't even matter.

Magic, Bird, Kareem, Wilt and Bill Russell are up there as well but I never got to see them play so to me top 5 is MJ, LeBron, Magic, Kobe, and Shaq but top 5 is subjective for the most part.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:00 AM   #1991
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Name your top 5. Mine, I no particular order:

Magic
Lebron
MJ
Kareem
Kobe
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:05 AM   #1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post

Magic
Lebron
MJ
Kareem
Kobe
That's a good list.

I think Kobe is underrated by a lot of people. Probably mostly because of the rape scandal and the fact he played with Shaq so he doesn't get as much credit as he deserves but dude was a baller. People forget just how good he was at D which is an often overlooked skill when comparing basketball players. He also had a great fadeaway almost as good as MJs.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:07 AM   #1993
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post

Magic
Lebron
MJ
Kareem
Kobe
Jordan/LeBron
Wilt
Kareem
Magic
Bird
Russell
Shaq
Duncan
Oscar Robertson
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:10 AM   #1994
Stay down bitch!

Quote:
Name me one time Jordan melted down the way Lebron did in the 2011 finals. You can’t. That Miami Heat team was a ****ing super team that he helped put together. Jordan’s teams didn’t always win in the playoffs, and he had his fair share of off games but he always went down fighting.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:15 AM   #1995
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
Huge series for Lebron. This is his last chance if he ever wants to be close to Jordan (assuming he runs to Houston or whatever).
If LeBron carries this team over the Warriors there will be no doubts left. I don’t think any player in history could carry this Cavs team over the Warriors.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.