Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:08 PM   #1876
MVP

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...wn/ar-AA1grIIo

I'm really curious if Mike Evans, Devante Adams, Tee Higgins, or Marquise Brown become available but those are probably pipe dreams. A vet WR could really put us over the top in time for the playoffs.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 09-19-2023 at 05:43 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 05:35 PM   #1877
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
This might be the attitude that irritates me the most.

Every game is SO goddamn important. There are only 17, and the idea of just coasting along hoping things work out until Andy takes the leash off is maddening to me.

The difference between HFA and a road game in the AFC is going to be microscopic.

So again, if you're already struggling on offense, why not struggle while getting your most talented players valuable reps?

And hey - maybe when you do that the offense won't struggle.
Or

And hear me out

Andy and his coaches (arguably best staff in nfl) think it’s best to wait to put guys out there until they earn that right by showing they know what they’re doing while out there. Timing offense and all.

I’m sure when he doesn’t, players rely on talent early on and develop bad habits that are counterproductive in the framework of his offense. He’s more comfortable running his offense with guys that can be depended on to be in the right place at the right time. Especially with a QB that has no problem throwing to a point, even when not looking there.

In a month, this WR group will be looked at far differently than they are now.

A lot is going to shake out in that time.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 05:38 PM   #1878
SuperBowl or bust

That said, I can definitely get the frustration.

I’d love nothing more than to watch a game where Ross and Rice line up outside with Toney/Kelce/Skyy/MVS eating up the middle of the field.

Be patient…I think we will see that by November.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:39 PM   #1879
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Or

And hear me out

Andy and his coaches (arguably best staff in nfl) think it’s best to wait to put guys out there until they earn that right by showing they know what they’re doing while out there. Timing offense and all.

I’m sure when he doesn’t, players rely on talent early on and develop bad habits that are counterproductive in the framework of his offense. He’s more comfortable running his offense with guys that can be depended on to be in the right place at the right time. Especially with a QB that has no problem throwing to a point, even when not looking there.

In a month, this WR group will be looked at far differently than they are now.

A lot is going to shake out in that time.
I hope you're right!
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:48 PM   #1880
Cheat Death

I guess the silver lining is Super Bowls and WRs can't ask for much in a 2nd contract when it takes 3 years of their rookie deal to learn the playbook
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:51 PM   #1881
MVP

This Bears game is just what our young WR's need. They need to get their confidence up a bit. They've played tight two weeks in a row. That's why Reid prefers veterans in the early season.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-19-2023, 05:55 PM   #1882
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...wn/ar-AA1grIIo

I'm really curious if Mike Evans, Devante Adams, Tee Higgins, or Marquise Brown become available but those are probably pipe dreams. A vet WR could really put us over the top in time for the playoffs.

Quiet you. There's no universe where we get Davante Adams or Mike Evans or Tee Higgins. And Hollywood is pretty much the opposite of what we actually need.

you're just making it harder for me to be realistic, and I don't appreciate it!
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 06:13 PM   #1883
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
It isn’t irrelevant. You don’t think a safety valve would be hugely valuable to mahomes right now? You can’t have all your guys depend on manufacturing targets for them or be sporadic producers. Having a guy who can take on a big target share would help tremendously

You’re gonna have reps where guys don’t get open. When a lot of your WRs are sporadic producers that’s even more likely to happen. So what’s mahomes’ reaction? Either throw it to kelce in triple coverage or bail.

Juju isn’t impossible to replace but I don’t get the disrespect for his contribution to last years offense
First off - there's no disrespect at all. Juju was a solid professional here. That's not the point. At all. The point is that only someone that is EXACTLY Juju would "fill his role". It's nonsense.

You want a "safety valve"? What you're describing is someone extremely familiar with the offense and all of the sight adjustments both pre and post snap so that you can depend on them to be in the right place at the right time with the correct route spacing. Yeah, that's why MVS and Watson are getting most of the snaps.

Why so many packages? Well, they're breaking the playbook into chunks that the younguns can digest so that in this package, they've got an understanding of all the adjustments that they will have to make on the fly. They get a little more every week and eventually, we should see them as primary receivers.

Last year, Skyy was buried behind 4 veterans. He wasn't getting consistent reps. Understandable, but it seems clear that the plan this year was to get the young guys meaningful reps sooner and more often.It seems like a course correction to me.

You can disagree, but what I'm saying matches what Andy and Veach have said.

