Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:43 PM   #1906
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
HEY! Don't hold me to this, but it's possible Rashee hasn't fully realized his potential and ISN'T as good as JuJu at those back shoulder plays, and better DBs he faces down the stretch might neutralize him in those situations and we're once again left grasping.

NOT SAYING IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN! But YOU NEVER KNOW! It's almost like players can get BETTER or WORSE with the course of every practice?!?! ZOUNDS!

But don't worry! If Rashee goes ONE GAME without backing a back shoulder throw I'm coming back to DUNK on ALL OF YOU who have been giving me shit over this ONE PLAY!!!!
I hated the pic.

But, I am actually a big Rice fan now.

I was just saying that not all players get better, so admonishing people for not trusting he could get better shouldn't apply here.

I thought Rice definitely needed to work on not drifting into defenders in the zone, and he seems to be working on it.

And it's frustrating that Reid doesn't seem to know how to use him. I will never understand Skyy out wide with Rice in the slot when they are on the field together.

Also, his burst and get off is elite. He is the perfect receiver for running slants to move the chains, and for drag routes and crossers because he can separate from man coverage quickly.

Until this week, he had only caught like 3 or 4 slants all year, and he had two of the biggest plays on drag route. They work, and I don't know why Reid doesn't see that Rice could eat up defense that way.

But, to the point of Skyy developing, it is Rice's development this year that may be the most condemning thing for Skyy Moore.

Moore may be a fringe NFL player in a less complicated offensive scheme, but in this offense he doesn't look like he belongs in the league. Obviously, the Chiefs and Reid, who clearly knows more about football than anyone on this board, think he is a player, so we will all continue to suffer his suck.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:47 PM   #1907
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Wow.

While pumping Ross's tires no less.

That's not a great take...
Who the hell is pumping Ross’s tires. Jesus. Find me a single post where Ive pumped the dude up. I mentioned his name because I didn't see potential of anyone else to fit an "x/y" mold. Except Ross who I've said from the very beginning was a long shot
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:48 PM   #1908
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Nobody reasonable would interpret what I said as an insult to rice.
Dude, I literally posted the definition of the word in the context you used it, and you doubled down on it.

Again, not my fault that you're using words incorrectly, if that's your excuse. You won't even simply say that though.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:49 PM   #1909
MVP

Quote:
I think we were asking every player to play within structure. Kelce has made a killing reading the defense and making route adjustments, and he and mahomes have become an elite tandem because they’re always in perfect harmony. They’re the best improvisers in the game by a mile.

But we dialed back a lot of that. Mostly because when WRs can’t be trusted to make route adjustments it becomes a bit chaotic, especially for a qb like mahomes who wants his WRs to see the field the way he does. We asked our WRs to do way less. It kind of seemed like we asked mahomes to go through a specific progression and do it quickly, versus wait for a guy like kelce to break to the spot you know will open up. And you know what… maybe that breaks some of mahomes’ habit of locking onto guys sometimes. But We went from phd to Sesame Street. And maybe that’s long term sustainable, I don’t know, especially since our offense can be asked to do a lot less this year. But that to me felt very different.

We made a deliberate adjustment
There's literally no way for you to know at all about any of that unless you say in the meetings and game install.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 07:50 PM   #1910
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
He is even more explosive after the catch than Tyreek, as crazy as that may sound. I don't remember in my time watching the NFL that I've seen a player with better acceleration after the catch than Rice. It's remarkable to watch.
Please watch some Tyreek highlights.

I agree that Rice has an elite burst, but Hill did and still does accelerate faster than any player in the NFL, and possibly in the history of the NFL. Tyreek Hill is one of, if not THE twitchiest fast twitch athlete in the world.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 07:50 PM   #1911
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
There's literally no way for you to know at all about any of that unless you say in the meetings and game install.
But he really wants it to be true, so it must be!
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 07:52 PM   #1912
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I hated the pic.

But, I am actually a big Rice fan now.

I was just saying that not all players get better, so admonishing people for not trusting he could get better shouldn't apply here.

I thought Rice definitely needed to work on not drifting into defenders in the zone, and he seems to be working on it.

