Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-27-2019, 02:22 PM  
In Search of a Life

No Surgery for Eric Berry

Thought this might deserve it's own thread.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:01 AM   #181
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High D View Post
The Spirit moves in mysterious ways.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:40 AM   #182
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
It is nice to know we have so many message board certified doctors on CP. Next time Berry needs medical advice I'm sure his agent will advise him to come on here instead of going to see a doctor from a hospital.
Sounds like someone’s jazzed for another season of EB being day to day.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:46 AM   #183
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
On a side note, the worst contract Dorsey ever laid upon the Chiefs by a mile. Didn't look horrific at the time but it's an abomination.
The leaks from the FO were that Dorsey was fired (at least in part) because he let the Houston and Berry talks “simmer” while re-signing his guys. Both are going to be cut/traded this offseason.

Don’t throw this on Dorsey. CHunt wanted his inspirational ticket seller.

“The five-year, $41.25 million deal for guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif in February. This deal came, like Fisher’s, in Duvernay-Tardif’s first offseason eligible for a second contract. Meanwhile, the Justin Houston and Eric Berry contract talks simmered—cap guru Trip MacCracken was let go last month—and the team has spent the past couple years perilously close to the salary cap.”
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:22 AM   #184
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
Don’t throw this on Dorsey. CHunt wanted his inspirational ticket seller.
Come on. Aside from being NFL Comeback Player of the Year, he had been an All-Pro safety each of the prior two seasons. A little more than an inspirational ticket seller, no?

The article in The Athletic said the doctor's expectation was that the foot would 'mend' without surgery. Clearly he wasn't playing at 100pct last season and was in a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't situation which is evidenced by a lot of the comments here. Berry doesn't play? Lazy mother****er. Berry plays at less than 100pct and it shows? Brokedick mother****er. If he had gotten his hand up a split second earlier, he breaks up the pass to Gronk, we're in the Super Bowl, and the narrative changes.

I think we'll end up keeping Berry. I realize most of you don't subscribe to that sort of belief, but the Chiefs may find it risky to get rid of both Houston and him at the same time, the two guys who have been the vocal leaders of this defense. (And yes, I realize that this defense was historically bad and can only get better, but the Chiefs front office may feel blowing everything up in one offseason is too drastic.)

Not saying I agree or disagree with any of the above, but I suspect this is our reality.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:32 AM   #185
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Come on. Aside from being NFL Comeback Player of the Year, he had been an All-Pro safety each of the prior two seasons. A little more than an inspirational ticket seller, no?

The article in The Athletic said the doctor's expectation was that the foot would 'mend' without surgery. Clearly he wasn't playing at 100pct last season and was in a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't situation which is evidenced by a lot of the comments here. Berry doesn't play? Lazy mother****er. Berry plays at less than 100pct and it shows? Brokedick mother****er. If he had gotten his hand up a split second earlier, he breaks up the pass to Gronk, we're in the Super Bowl, and the narrative changes.

I think we'll end up keeping Berry. I realize most of you don't subscribe to that sort of belief, but the Chiefs may find it risky to get rid of both Houston and him at the same time, the two guys who have been the vocal leaders of this defense. (And yes, I realize that this defense was historically bad and can only get better, but the Chiefs front office may feel blowing everything up in one offseason is too drastic.)

Not saying I agree or disagree with any of the above, but I suspect this is our reality.
Your Berry bandwagon feeling a little lonely these days??
Old 02-28-2019, 05:38 AM   #186
Unsparing

lol. If they're keeping Berry, they're not doing so for any meaningful contributions on the field.

That day is long past, and there is no risk whatsoever in cutting this player. It's far riskier to put him in situations of importance.

If they want to keep him to make speeches to the other players( which would be dumb as **** because he's not actually playing as a team mate and helping to contribute ), and to take a lesser cap hit when cutting him next season, that's fine by me. Just keep his slow ass off the field.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:45 AM   #187
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
Your Berry bandwagon feeling a little lonely these days??
Yes, I thought Berry would contribute more if he came back last season. I also thought he would only come back if he were healthy. I'm just crestfallen and can hardly look myself in the mirror anymore as this has just consumed every ounce of my being.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:54 AM   #188
Choco Favre

I'm just glad we will find out soon enough if he's cut.

I don't want this in limbo during the most important offseason in Chiefs history.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:59 AM   #189
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post

I mean, they probably weren't wrong.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:10 AM   #190
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
I mean, they probably weren't wrong.
Berry isn't lazy. He beat cancer, came back not only played in the NFL but played at a Pro Bowl level. His work ethic is legendary even among professional athletes who are notorious for taking care of their bodies.

It is probably one of the reasons he still has the respect of his teammates. They see how hard he is working to get out there and play.

You guys act like he is sitting at home playing COD and drinking beer every day. **** outta here that bs.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:12 AM   #191
Choco Favre

Quote:
Berry isn't lazy. He beat cancer, came back not only played in the NFL but played at a Pro Bowl level. His work ethic is legendary even among professional athletes who are notorious for taking care of their bodies.

It is probably one of the reasons he still has the respect of his teammates. They see how hard he was working to get out there and play.

You guys act like he is sitting at home playing COD and drinking beer every day. **** outta here that bs.
I didn't mean lazy as in work ethic. It was more about not being on the field when he probably could have been on the field.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:14 AM   #192
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
I didn't mean lazy as in work ethic. It was more about not being on the field when he probably could have been on the field.
And you know this how?
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:26 AM   #193
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
And you know this how?
After sitting out for 4 months it's likely he could have played against Baltimore on Sunday if he was ready to play against LA Chargers a few days later on Thursday
Old 02-28-2019, 07:28 AM   #194
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
It is nice to know we have so many message board certified doctors on CP. Next time Berry needs medical advice I'm sure his agent will advise him to come on here instead of going to see a doctor from a hospital.
Serious question... Are you still thinking he wasn't just out to **** the Chiefs out of money? I mean we all know he has Haglunds, but are you really thinking the way he handled it wasn't to just get his cash and didn't really give a shit how it affected the team?
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:30 AM   #195
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
lol. If they're keeping Berry, they're not doing so for any meaningful contributions on the field.

That day is long past, and there is no risk whatsoever in cutting this player. It's far riskier to put him in situations of importance.

If they want to keep him to make speeches to the other players( which would be dumb as **** because he's not actually playing as a team mate and helping to contribute ), and to take a lesser cap hit when cutting him next season, that's fine by me. Just keep his slow ass off the field.
All of this.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.