Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2023, 09:44 AM   #1951
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
In 2 games Drake London and Kyle Pitts have the same number of targets between them as Mack Hollins and Jonnu Smith.

Is that bad quarterback play? Does Ridder need to do more to get them the football?
It IS bad QB play, the OL is pretty stout, but Pitts struggled last year when they seemed incapable of finding a use for him, so maybe it's also usage. At some point people are going to evaluate this guy based on his actual production now rather than the rookie year and perceived potential. That's the best chance of snagging him, especially if the Falcons start making similar internal observations.

Falcons, imo, are not going to be a good team. If/when they realise the Ridder-Pitt connection isn't amounting to much, do they look at options for the next QB and how to get them?
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-21-2023, 09:51 AM   #1952
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
In 2 games Drake London and Kyle Pitts have the same number of targets between them as Mack Hollins and Jonnu Smith.

Is that bad quarterback play? Does Ridder need to do more to get them the football?
Combination of Ridder + heavy run offensive philosophy.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2023, 09:55 AM   #1953
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
It IS bad QB play, the OL is pretty stout, but Pitts struggled last year when they seemed incapable of finding a use for him, so maybe it's also usage. At some point people are going to evaluate this guy based on his actual production now rather than the rookie year and perceived potential. That's the best chance of snagging him, especially if the Falcons start making similar internal observations.

Falcons, imo, are not going to be a good team. If/when they realise the Ridder-Pitt connection isn't amounting to much, do they look at options for the next QB and how to get them?
Ridder can be Alex Smith - I think he actually might be.

And it took a little bit for him to get fully unlocked and a smart coach that worked him over for a few years.

Which is why I wonder if it's QB or coaching - are the coaches using guys like London and Pitts as decoys/clear-outs? Are they working hard to get Ridder to run his reads from London/Pitts out?

Ridder isn't appreciably worse than someone like Stroud or Young is likely to be, IMO. And he's good enough right now to keep them out of the top 10 where those premier QB talents are going to end up.

So hell, maybe they DO trade for draft picks if for no other reason than to try to move up. But I just don't think that's how they want to do it. I think they're content building around their RB and looking for a game managing QB.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2023, 10:14 AM   #1954
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I doubt it, but they should, considering they're going to be a run first offense for as long as Smith is there.
Pitts looks like he could block.

Would love to have him, but I think they're pretty happy with him.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 09-21-2023, 10:16 AM   #1955
MVP

Not that they would trade with us...

but I wonder if Denver doesn't start considering moving Jeudy or Sutton if their young WRs (Johnson & Mims) have continued success?

how about Josh Jacobs, Devante Adams, or Chandler Jones from the Raiders, they might end up in fire-sale mode?

Aaron Donald??? lol

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 09-21-2023 at 10:25 AM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 09-21-2023, 10:20 AM   #1956
MVP

Quote:
It's arbitrage at a point though, isn't it?

I mean let's say we include Gray as part of a deal. Is Pitts a MUCH better player than Gray? Sure - but would Gray be noticeably less productive and useful for the Falcons than Pitts is? Man - he might not be.

And if they can get a starting CB and MLB in the process while not fundamentally altering their offensive output - they'd have to consider it, right?
Shit, DJ - YOU wouldn't be noticeably less productive and useful for Atlanta than Pitts is.

The way they utilize him should be a ****ing war crime.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 11:58 AM   #1957
In Search of a Life

I've waffled on my RB stances.

Would you guys flip a 3rd to the Colts for Taylor?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 12:01 PM   #1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

God no. Why?

Maybe 10% better than Pacheco at 10x the cost?

I wouldn't sign Taylor as a free agent.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2023, 12:05 PM   #1959
In Search of a Life

Quote:
God no. Why?

Maybe 10% better than Pacheco at 10x the cost?

I wouldn't sign Taylor as a free agent.
Pachecho is banged up and we need another RB, CEH sucks.

I'd probably be able to recoup the 3rd in the comp pick after he signs elsewhere?

I dunno
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2023, 12:37 PM   #1960
Veteran

Quote:
Ridder can be Alex Smith - I think he actually might be.

And it took a little bit for him to get fully unlocked and a smart coach that worked him over for a few years.

Which is why I wonder if it's QB or coaching - are the coaches using guys like London and Pitts as decoys/clear-outs? Are they working hard to get Ridder to run his reads from London/Pitts out?

Ridder isn't appreciably worse than someone like Stroud or Young is likely to be, IMO. And he's good enough right now to keep them out of the top 10 where those premier QB talents are going to end up.

So hell, maybe they DO trade for draft picks if for no other reason than to try to move up. But I just don't think that's how they want to do it. I think they're content building around their RB and looking for a game managing QB.
I think their run game and defense might be good enough to keep them out of the top 10 picks, not sure about Ridder. My eye probably isn't educated enough to tell what's coaching and what's a talent/execution issue. I'm just not sure what I've seen has been anything but a bottom quarter QB. What am I missing that he does even averagely?
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-21-2023, 01:07 PM   #1961
MVP

Quote:

I'd probably be able to recoup the 3rd in the comp pick after he signs elsewhere?

I dunno
The obvious answer is to always give up draft picks for other teams cast offs. Honestly I would be happier of they brought up Perine and gave him a shot instead of trading for an over priced replacement.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 01:28 PM   #1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
I think their run game and defense might be good enough to keep them out of the top 10 picks, not sure about Ridder. My eye probably isn't educated enough to tell what's coaching and what's a talent/execution issue. I'm just not sure what I've seen has been anything but a bottom quarter QB. What am I missing that he does even averagely?
Truthfully? I think he's just average at a lot of things and recognizes his limitations.

Average arm strength and accuracy. Above average mobility. Typically takes care of the football.

He's a game manager. He's a guy that's going to be content being what Mariota wasn't willing to be. And he's not going to make the same kind of god-awful stupid mistakes that Mariota made.

And in the end that'll make him a passable starting QB. Maybe.

I don't think there's superstar potential in there, but I think he does a lot of things well enough.
Old 09-21-2023, 01:29 PM   #1963

Quote:

I dunno
And Taylor isn't?

He's either injured badly enough to not be ready for camp/the season. Or he's a malcontent who doesn't want to play without an extension.

What about either of those possibilities makes you think he's a good 1a to Pacheco's 1b?
Old 09-21-2023, 01:59 PM   #1964
MVP

Quote:

I'd consider it for sure!

What about Pachecco + 5th for Taylor? A 3rd + MVS for Evans? lol

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 09-21-2023 at 05:47 PM..
Old 09-22-2023, 03:24 AM   #1965
MVP

Whether our WR's are good or bad I just read Richie James may be out long term with an MCL issue. Toney is also dealing with a toe injury he aggravated vs JAX. Watson may be our PR now.

Good thing we kept 7, eh? That means our healthy WR's at this time are...

-Moore
-MVS
-Watson
-Rice
-Ross

Young guns are going to be seeing increased reps ready or not.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote