Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2023, 11:03 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]

Interesting

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2023, 10:52 AM   #1921
MVP

The Arizona retirement communities are already close by
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-06-2023, 11:29 AM   #1922
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Number one in yards, in scoring, in efficiency, in explosive plays. What metric would you like to use?

I would use a multifaceted metric, or I would compile multiple stats/metrics to better describe the offense. Because those metrics above just don't. I mean, I get it; they sound cool. But they lack any precision.

If they did, they'd explain what happened in the IND, BUF, CIN, TEN, LAR, DEN and HOU games. In one of the JAX games. In the first half of the SB.

You know, when they kind of sucked in those games.

The ones that are particularly concerning are obviously both the BUF and the CIN games. But let's skip that for now. In fact, we'll just put this right here:

[INSERT STANDARD EXCUSE VS. BUF/CIN HERE]

But where was this number one offense vs. TEN?

8/19 3rd downs

2-13 scoring drives. 15% efficiency.

Against a team that didn't even make the playoffs. They didn't earn a W over their last 7 games.

The Rams. Sorry, the practice squad of the Rams

5-11 on 3rd downs

2-8 scoring drives

1-6 in the RZ

Maybe that score/performance would've been acceptable if the Rams had actually been the Rams. But they were a practice squad wearing Rams colors.

And somehow "the number one scoring offense in the world" managed just two TDs against a defense that only could play 5 players of their SB defense vs. KC.

Went 1 TD in SIX TRIPS inside the RZ.

Good thing Stafford wasn't healthy. And our kicking unit was on point.

Had to go to OT vs. DEN and HOU. [Insert standard "they're a Division rival" excuse here for DEN.]

Scored just 24 vs. SEA

3rd down efficiency was ass again, 3-11

Scored just 3 TDs in 10 drives

But the most concerning thing shouldn't be the individual games themselves, but should be that some of those games were late in the season, when the offense was supposed to be gelling into playoff form. But obviously, when you take a little deeper look into the stats, past "MOST EXPLOSIVE OFFENSE EVAH," or whatever non-contextualized metric of the day is, there were problems. Chronic ones. There were even games where one could make the argument that KC won in spite of the offense, not because of it.

But whatever. I've posted this argument in much more complete detail a couple three times already. Obviously it's way more fun to throw "We're the number one offense ever" out there, than to be more analytical. I get it.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2023, 12:16 PM   #1923
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Oh, hi noob.

I remember Stanford Routt.
I remember thinking he was so fast he had to be an upgrade.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-06-2023, 12:25 PM   #1924
Special Teams ACE!!!

Ok gang…
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2023, 12:26 PM   #1925
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I would use a multifaceted metric, or I would compile multiple stats/metrics to better describe the offense. Because those metrics above just don't. I mean, I get it; they sound cool. But they lack any precision.

If they did, they'd explain what happened in the IND, BUF, CIN, TEN, LAR, DEN and HOU games. In one of the JAX games. In the first half of the SB.

The ones that are particularly concerning are obviously both the BUF and the CIN games. But let's skip that for now. In fact, we'll just put this right here:

8/19 3rd downs

Against a team that didn't even make the playoffs. They didn't earn a W over their last 7 games.

5-11 on 3rd downs

2-8 scoring drives

1-6 in the RZ

Maybe that score/performance would've been acceptable if the Rams had actually been the Rams. But they were a practice squad wearing Rams colors.

And somehow "the number one scoring offense in the world" managed just two TDs against a defense that only could play 5 players of their SB defense vs. KC.

Had to go to OT vs. DEN and HOU. [Insert standard "they're a Division rival" excuse here for DEN.]

Scored just 24 vs. SEA

But the most concerning thing shouldn't be the individual games themselves, but should be that some of those games were late in the season, when the offense was supposed to be gelling into playoff form. But obviously, when you take a little deeper look into the stats, past "MOST EXPLOSIVE OFFENSE EVAH," or whatever non-contextualized metric of the day is, there were problems. Chronic ones. There were even games where one could make the argument that KC won in spite of the offense, not because of it.

