Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2021, 07:20 AM  
MVP

Mahomes wants 20-0

http://https://www.google.com/amp/s/...fect-20-0/amp/

"The only record I have my eyes set on breaking, which would be new this year, would be going 20-0," Mahomes said. "It's not really a record to be broken I guess you would say—19-0 is the record right now—so being able to go 20-0 and being the first one to do that, that would be awesome."
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-13-2024, 12:53 PM   #181
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Doesn’t matter as they went undefeated from start to finish and won the SB. Comparing them to a different era is not accurate. Regardless of era no team in the SB era can claim that.
Comparing them to different eras is justified when discussing the greatest teams of all time.

The Dolphins were the greatest team that season. The Steelers were the greatest team of that era. Neither of them could win a single game in the modern NFL even if they had a last a place schedule. Thus, "Greatest team my ass".
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 12:58 PM   #182
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by xztop123 View Post
Hard to say offense is better than Watkins/hunt team cuz we had two of the best pass blocking tackles in the nfl and we had money to spend before the big contracts were signed.

Hard to say defense is better than last year.

But maybe the best overall team, sure
Pat is drastically better than he was in 18, good as he was.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2024, 12:59 PM   #183
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
Comparing them to different eras is justified when discussing the greatest teams of all time.

The Dolphins were the greatest team that season. The Steelers were the greatest team of that era. Neither of them could win a single game in the modern NFL even if they had a last a place schedule. Thus, "Greatest team my ass".
Comparing them to teams in this era is silly. They were the only team to go undefeated against their peers in that season. No team can claim that. Rules have changed over the years, so while players are bigger, stronger, and faster in this era, they are also far more protected as well.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 06-13-2024, 01:31 PM   #184
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
An "IF" I forgot is if we're multiple games ahead for first place and rest our starters down the stretch.
I think it was the 2009 season when the Colts were 14-0 or something and decided to rest their starters the last couple weeks of the season. They lost the last couple games, ended up 14-2, then lost to the Saints in the Super Bowl.

Idk. I understand the argument either way, but I might go for something more historic and aim for the undefeated season.

In our case, this season, I’d say hell no because the 3-peat is far more historic than a potential undefeated season but any other random year? Let’s make history.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2024, 01:51 PM   #185
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
On paper, I feel like this is the best offense and defense in the Mahomes era.
Best offense, sure, defense, I doubt it
ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-13-2024, 01:56 PM   #186
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88 View Post
If the Chiefs are 16-0, and presumably have the #1 seed locked up heading into Week 18… Andy would still likely rest Mahomes and other key starters rather than go for the undefeated season.

Which would be the smart and correct decision.
In that case, I think after sitting behind Patrick Mahomes for a full season and learning, Carson Wentz will be ready to go in that Week 18 matchup against the Broncos with the perfect season on the line.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-13-2024, 02:24 PM   #187
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post
You're insane if you seriously think the 07 Giants were a better team than the 07 Patriots.
They are, Giants won the Super Bowl did they?
ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ChiefsFan88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-13-2024, 02:38 PM   #188
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
I think it was Pat Kirwan who once said "if you have to use more than two ifs, you're in trouble."

The Chiefs can go 20-0 IF the left tackle situation is solidified, and IF the receiving corps comes together, and IF offenses cannot hammer our outside corners now that Sneed is gone, and IF the team stays healthy.

Too many ifs for me. Other than the left tackle situation, I actually like our odds on all the other IFs, but I've been wrong too many times to count on that. I think the safe bet is we lose at least a game.

I think by the end of the season, barring injuries, the Super Bowl will be 49ers vs. either us or the Ravens.
Actually, the Chiefs have a 100% chance of going 20-0 this season!
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 03:06 PM   #189
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
Actually, the Chiefs have a 100% chance of going 20-0 this season!
You mean 19-0 and Chiefs have zero chance if they get a first round bye and they want to rest their starters
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 03:11 PM   #190
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan88 View Post
You mean 19-0 and Chiefs have zero chance if they get a first round bye and they want to rest their starters
I do not, in fact, mean 19-0.
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2024, 03:13 PM   #191
Choco Favre

Quote:
We're the Chiefs, we can do whatever we want.

20-0 will happen!!!!
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2024, 03:17 PM   #192
Veteran

**** you all, we're going 21-0.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-13-2024, 03:29 PM   #193
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Best offense, sure, defense, I doubt it
It is though
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2024, 04:08 PM   #194
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
We're the Chiefs, we can do whatever we want.

20-0 will happen!!!!
Yeah, we say we are going undefeated every year since Mahomes arrived and it did not happen so keep telling yourself that
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 04:13 PM   #195
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Yeah, we say we are going undefeated every year since Mahomes arrived and it did not happen so keep telling yourself that
This team will never go undefeated.
They know how good they are. They consistently know there's a big play around the corner and every year they hit that funk where they have to bottom out before they rebound and hit their potential.

They will win 4 in a row though.
Bank on that...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.