Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2024, 08:28 AM  
Ultrabanned

Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?

Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:44 PM   #1936
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly D View Post
Frank White crying about truces. Boohoo.

He never did anything to contribute to stadium deals. KS is pushing ahead and hes crying about the big bad wolf. The worst politician in Missouri history.
What did MO do to keep them? Not just Frank and JACO, but what did Jeff City do to keep the Chiefs and Royals in MO?
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:47 PM   #1937
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Just like now the price will be set by what the market can bear. Elite sports has become quite the show in recent decades, so many fans have been being priced out of the market in recent time. When I looked into it again in 2019, the price of seats in section 124 were ridiculous compared to what I used to pay for them in 2001-2004. It's just the way it is, so we opted for occasional games instead of going back to being STHs.

It's all good, and wine, cheese, and a charcuterie board are pretty darn sweet actually.
Or you could, you know, not have prime seats. I'm in section 303 and it's just fine. And I'm sure I don't pay anywhere near what they do in 124.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:48 PM   #1938
The man you could post like.

How could this possibly be confusing?

The initial proposal in the first place was a damn near billion dollar renovation that was almost exclusively catered to generating revenue from the top 1% of fans.

The only chance they gave Jackson County that would've kept them at Arrowhead was tied to an awful Royals proposal that had crucial aspects being repeatedly changed until almost the day of the vote and had a significant groundswell of opposition towards it. They're now publicly stating their intentions of securing a new 2 billion+ stadium deal.

They've let the standard of the current facilities deteriorate to the point players voted Clark Hunt the worst owner in the league.

It's pretty blatantly obvious what the intentions of the Chiefs is here.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 02:49 PM   #1939
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Yeah, rain sucks more than anything in my experience. One thing I really love though is a snow game. If we get a dome of any kind that will be over forever.
Yeah, I agree. I'm not a cold weather person but I do like snow games.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:53 PM   #1940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Or you could, you know, not have prime seats. I'm in section 303 and it's just fine. And I'm sure I don't pay anywhere near what they do in 124.
100% with you, we actually found that up high near the Ford zone in the summer was not only close to awesome vendors and seating, it was in the shade and the people were very cool. During the winter we'd find something in the sun and pray for sunny weather.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:01 PM   #1941
Keep Camp Home!

we should build a dome because we never know if the earth's axis could shift and we become a tundra climate
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:02 PM   #1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
How could this possibly be confusing?

The initial proposal in the first place was a damn near billion dollar renovation that was almost exclusively catered to generating revenue from the top 1% of fans.

The only chance they gave Jackson County that would've kept them at Arrowhead was tied to an awful Royals proposal that had crucial aspects being repeatedly changed until almost the day of the vote and had a significant groundswell of opposition towards it. They're now publicly stating their intentions of securing a new 2 billion+ stadium deal.

They've let the standard of the current facilities deteriorate to the point players voted Clark Hunt the worst owner in the league.

It's pretty blatantly obvious what the intentions of the Chiefs is here.
I don't think anybody is genuinely confused, and it takes a real JACO loyalist to think the teams have to stay in JACO to remain their fan. Add to it that MO never offers to help JACO like I've heard they did help St. Louis (I have nothing to prove that tho), it's hardly a surprise that when it's an entire state vs one county in another state the county will either lose or go broke out-bidding an entire state.

Perhaps the MO Governor should be asked what his thoughts are on the topic of MO losing its red-hot NFL team, and potentially its MLB team. It's not like MO couldn't crush KS if Jeff City wanted to, but we know Jeff City pretty-much limits their love to the St. Louis area. I've lived in MO for ~25 years, was told this when we first moved here, and it's pretty-much proven to be true.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:04 PM   #1943
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Tax funds going to a private business.
I don't disagree at all, but that's the reality of having/keeping these teams. Other locales are more than willing to make such an investment.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:09 PM   #1944

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
I don't disagree at all, but that's the reality of having/keeping these teams. Other locales are more than willing to make such an investment.
If we can get KS to fund it, that's awesome, it's a win-win. Who loses and what exactly do they lose that matters?