But whatever. I've posted this argument in much more complete detail a couple three times already. Obviously it's way more fun to throw "We're the number one offense ever" out there, than to be more analytical. I get it.
I can't even deal with this dumb shit anymore. You've gone full ****ing tard.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 12:29 PM   #1926
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

8/19 3rd downs

5-11 on 3rd downs

2-8 scoring drives

1-6 in the RZ

Scored just 24 vs. SEA

If you want to talk about making the Chiefs offense better, that's all well and good. It can get better.

But let's be honest on both sides when analyzing the offensive performance. You're asking for context. Let's apply game context.

Let's talk Rams first.

The Chiefs scored on five of their first six drives in the game to take a 20-3 lead halfway through the third quarter. They averaged 3+ Points per possession to that point. That's an elite level of production per possession.

The next drive was another long drive that ended with an uncharacteristic Mahomes INT in the end zone. And they went into cruise control on the last two drives. All said and done for, they moved the ball consistently and well and went pretty vanilla against an overmatched opponent.

Especially late in the year, Reid tends to let the foot off the gas and save "the good stuff" for later. It happened during the 2019 Super Bowl run, too.

I'd chalk that Seattle game up in the same territory. They were vanilla as can be in that game. And again. 5 possessions in the first half, 17 points, north of 3 points/possession. That's stellar production.

I just don't think you can muster much "concern" about offensive output in games where the Chiefs clearly took the foot off the gas.

BUF, Von Miller's pressure shut down KC's offense single-handedly a few times in that game, late. KC hadn't started giving the T as much help at that point. I'd put the IND game in the same bucket. Watching them try to get outside on that surface vs. Indy's Es was painful. Pressure was the problem.

CIN, the offense was actually much more productive than you are acting like. Only 7 real possessions. 3 TDs, 1 FG, 1 missed FG, 1 punt, and one promising drive nullified by a fluky fumble.

Do the math. The points/possession... still elite there despite the missed FG.

JAX... the regular season game, is that what you're referencing? KC jumped to a 20-0 lead despite being on the wrong side of an onside kick and having Pacheco fumble in the red zone on the first drive and having Fortson fumble on a kickoff. They were up 27-10 by the end of the third. At no point did the offense "struggle" in that game. It was so good, they still blew Jacksonville out despite losing the TO margin 3-0 and also losing a possession to an onside kick, and they killed the last five minutes of the game.

That leaves DEN and TEN.

I don't have an explanation for TEN, other than a good gameplan and execution by Tennessee. KC's offense was really one dimensional in that one, and Tennesee did a really good job neutralizing the run game (other than Mahomes scrambles).

Finally, the two DEN tilts.

The first one, the Chiefs went up 27-0 and clearly let down in intensity. It almost bit them.

The second one looked and felt like a classic divisional game example.

All in all, there is some room for improvement. Probably always will be But the Chiefs offense certainly played and produced like the top offense in football. The main things that held it back - lack of playmaker depth at WR, weakness at OT in pass blocking - have both been addressed with significant investments and personnel adjustments.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 01:13 PM   #1927
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
The fool just likes to read what he types. He is doing the same shit about Bob Lazar's made up shit about E115 in another thread.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 01:17 PM   #1928
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
The fool just likes to read what he types. He is doing the same shit about Bob Lazar's made up shit about E115 in another thread.
Nailed it! EVERY ****ing thread ends up the same way.
TEX has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 01:19 PM   #1929
The man you could post like.

Quote:

8/19 3rd downs

5-11 on 3rd downs

2-8 scoring drives

1-6 in the RZ

Scored just 24 vs. SEA

Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2023, 01:23 PM   #1930
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Yep.... ALWAYS, PLENTY OF NOTHING to say.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 06-06-2023, 01:24 PM   #1931
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
If you want to talk about making the Chiefs offense better, that's all well and good. It can get better.

But let's be honest on both sides when analyzing the offensive performance. You're asking for context. Let's apply game context.

Let's talk Rams first.

The Chiefs scored on five of their first six drives in the game to take a 20-3 lead halfway through the third quarter. They averaged 3+ Points per possession to that point. That's an elite level of production per possession.