And it's frustrating that Reid doesn't seem to know how to use him.I will never understand Skyy out wide with Rice in the slot when they are on the field together.

Also, his burst and get off is elite. He is the perfect receiver for running slants to move the chains, and for drag routes and crossers because he can separate from man coverage quickly.

Until this week, he had only caught like 3 or 4 slants all year, and he had two of the biggest plays on drag route. They work, and I don't know why Reid doesn't see that Rice could eat up defense that way.

But, to the point of Skyy developing, it is Rice's development this year that may be the most condemning thing for Skyy Moore.

Moore may be a fringe NFL player in a less complicated offensive scheme, but in this offense he doesn't look like he belongs in the league. Obviously, the Chiefs and Reid, who clearly knows more about football than anyone on this board, think he is a player, so we will all continue to suffer his suck.
Holy ****ing reerun.

The guy has been as productive as jsut about any rookie WR, and Reid "doesn't know how to use him"?

Straight up, you're a butt****ing moron dude.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:54 PM   #1913
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
But he really wants it to be true, so it must be!
What he does is shift the argument constantly rather than just admit maybe he's wrong.

But he doesn't understand schemes or coverages.

It's like just be a fan and be happy.

If you want to get in the deep end of the pool, do some homework.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:00 PM   #1914
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
Please watch some Tyreek highlights.

I agree that Rice has an elite burst, but Hill did and still does accelerate faster than any player in the NFL, and possibly in the history of the NFL. Tyreek Hill is one of, if not THE twitchiest fast twitch athlete in the world.
NO DOUBT !!
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:04 PM   #1915
MVP

Quote:
Who the hell is pumping Ross’s tires. Jesus. Find me a single post where Ive pumped the dude up. I mentioned his name because I didn't see potential of anyone else to fit an "x/y" mold. Except Ross who I've said from the very beginning was a long shot
What is an "x/y mold", exactly?
Old 11-29-2023, 08:05 PM   #1916
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
It’s like how some bands will literally force themselves into 1960’s studios to rely on their talent to carry them over today’s production resources.

Or maybe I’m looking too far into it.
You are not. There are computer auto tune musicians and then there are "REAL MUSICIANS"! Like stevieray and Meck
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:07 PM   #1917
MVP

I'm re-watching the game, by the way, on NFL Network. they're about to score TD2.

The biggest difference I see is that Mahomes is going through his reads quick and getting the ball out. They're in rhythm. He just made the incredible throw to Kelce. Previous play was a nice gainer to Pacheco in the flat. It's read 1, read 2, Pacheco in the flat.

Make them come up and stop that easy 10. Then bang! Kelce down the seam.

It's the same stuff, they're just doing with much crisper execution.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:07 PM   #1918
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Oh, so now we play this game after listening to months of people ripping into mahomes left and right because of how we interpreted his playcalls and progressions.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:14 PM   #1919
MVP

Quote:
Oh, so now we play this game after listening to months of people ripping into mahomes left and right because of how we interpreted his playcalls and progressions.
Dude, the only game being played here is an argument game you love playing.

I hate to tell you, but other than the flea flicker (which just happened on my screen), nah, it's the usual stuff. Mahomes is much more decisive and willing to dump it to the back in the flat-which is enormously helpful, because it forces the defense to have to cover that, which means they're not as ready to cover deep. And the guys are playing crisp all over the field. Rice and Kelce in particular.

It's great, it's extremely encouraging, but it's not really different. It's the same concepts.

you've just decided it's different, even though you cannot show any proof, and what you do offer as examples aren't different at all than what they usually do.

So no, man.

Did they simplify things? Quite possibly. We have no way of knowing. Declaring it as a fact is dumb. It's the same concepts they've run for years. There's NOTHING you can point to and say-THERE. THAT RIGHT THERE. THAT'S NEW. Unless it's the flea flicker. If you want to hang your hat on that, okay.

Andy called a great three quarters, Mahomes was decisive, the guys did their jobs in a crisp manner with fewer mistakes. Period.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 08:32 PM   #1920
MVP

If only Burnt Fleeced had drafted him
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.