Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:20 PM   #1966
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
I love Thomas, but no way he's still on the board at 32. Mitchell had a strong combine and might not be there either. Even though he's not a "sexy" pick, I'd have absolutely no problem with McConkey. He impressed me at both the Senior Bowl and the combine.
What I don't like about McConkey (and I do like him) is that I feel like he has already maximized his potential.

Like, I feel like we have seen the final version of what he can do. Sure, almost all players improve when football becomes their job, and they are coached by NFL coaches, but I don't know exactly how he would improve.

And there are other receivers that seem to be in their final form, like Harrison Jr. and Nabers. The difference is, their final form is already enough to make an immediate difference for their teams in the NFL.

McConkey was a very, very good college receiver. He has speed. He runs good routes. But, there is a reason he is projected to be a second round pick. If he didn't go to Georgia, and have the Nattys, he might be a 3rd round pick.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:21 PM   #1967
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I like Coleman.

Would rather go in a different direction though.
Me too. I hate wanting players that I know we probably don't have a chance in hell to draft.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:23 PM   #1968
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
What I don't like about McConkey (and I do like him) is that I feel like he has already maximized his potential.

Like, I feel like we have seen the final version of what he can do. Sure, almost all players improve when football becomes their job, and they are coached by NFL coaches, but I don't know exactly how he would improve.

And there are other receivers that seem to be in their final form, like Harrison Jr. and Nabers. The difference is, their final form is already enough to make an immediate difference for their teams in the NFL.

McConkey was a very, very good college receiver. He has speed. He runs good routes. But, there is a reason he is projected to be a second round pick. If he didn't go to Georgia, and have the Nattys, he might be a 3rd round pick.

That doesn't bother me. You get a good player at WR. That's not nothing.

My issue with McConk is his value completely depends on situation.

Lots of NFL scouts love this type of player but not every NFL team actually uses them.

So he could go somewhere and just be good and not get volume and no one will know who he is.

Or he could be a better Amon Ra in a Ben Johnson offense.

I would personally take him and use him but that's my explanation.

Look at Jeudy in Denver. Great route runner but never got to be focal and he was a better prospect than McConk.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:34 PM   #1969
sorta mod-ish

Bring the Troy Franklin to this team.

Maybe Adonai Mitchell, but definitely the Troy Franklin. Just what we need post MVS -

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:00 PM   #1970
MVP

Quote:
That would be nice.

But I don't take the lesser prospect because of hope.
We agree to disagree on who the lesser prospects are.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:38 PM   #1971
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
We agree to disagree on who the lesser prospects are.
Frail Frankin and tiny Worthy don’t project as NFL 1 WRs.

Skipping out on guys who do because you hope Rice becomes that is poor value in round 1.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-04-2024, 11:27 PM   #1972
MVP

Some additional thoughts...

Crow, thanks for sharing!

I'm not willing to put Worthy ahead of BTJ based on their down field production but speed is at a premium in the league. If Worthy does go first and BTJ comes within reach, I'm curious if we'd considering trying to move up for him.

I believe Mitchell's jumped Franklin on most team's boards but hard to ignore Franklin's on field production. Franklin just has some weird outliers that will get flagged by some teams I think, mainly drop %, 10 yard split, his size, and that ugly gauntlet drill. Still want him on our Chiefs tho!

I agree with whoever said the gauntlet is more important than the 40 for showcasing game speed, and I was thoroughly impressed with Coleman's performance. I think he looked like a young footballer who wasn't comfortable running track, but he was a duck in water during that live football drill. I've referenced his football instincts and natural athletic talent previously. Xavier Worthy's climb makes Coleman more likely to be available when we pick, but I also agree that he might not be the biggest impact player year 1 considering his age. I wonder if a more precise WR like Burton or Walker would perform better in year 1. The upside is very intriguing though, and for those looking for an alpha I think Coleman's the #1 alpha in the draft despite being the one of the youngest to declare.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling about Malachi Corley and the Chiefs. Had the same feeling about Mazi Smith last year.

Does anyone know where we can watch the full coverage of the WR drills online? Really want to see J Wilson and X Legette run that gauntlet!

Also, I'm not willing to give Rashee Rice the #1 WR spot yet.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-04-2024 at 11:39 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-04-2024, 11:31 PM   #1973
MVP

Quote:
Frail Frankin and tiny Worthy don’t project as NFL 1 WRs.

Skipping out on guys who do because you hope Rice becomes that is poor value in round 1.
We aren't getting the most likely Alpha's in this draft. Those 3 are going top 10.

You're HOPING that Mitchell becomes one but he doesn't look like one already.

I would hope Franklin becomes DeVonta Smith but his college production and physical profile more closely align to Smith than Mitchell does any Alpha WR in the league right now.

If you want to be serious about projection, then college production DOES matter and DOES translate. Only 24% of the top 50 WRs in the NFL last season in receptions never had a 1k season in college. Of those 12, only 2 were drafted in the 1st round.

The entirety of that list is:

Tyreek Hill (5-165)
Stefon Diggs (5-146)
Puka Nacua (5-177)
Chris Olave (1-11)
Nico Collins (3-89)
Terry McLaurin (3-76)
Jaylen Waddle (1-6)
D.K. Metcalf (2-64)
George Pickens (2-52)
Curtis Samuel (2-40)
Deebo Samuel (2-36)
Darius Slatyon (5-172)

So you're hoping that Mitchell breaks into rare air as a non-1k receiver that gets drafted in round 1 AND he becomes a top-50 wideout? I mean, only 4% of those in last year's group.