Meanwhile, no one guy has to fill the role of a guy that was here for one year. Just as no one guy needed to fill Hill's role. Overall production? Sure. Nuts and bolts specifics? No.

We're already seeing the pecking order shift; James ' snaps down significantly. If that happens again this week, we'll know for sure.

Last edited by Chris Meck; 09-19-2023 at 06:22 PM..
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 06:20 PM   #1884
MVP

But what I really want to see is:

MOAR JUSTYN ROSS, amiright!? Can you dig it?
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 06:26 PM   #1885
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I guess the silver lining is Super Bowls and WRs can't ask for much in a 2nd contract when it takes 3 years of their rookie deal to learn the playbook
Lol no shit.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 06:28 PM   #1886
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
First off - there's no disrespect at all. Juju was a solid professional here. That's not the point. At all. The point is that only someone that is EXACTLY Juju would "fill his role". It's nonsense.

You want a "safety valve"? What you're describing is someone extremely familiar with the offense and all of the sight adjustments both pre and post snap so that you can depend on them to be in the right place at the right time with the correct route spacing. Yeah, that's why MVS and Watson are getting most of the snaps.

Why so many packages? Well, they're breaking the playbook into chunks that the younguns can digest so that in this package, they've got an understanding of all the adjustments that they will have to make on the fly. They get a little more every week and eventually, we should see them as primary receivers.

Last year, Skyy was buried behind 4 veterans. He wasn't getting consistent reps. Understandable, but it seems clear that the plan this year was to get the young guys meaningful reps sooner and more often.It seems like a course correction to me.

Meanwhile, no one guy has to fill the role of a guy that was here for one year. Just as no one guy needed to fill Hill's role. Overall production? Sure. Nuts and bolts specifics? No.

We're already seeing the pecking order shift; James ' snaps down significantly. If that happens again this week, we'll know for sure.

Just one thing: Andy or Veach (can't remember which right now) literally said that Skyy was the replacement for JuJu. I think they said something along the lines of, 'we think that Skyy can do most f the things that JuJu did for us last season . . .' or words to that effect.

And Skyy's average depth of target seems to bear that out (6-9 yds/tgt).

And if we need two guys to replace JuJu, then our guys aren't very good, just saying, JuJu's function in the offense should easily be replaced by one WR.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 06:35 PM   #1887
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Just one thing: Andy or Veach (can't remember which right now) literally said that Skyy was the replacement for JuJu. I think they said something along the lines of, 'we think that Skyy can do most f the things that JuJu did for us last season . . .' or words to that effect.

And Skyy's average depth of target seems to bear that out (6-9 yds/tgt).

And if we need two guys to replace JuJu, then our guys aren't very good, just saying, JuJu's function in the offense should easily be replaced by one WR.
Well, the post I'm referring to is describing something other than running similar routes from the slot.

What he means mostly, is to be the veteran, dependable, knowing where he's supposed to be at all times 'safety valve'.

As a 'slot receiver', Skyy will get whatever targets he gets. He's going to get a lot of snaps, so we'll see.

I don't give a shit if we have four guys with 500 yards in the WR room, fine by me.
Old 09-19-2023, 06:40 PM   #1888
MVP

I might be one of the few, but I'm still pretty high on this WR corps. Still think it will eventually be much better than last year's.

They're working Rice and Ross in slowly. Toney was rusty coming off the injury and has played limited snaps. MVS, Moore and Watson should be more comfortable and better than last year.

There's a reason that Reid kept 7 for the first time ever. To say that they're all mediocre or shitty is basically saying that he's an idiot.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-19-2023, 07:02 PM   #1889
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post

If you think Mvs is a safety valve then you’re definitely not understanding my point. No a safety valve doesn’t have to be juju. Ideally he’d be more of a primary option which in itself is a safety valve. But at the bare minimum you want a guy mahomes can rely on many times a game. I get Mvs’ role but the dude disappears for long stretches of the game.

Juju had 8+ targets in 8 of his starts last year. I don’t see skyy/Watson or especially Mvs doing that. That doesn’t mean they’re bad. They’re just sporadic producers. Especially with a raw WR room you’ll have lots of spots where mahomes wont like what he sees. And that’s where a primary target comes in real handy. But even better if you also had a bailout guy where mahomes can throw it up for his WR to go get it which is the exciting potential rashee brings.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 07:05 PM   #1890
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Holy crud. no MVS isn't the 'safety valve.' he doesn't even know where the sticks are, fcs.