Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-25-2017, 12:10 PM  
MVP

***** 2017 Chiefs Training Camp Week 1 Megathread *****

This is merely a repository for information. All points of discussion that deserve their own thread should have one, without dip********s posting Q.

Get excited:
Spoiler!

SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

Roster:

http://www.chiefs.com/team/roster.html

New Twitter feed - thanks SNR!

Last edited by saphojunkie; 07-27-2017 at 01:00 PM..
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:26 PM   #1981
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by penbrook View Post
I was responding to TambaBerry who said as a starter Mahomes gives us the best chance at winning.
Maybe he does. You dont know that yet.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:27 PM   #1982
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
I hate this narrative that Mahomes isn't ready so who do they go to if Alex goes down. **** that, if Alex goes down or is sucking up on the field I absolutely play Mahomes. The guy is a gamer he'll be ready even if you had to simplify the offense. He gives us the best chance of winning in my opinion right now.
OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:29 PM   #1983
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh006 View Post
Totally agree. I will add that I think... even though he is still the starter... Smith's leash is getting shorter by the day.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:29 PM   #1984
LEGEND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
The guys neck is straining. Don't drop the kid lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh006 View Post
Ahhh so he will be better than everyone but Brady, Wilson, and Smitty. Got it. Football is based off of wins and losses. Smitty is the third best in the last 4 years!
penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:31 PM   #1985
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Ahhh so he will be better than everyone but Brady, Wilson, and Smitty. Got it. Football is based off of wins and losses. Smitty is the third best in the last 4 years!
I got some post-Montana Chiefs QBs from the Marty era I'd like you to meet
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #1986
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
I was responding to TambaBerry who said as a starter Mahomes gives us the best chance at winning.
Well he is right. Tyler Bray is a joke what the Chiefs see in him I have no clue, but he will be gone and Id be surprised if he is with the team start of the season and not scour other teams hidden gems on their practice squad.

I don't know how much playing time each Patrick and Tyler will get in preseason but come game four Patrick should take the bulk of snaps and Alex get a series or two and get off the field. He will need all the preseason reps he can get.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:34 PM   #1987
LEGEND!

Quote:
Well he is right. Tyler Bray is a joke what the Chiefs see in him I have no clue, but he will be gone and Id be surprised if he is with the team start of the season and not scour other teams hidden gems on their practice squad.

I don't know how much playing time each Patrick and Tyler will get in preseason but come game four Patrick should take the bulk of snaps and Alex get a series or two and get off the field. He will need all the preseason reps he can get.
No I agree that Mahomes should be the #2 but not the starter
penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:34 PM   #1988
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
The guys neck is straining. Don't drop the kid lol
Got to love the irony
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:38 PM   #1989
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
'Alex Smith has a top three W-L record the past four years, so he is a top 3 QB!' - Penbrook

'If we had better run defense we would have won the Steelers playoff game!' - also Penbrook

It's only a team game for Smith fanboys when we lose.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:40 PM   #1990
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
No I agree that Mahomes should be the #2 but not the starter

I never said starter but he has to be ready to go in anytime in case Alex Smith goes down for what ever reason maybe a hangnail but it doesn't matter. Quarterbacks get hurt that is the nature of the game so I'm not wishing a real injury on Alex Smith but people need to brace themselves for that realistic possibility.

Unless Chiefs find a cheap vet to backup Alex and dismiss Tyler Bray all together question-mark

Patrick is prime game to beat out Tyler Bray from all accounts so far and it's not even really close. How often do we hear Bray throwing TD to Tyreek or anybody?
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:41 PM   #1991
Sprinkle in some Mahomes

Bruce Ellington waived by the Jets already

http://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/ar...d-11736895.php
TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:42 PM   #1992
LEGEND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
'Alex Smith has a top three W-L record the past four years, so he is a top 3 QB!' - Penbrook

'If we had better run defense we would have won the Steelers playoff game!' - also Penbrook

It's only a team game for Smith fanboys when we lose.
First off I never said he was a top 3 QB. I said he is a top 3 QB based on wins. Learn how to read.

And yes if we had a run D we would of won. We tied it up with about 2 mins left in the fourth negated by a penalty and a ineffective offense. But letting Bell run for 178 yards is pathetic in a playoff game. If we could of stopped some of their drives the defense would of been rested more and they wouldn't of kicked 6 FGs
Old 08-05-2017, 05:42 PM   #1993
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
I was at practice today, and I don't know how many original comments I have to add, but here are my thoughts.

1. I think the Chiefs really screwed over their fans who traveled with their children to visit them today. They practiced on the far field away from the bulk of the stands for 80% of practice, and really the nearby field only had a few drills. You could walk around to the other field, but there were no bleachers to sit on, and the fence had a strip on it that you couldn't see through, so you had to LIFT your kids over it so they could watch. It was a dumbshit move by a team on Family Fun Day.

2. The QB competition wasn't much of one, really. Alex was still very conservative compared to the other two, so don't believe much of the hype that he's airing out the ball. He mostly just did that in drills where he didn't face a passrush. Bray and Mahomes today was solidly in Mahomes' favor. Bray's passes are erratic, and Mahomes' anticipation of his receivers rivals Smith already. Mahomes had two back shoulder passes today that connected. In the final two-minute drills, Smith and Bray were intercepted in the endzone, and Mahomes took a sack to kill his drive inside the 5. On the second go around, Mahomes and Bray went nowhere, and Smith was able to engineer a TD drive on a dynamic run that bounced outside by Kareem Hunt.

Mahomes looks like the #2 more and more to me -- although he battled 2nd and 3rd stringers today, while Bray played the 1's. Bray is almost an afterthought out there -- Smith unfurled a gorgeous teardrop pass to Hill who took it for a 99 yard TD. Mahomes came out immediately after and hit Spiller wide open across the middle for a 99 yard TD a couple plays later. They're both playing pretty well.