The next drive was another long drive that ended with an uncharacteristic Mahomes INT in the end zone. And they went into cruise control on the last two drives. All said and done for, they moved the ball consistently and well and went pretty vanilla against an overmatched opponent.

Especially late in the year, Reid tends to let the foot off the gas and save "the good stuff" for later. It happened during the 2019 Super Bowl run, too.

I'd chalk that Seattle game up in the same territory. They were vanilla as can be in that game. And again. 5 possessions in the first half, 17 points, north of 3 points/possession. That's stellar production.

I just don't think you can muster much "concern" about offensive output in games where the Chiefs clearly took the foot off the gas.

BUF, Von Miller's pressure shut down KC's offense single-handedly a few times in that game, late. KC hadn't started giving the T as much help at that point. I'd put the IND game in the same bucket. Watching them try to get outside on that surface vs. Indy's Es was painful. Pressure was the problem.

CIN, the offense was actually much more productive than you are acting like. Only 7 real possessions. 3 TDs, 1 FG, 1 missed FG, 1 punt, and one promising drive nullified by a fluky fumble.

Do the math. The points/possession... still elite there despite the missed FG.

JAX... the regular season game, is that what you're referencing? KC jumped to a 20-0 lead despite being on the wrong side of an onside kick and having Pacheco fumble in the red zone on the first drive and having Fortson fumble on a kickoff. They were up 27-10 by the end of the third. At no point did the offense "struggle" in that game. It was so good, they still blew Jacksonville out despite losing the TO margin 3-0 and also losing a possession to an onside kick, and they killed the last five minutes of the game.

That leaves DEN and TEN.

I don't have an explanation for TEN, other than a good gameplan and execution by Tennessee. KC's offense was really one dimensional in that one, and Tennesee did a really good job neutralizing the run game (other than Mahomes scrambles).

Finally, the two DEN tilts.

The first one, the Chiefs went up 27-0 and clearly let down in intensity. It almost bit them.

The second one looked and felt like a classic divisional game example.

All in all, there is some room for improvement. Probably always will be But the Chiefs offense certainly played and produced like the top offense in football. The main things that held it back - lack of playmaker depth at WR, weakness at OT in pass blocking - have both been addressed with significant investments and personnel adjustments.

Lol, so my takeaway from the LAR and SEA games is that we didn’t really want to score TDs in the RZ, eh? The plan was to kick FGs, because we didn’t want to give away anything?

Like I said, “a win is a win.” There’s your mentality.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:07 PM   #1932
MVP

When it's all said-and-done and DHop has signed with whatever team he signs with - and I hope it's my favorite team, the Kansas City Chiefs - I think the main takeaway from this thread is that some people have far, far too much idle time on their hands.

Maybe take up golf, fishing, working out, or some other hobby. Or do some volunteer work.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:09 PM   #1933
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post

didn-t-read
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:10 PM   #1934
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
When it's all said-and-done and DHop has signed with whatever team he signs with - and I hope it's my favorite team, the Kansas City Chiefs - I think the main takeaway from this thread is that some people have far, far too much idle time on their hands.

Maybe take up golf, fishing, working out, or some other hobby. Or do some volunteer work.
"Why don't you go do something... Get a job. Work with blind kids. All you do is wait for me to come home and **** you."
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:15 PM   #1935
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Lol, so my takeaway from the LAR and SEA games is that we didn’t really want to score TDs in the RZ, eh? The plan was to kick FGs, because we didn’t want to give away anything?

Like I said, “a win is a win.” There’s your mentality.
It's a well known thing the team plays vanilla for many games in the regular season... players have said it, coaches have said it. Kelce has made comments about how hard it is to focus during the regularly season because all they want to do is get back to playoff football.

I thought it was glaringly obvious at the end of the season... they went from playing unfocused and pulling games out of their ass to using the Raiders as a playoff warmup game where they were in sync and in playoff mode.

To answer your question, you don't take anything away from those games, except they don't matter and have no bearing on anything as long as they win (oh shit, I said it).
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.