And yet you sit here and discount two 1k WRs in Worthy and Franklin who are more likely from that stat alone to be top-50 WRs in the league?
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 08:05 AM   #1974
Generational Player

Quote:
We aren't getting the most likely Alpha's in this draft. Those 3 are going top 10.

You're HOPING that Mitchell becomes one but he doesn't look like one already.

I would hope Franklin becomes DeVonta Smith but his college production and physical profile more closely align to Smith than Mitchell does any Alpha WR in the league right now.

If you want to be serious about projection, then college production DOES matter and DOES translate. Only 24% of the top 50 WRs in the NFL last season in receptions never had a 1k season in college. Of those 12, only 2 were drafted in the 1st round.

The entirety of that list is:

Tyreek Hill (5-165)
Stefon Diggs (5-146)
Puka Nacua (5-177)
Chris Olave (1-11)
Nico Collins (3-89)
Terry McLaurin (3-76)
Jaylen Waddle (1-6)
D.K. Metcalf (2-64)
George Pickens (2-52)
Curtis Samuel (2-40)
Deebo Samuel (2-36)
Darius Slatyon (5-172)

So you're hoping that Mitchell breaks into rare air as a non-1k receiver that gets drafted in round 1 AND he becomes a top-50 wideout? I mean, only 4% of those in last year's group.

And yet you sit here and discount two 1k WRs in Worthy and Franklin who are more likely from that stat alone to be top-50 WRs in the league?
Nope.

I don’t care about your analytics.

I prefer NFL traits and how they project at the next level.

Give me the bigger, stronger better route runner that weighs 40 lbs more over your tiny little tot.

College production does not predict as well as you think because if it did, why watch them play?!

Just fire the scouts and run your Twitter spread sheets.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:12 AM   #1975
MVP

Quote:
Nope.

I don’t care about your analytics.

I prefer NFL traits and how they project at the next level.

Give me the bigger, stronger better route runner that weighs 40 lbs more over your tiny little tot.

College production does not predict as well as you think because if it did, why watch them play?!

Just fire the scouts and run your Twitter spread sheets.
If it was purely about watching them play and not about projecting traits and using analytics, Mitchell wouldn't crack my top 20. But here I have him currently at 7th in what may be a historic group of WRs. Your blinders are strong man.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:23 AM   #1976
Generational Player

Quote:
If it was purely about watching them play and not about projecting traits and using analytics, Mitchell wouldn't crack my top 20. But here I have him currently at 7th in what may be a historic group of WRs. Your blinders are strong man.
Look, we’re talking past each other.

I’m not going to argue about analytics anymore that I will argue astrology.

And even if Adonai is better you will then just say it was luck.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:27 AM   #1977
MVP

Ok, I'm gonna drive a stake in the ground with you and call this argument a day...

If my top 6 WRs were off the board and it was between Kamari Lassiter at CB and Mitchell at WR I'd take Lassiter 10/10 times. I Franklin was there too, I'd probably flip a coin between Lassiter and Franklin and I'm kinda starting to lean Lassiter there too. Maybe because I think that much of Lassiter and maybe Lassiter will rise, he certainly could.

And you know who I think could very well end up better than both of Franklin and Mitchell if his head is actually on straight? Jermaine Burton.

He can get off press, he's got good hands, he can track the deep ball. Crispen those routes and you have a really good player with enough there to think he could become a Stefon Diggs, Reggie Wayne, Laveranues Coles, Jeremy Maclin, Torry Holt etc. My only question about Burton is between his ears and it just might be he's a bit of a show-off.

Kelce has always been a bit of a show-off. Tyreek was too. If he's great, I can deal with a bit of that.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:29 AM   #1978
Generational Player

Quote:
Ok, I'm gonna drive a stake in the ground with you and call this argument a day...

If my top 6 WRs were off the board and it was between Kamari Lassiter at CB and Mitchell at WR I'd take Lassiter 10/10 times. I Franklin was there too, I'd probably flip a coin between Lassiter and Franklin and I'm kinda starting to lean Lassiter there too. Maybe because I think that much of Lassiter and maybe Lassiter will rise, he certainly could.

And you know who I think could very well end up better than both of Franklin and Mitchell if his head is actually on straight? Jermaine Burton.

He can get off press, he's got good hands, he can track the deep ball. Crispen those routes and you have a really good player with enough there to think he could become a Stefon Diggs, Reggie Wayne, Laveranues Coles, Jeremy Maclin, Torry Holt etc. My only question about Burton is between his ears and it just might be he's a bit of a show-off.

Kelce has always been a bit of a show-off. Tyreek was too. If he's great, I can deal with a bit of that.
It’s weird that you scream about production but now advocate for Burton.

Old 03-05-2024, 08:32 AM   #1979
Veteran

Both Lance Zierlein and Dane Brugler have the Chiefs taking Xavier Worthy in their latest post-combine mock drafts.
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 08:38 AM   #1980
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
Both Lance Zierlein and Dane Brugler have the Chiefs taking Xavier Worthy in their latest post-combine mock drafts.
Makes sense.

People trying to stop our 3peat.

I’m sure the rest of the NFL prefers equity and fairness.