Speaking of which, why do we even have Joel Stave? They didn't let him engineer one drive.

3. Ware looks like Ware -- all truck, no shake 'n' bake. Hunt looks like the most well-rounded of the bunch, other than struggles in pass protection. He is a lot faster in pads than he looks, and is surprisingly strong -- legitimately pushed a couple piles today, and scored the aforementioned TD. He's also got a little nasty to him, stiffarming tacklers. West didn't really register today, but Spiller sure did. Ho boy, can this guy move. Spiller still has a ton of burst in the passing game, though I didn't see him run the ball today. But he's going to effortlessly fall into the Joe McKnight role we had a couple years back. West simply doesn't have his dynamism.

4. Demetrius Harris had an outstanding day today. He stood up Houston in passblocking drills and he was able to catch a ball with Berry draped all over him. That's $180m of talent he beat today. He's far and away the #2 TE, and he could have a breakout year this year.

At WR, I probably don't need to tell you guys that the Hill hype is for real, but it totally is. Nobody can guard this guy one-on-one, and he catches everything. He looks like a rare talent and could really open up our offense. He will certainly lead our WRs in receptions. 2nd of our WRs will not be Conley, however. Conley still isn't getting separation and only had a catch or two today. Albert Wilson, however, was running very sharp underneath routes in almost a Wes Welker type role. Wilson could possibly top 50 receptions this year, as Alex found him time and time and time again.

But I do think our WR corps is going to struggle outside of Hill. Robinson isn't a playmaker, really, and Seantavius Jones didn't show up today on the field. Chesson may have some play in him, but he's not looking like anything more than a part-time player now. Tevin Jones, actually, had the best catch of the day -- turned his head just as Smith's pass got to him, juggled it a bit and reeled in it with a CB on his back. And this Gehrig Dieter kid, though, a big white kid with the #4, looked very active. Caught everything, got lots of attention from Bray and Mahomes.

Not a dynamic athlete, though. Really, outside of the WRs we already know, Dorsey brought in a lot of huge WRs to try to find a diamond in the rough possession guy. Both Jones' have some ability, but the guy who won today was Dieter. But still, the Chiefs are going to need to use their RBs and TEs a ton in the passing game, because we only have one WR that can make big time plays.

5. The OL struggled hardcore today with the DL talent in the one-on-one passing drills. Kpassagnon had a weirdly ineffective day (more on that in a minute) but he did get into Fisher's grill and pushed him backward. Morse and Ehinger both got dominated by Cam Thomas (more on him in a minute), but Schwartz beat the life out of his challengers, and Jah Reid showed up. All in all the 1st string OL (and yes, Witzmann is your full-time starter now at LG) played well in the scrimmage, though. Alex wasn't touched. Mahomes and Bray both got "sacked" a couple times.

6. I know we just brought on Roy Miller (who didn't play, today), but Cam Thomas may just be your 2nd string NT, folks. I didn't get to watch the running drills, so I don't know how well he anchors, but he devoured Morse and Witzmann one-on-one. He's pretty quick for a monster his size, and has a couple powerful swim moves that neither OL could handle. I don't know much about Miller, but Thomas impressed me. They let Montori Hughes go instead of him a couple days ago, so it's clear they think they may have a three-man depth chart at NT with Miller, Thomas, and Logan. When Logan went out, by the way, they put in RNR with the 1's at NT. Interesting.

I don't think Logan was hurting that bad, but it's a heck of a walk back, so they carted him. David King reeeeeally twisted up his ankle, though. He hobbled off, so he'll still be on the team unless we have to IR him to keep him. But he should be fine by opening day, should he be on the 53. I'm not a professional, though, just noting what I saw.

Kpassagnon is a really explosive kid who I have high hopes for, but the coaching staff kept putting him in a two-point stance at OLB today. I have absolutely no idea why they did that, but it yielded pretty much what you'd expect: a couple bullrushes that went nowhere, and a couple edge rushes that went wide. That's just not what this kid is built to do, regardless of how insanely athletic he is.

7. Because my vantage point was so shitty, I have basically nothing to remark on the LBs. I know that DJ played with the 1's, and almost had a pick. I know nothing else. The Chiefs really ****ed over most of their fans today.

8. Gaines is ... Gaines. He made a very impressive interception today in the one-on-ones, but he also got destroyed on a juke for a short-pass by a 3rd stringer today. Mitchell looked pretty good working out, so I'm sure he'll come back strong, soon. But if he or Peters go out for any length of time this year, Gaines is going to need help. He has all the ability you need to be a good CB, but like last year, he just shows inexplicable errors with regularity that really cost your team. I don't have a lot of faith in him.
Great stuff, all kinds of interesting and satisfying news... thanks for the effort
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:42 PM   #1994
LEGEND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65TPT View Post
Bruce Ellington waived by the Jets already

http://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/ar...d-11736895.php
Hmm. I mean the Chiefs did put a waiver claim in for him
Old 08-05-2017, 05:43 PM   #1995
LEGEND!

Quote:
I never said starter but he has to be ready to go in anytime in case Alex Smith goes down for what ever reason maybe a hangnail but it doesn't matter. Quarterbacks get hurt that is the nature of the game so I'm not wishing a real injury on Alex Smith but people need to brace themselves for that realistic possibility.

Unless Chiefs find a cheap vet to backup Alex and dismiss Tyler Bray all together question-mark

Patrick is prime game to beat out Tyler Bray from all accounts so far and it's not even really close. How often do we hear Bray throwing TD to Tyreek or anybody?
When was the last time Smitty has completed a full 16 game season?