Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-27-2017, 08:06 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread

My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #1861
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAChief View Post
He definitely worries me more than anyone else on our team regarding what we can expect from him offensively. I would be more worried if he was our 3B option. If we do miraculously get Machado, he goes to SS and Gyorko should play 3B with DeJong our sub at all three positions.
He swings at the unhittable outside pitch like it's a cut center fastball. If he doesn't fix that, he's going to be in the minors faster than Diaz.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #1862
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I think DeJong and Grichuk are comparable. Both showed tremendous power with swing and Miss tendencies; both outplayed their profiles.

I will say, a guy with a 24 percent line drive rate like DeJong recorded in 2017 would logically generate a Babip 110-120 points higher than that LD rate, so a .349 BABiP actually is not crazy.

Question becomes: Can he maintain that LD rate? The rates he showed in 2017 were the highest of his career. If he settles back into a 18-20 LD rate, that BaBIP will normalize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #1863
Comfortably Numb

I know they are going to f us with Longoria because they can't do what they really need so it will look like they are getting an upgrade when in reality they are buying the past (see Tino Martinez).

If somehow a miracle occurs and you can actually get Machado in a trade, would 400 million over 10 years with an opt out at age 30 satisfy his interest? (Front load it for 42 million/per year the first five years)
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-19-2017, 12:59 PM   #1864
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
I know they are going to f us with Longoria because they can't do what they really need so it will look like they are getting an upgrade when in reality they are buying the past (see Tino Martinez).

If somehow a miracle occurs and you can actually get Machado in a trade, would 400 million over 10 years with an opt out at age 30 satisfy his interest? (Front load it for 42 million/per year the first five years)

Not just about money for Machado, IMO.

I think 400 million-ish is the right price point for him, but all the buzz is that he wants to be in NY after his FA shakes out, and they want him there.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #1865
The Insider

Quote:
That said, I would love to have a defensive wizard there who could get on base at the bottom of or our order with Wong and really help solidify our up the middle defense (something that is way undervalued now).
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:22 PM   #1866
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
He also meant to include, "whose bat profiles above the Gulf Coast League."
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:24 PM   #1867
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Show me who is available who put up better numbers or isn’t a one year rental.

Your Pham hate is duly noted, it’s just not supported by the numbers. He may not reproduce those numbers from last year. He could also improve them.
I have him as a .270 20 homer kind of guy. Last year was a fluke. Not 3 apot material in today's baseball.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:26 PM   #1868
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post

I'm usually positive in this thread, so I dont give the love to Gyrko. Don't we all have players we dont like that most others love?
Yup
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:26 PM   #1869
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Jesus, if we wanted somebody to hit .165 we could just bring Mejia up.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:27 PM   #1870
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
He also meant to include, "whose bat profiles above the Gulf Coast League."
And who's glove is ACTUALLY good instead of just FORMALLY good.

Escobar isn't a major league starter at all these days.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:28 PM   #1871
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
I have him as a .270 20 homer kind of guy. Last year was a fluke. Not 3 apot material in today's baseball.
Is it a dartboard thing for you? Do you just blindly throw a dart at the roster and whoever it lands on is who you're going to hate?
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:29 PM   #1872
Consuming CP souls

Oh, i also agree DeJong is gonna take a nice step back as well. This team has work to do.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:29 PM   #1873
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
Is it a dartboard thing for you? Do you just blindly throw a dart at the roster and whoever it lands on is who you're going to hate?
You realize i have been spot on every guy i target, right? He's a fine option in the 6 spot.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #1874
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
I wouldn't be upset with .270 as long as he's still getting on base at a high rate and his history there only shows progression. I'm not expecting a .934 OPS our of him, but I don't think a .870-.890 range is out of the question factoring a drop in BA. At that point anywhere between 1-3 in the lineup isn't a drag. I would prefer he lead off, but apparently Carp and Fowler have it in their heads they can't hit anywhere else.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-19-2017, 02:02 PM   #1875
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
I wouldn't be upset with .270 as long as he's still getting on base at a high rate and his history there only shows progression. I'm not expecting a .934 OPS our of him, but I don't think a .870-.890 range is out of the question factoring a drop in BA. At that point anywhere between 1-3 in the lineup isn't a drag. I would prefer he lead off, but apparently Carp and Fowler have it in their heads they can't hit anywhere else.
Fowler's hit extremely well in the 3 hole and his bat profiles nicely there, especially as a switch hitter. Carpenter in the leadoff spot is the only place where we may actually get plus value out of him given the fact that he can't play defense or run the bases.

Besides, we only have 3 lefties (including Fowler) so if you put Pham at leadoff, you're pretty much stuck going back to back at some point with Fowler/Carpenter and that seems like a bad idea.

Carpenter - Pham - Fowler - Ozuna goes LRLR at the top of the order with alternating OBP/Power strengths and Pham's speed ahead of a couple of guys that can score him from 1st on a double. Given the present roster, that's an easy call for 1-4.

Carpenter - Pham - Fowler - Ozuna - Gyorko - DeJong - Wong - Molina -P would be how I'd ultimately round out the present roster. Molina's such a damn clog out there that you don't want him higher in the order and DeJong can't move any further back in the order because he'll get more and more slop back there and given his shit discipline, he'll swing at it. He needs some protection on either side of him to get him pitches to hit. By the same token you can't put him any higher because he makes too many outs.

I could actually be convinced to flip Wong and Gyorko pretty easily as well. If I knew what I'd get out of Wong, I'd probably prefer it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.