And it's 81,700 square mile Kansas vs 604 square mile JACO; not really a fair fight IMO. Hey, if the Kansans want to fund the Chiefs current wet dream dome I'll be more than happy to drive over there for some games in it.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:13 PM   #1945

Passed the KS House with a super majority. On to the KS Senate. The state, THE STATE, would own 70% of it, meanwhile the MO government is doing nothing. Pretty telling...
Old 06-18-2024, 03:24 PM   #1946

And it was pretty interesting hearing one of the KS congressmen saying that, "MO is famous for losing professional sports teams", then named the Rams and the Scouts. Its the difference between a state that's hungry to gain another state's team(s) and a state's more than willing to lose the team.

Any MO resident who is unhappy with all this needs to understand this and perhaps understand that Jeff City is as much to blame here as Frank White.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:25 PM   #1947

Quote:
Passed the KS House with a super majority. On to the KS Senate. The state, THE STATE, would own 70% of it, meanwhile the MO government is doing nothing. Pretty telling...
Do state governments usually do much for this kind of thing? In Missouri it's a challenge because there are 2 major metros, and several other decent size. St. Louis doesn't give a rat's ass about keeping the Chiefs.

There is ****ing nothing in Kansas. All they have is the part of Kansas that is a bleed-over from Missouri. That's their best opportunity to grow. Kudos to them for being opportunistic.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 03:34 PM   #1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Do state governments usually do much for this kind of thing? In Missouri it's a challenge because there are 2 major metros, and several other decent size. St. Louis doesn't give a rat's ass about keeping the Chiefs.

There is ****ing nothing in Kansas. All they have is the part of Kansas that is a bleed-over from Missouri. That's their best opportunity to grow. Kudos to them for being opportunistic.
I seem to recall people saying the Jeff City did get involved in getting the Cards what they were looking for, so if that's correct, perhaps it' not unprecedented. But I agree, Jeff City isn't going to help the KC metro area, that's pretty clear, so people need to direct their anger to the right places because KS is always willing to pick-away any/all businesses from the KC Missouri side, and Jeff City let's it happen. It is what it is, it's not worth getting mad about because I don't think it'll suddenly change soon enough to change this move, but at least it will be a short ride to KS to enjoy the occasional dead-cold winter game in a T-shirt once you're inside. Paid for by the state's people.

And no, Jeff City won't ever wake up and decide to compete with Kansas. This keeps the Kansans very happy. Maybe Mayor Q could blast the Governor and Jeff City with a rant and see if we can get the Governor to step away from the buffet.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:40 PM   #1949

Quote:
I seem to recall people saying the Jeff City did get involved in getting the Cards what they were looking for, so if that's correct, perhaps it' not unprecedented. But I agree, Jeff City isn't going to help the KC metro area, that's pretty clear, so people need to direct their anger to the right places because KS is always willing to pick-away any/all businesses from the KC Missouri side, and Jeff City let's it happen. It is what it is, it's not worth getting mad about because I don't think it'll suddenly change soon enough to change this move, but at least it will be a short ride to KS to enjoy the occasional dead-cold winter game in a T-shirt once you're inside. Paid for by the state's people.

And no, Jeff City won't ever wake up and decide to compete with Kansas. This keeps the Kansans very happy. Maybe Mayor Q could blast the Governor and Jeff City with a rant and see if we can get the Governor to step away from the buffet.
Looks like it was, but not very much...

https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/ballpark/financing-report

Quote:
In late 2002 the St. Louis Cardinals, the City of St. Louis, the State of Missouri and St. Louis County reached an agreement on the financing of a new ballpark in downtown St. Louis. In an era when most sports facilities were built with a majority of public subsidies, the Cardinals deal was privately financed and involved little public money.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:50 PM   #1950
MVP

It sounds like the tax payers in Carolina are about to be threatened with moving the Panthers after polling revealed their thoughts on potentially handing over millions of dollars.
ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.