Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:24 PM   #1846
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
So as I've said, this all comes down to a complete lack of trust in the process with Andy, despite the results form the last 5 years.

And you also won't even accept that Veach himself has said the plan is to ease them into starting roles.

That's a you problem.

And trust me, DJ might not fully agree with Andy's processes, but he has faith/trust in them.
We've not been in this position in the WR room in the last 5 years, how the hell are you going to talk about results? Rice is the first guy since Tyreek we've drafted that has the talent to be playing full time on Day One. And Reek was raw AF and we didn't spend the capital on him we spent on Rice.

If you wanna talk results, let's talk about how he lets young, talented players at every other position on the roster play from DAY ONE and how THAT has worked out for us?

Hint: It worked out, maybe we should try that at WR.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:24 PM   #1847
In Search of a Life

I mean...yeah, it's not good enough. Thankfully it doesn't have to be good enough right now, they've got plenty of season to make it good enough.

Andy has always put up good offenses. I don't see why this season won't end up being different.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:28 PM   #1848
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I mean...yeah, it's not good enough. Thankfully it doesn't have to be good enough right now, they've got plenty of season to make it good enough.

Andy has always put up good offenses. I don't see why this season won't end up being different.
This might be the attitude that irritates me the most.

Every game is SO goddamn important. There are only 17, and the idea of just coasting along hoping things work out until Andy takes the leash off is maddening to me.

The difference between HFA and a road game in the AFC is going to be microscopic.

So again, if you're already struggling on offense, why not struggle while getting your most talented players valuable reps?

And hey - maybe when you do that the offense won't struggle.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 02:31 PM   #1849
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post

Every game is SO goddamn important. There are only 17, and the idea of just coasting along hoping things work out until Andy takes the leash off is maddening to me.

The difference between HFA and a road game in the AFC is going to be microscopic.

So again, if you're already struggling on offense, why not struggle while getting your most talented players valuable reps?

Especially in the AFC where the difference in the 1 seed and the 6 or 7 seed isn't going to be very big.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:32 PM   #1850
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Yeah, that's a you problem.

Belicheck, Andy, insert coach have always talked about it being a marathon, not a sprint. Similar to last year, with the defense etc, you wanna be peaking when you get to December and January.

The Chiefs need to win games now for sure. But we do this every year in regards to "the AFC or the division or whatever" and think it's this behemoth and then we get to the end and.....there stands the Chiefs.

Sorry.....but I'm gonna side with the HOF coach in regards with how to get his offense where he wants it to be.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:34 PM   #1851
pie is never free

Quote:
We've not been in this position in the WR room in the last 5 years, how the hell are you going to talk about results? Rice is the first guy since Tyreek we've drafted that has the talent to be playing full time on Day One. And Reek was raw AF and we didn't spend the capital on him we spent on Rice.

If you wanna talk results, let's talk about how he lets young, talented players at every other position on the roster play from DAY ONE and how THAT has worked out for us?

Hint: It worked out, maybe we should try that at WR.
Man I certainly would like to see much more of Rice and Ross, obviously Toney too if he could stop getting dinged up

And maybe you'll see it as a copout, but I simply feel Reid has earned our trust many times over on these matters, and I'm willing to let his process play out

Thats my two bits anyway... *fades into the background*
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 02:39 PM   #1852
MVP

Then fine, it's a me problem.

And honestly, it's not even worth explaining because of how it will get taken, misread and regurgitated.

You and I can have that conversation over a glass of bourbon.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:41 PM   #1853
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
Man I certainly would like to see much more of Rice and Ross, obviously Toney too if he could stop getting dinged up

And maybe you'll see it as a copout, but I simply feel Reid has earned our trust many times over on these matters, and I'm willing to let his process play out

Thats my two bits anyway... *fades into the background*
Which matters?

Playing young talented players early on at every position *but* WR?

Or holding talented WR's back because of trust issues?

*this is the first time the 2nd one has happened.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:43 PM   #1854
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Wait a couple more weeks, reevaluate around Week 5. See who gets more snaps and who gets less.

Wait another 4 weeks, and evaluate again around Week 9. Hopefully we see some positive trends for one or two of these guys.

By Week 12, the WR hierarchy should be kind of set, with at least one of them showing out on a regular basis.

By then, we ought to be able to say with some certainty, "this guy is going to be a solid WR in the offense," or not, right down the list.

If not, well, then we'll see exactly how good Andy and Spags really are, I guess.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:45 PM   #1855
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:

The Bengals have a 5% of the 1 seed at this point, Chargers 0-2 with both AFC losses, Bills have Josh Allen who will turn it over and we just beat the Jags.

The 1 seed will come down to our games vs the Dolphins, Bills and Bengals.

Our next 2 weeks are agains the Jets and Bears. If we can't beat them while working through this then we aren't who we thought we were.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 02:46 PM   #1856
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Then fine, it's a me problem.

And honestly, it's not even worth explaining because of how it will get taken, misread and regurgitated.

You and I can have that conversation over a glass of bourbon.
Sounds good dude.

I wish he would play them more early. If we're gonna "draft and develop" they need to be on the field.

But I would assume as we go, they will be. If they aren't, then yeah, it's an issue.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 02:48 PM   #1857
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Wait a couple more weeks, reevaluate around Week 5. See who gets more snaps and who gets less.
Context is going to matter, too.

Rice got 20 snaps W1 because Kelce was out and they were easing KT back in.

His snaps were effectively cut in half in W2 because Kelce and KT were back.

KT's snaps are only going to go up - so my concern is that the only way Rice's snaps increase is with another injury. It's the only reason Moore's increased last year - Hardman getting hurt.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:49 PM   #1858
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
The Bengals have a 5% of the 1 seed at this point, Chargers 0-2 with both AFC losses, Bills have Josh Allen who will turn it over and we just beat the Jags.

The 1 seed will come down to our games vs the Dolphins, Bills and Bengals.

Our next 2 weeks are agains the Jets and Bears. If we can't beat them while working through this then we aren't who we thought we were.
I think it inevitably ends up being the Ravens who end up giving us the run for the #1 seed.

The North looks like it's not what everyone thought it would be to me. Chubb hurts the Browns and Watson isn't good. That whole thing is a big bag of meh. Pitt doesn't have a QB worth a shit and the Bengals are leaking oil.

The east will canibalize itself.

The Chiefs just need to get to 13 or 14 wins and I'd imagine they've got the 1 seed by a game or 2. Hell I could see 12 being the 1 seed.
Old 09-19-2023, 02:50 PM   #1859
pie is never free

Quote:
Which matters?

Playing young talented players early on at every position *but* WR?

Or holding talented WR's back because of trust issues?

*this is the first time the 2nd one has happened.
I'm not looking to get heated bro, theres already enough of that in this thread

For whatever reason thats just how Reid approaches that position, and I've come to trust him, basically, implicitly... but I'm not trying to stifle dissension from those of you who feel differently

But let me say this in closing... by week 8 I bet most, and quite possibly all, of your concerns will be a distant memory
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 02:51 PM   #1860
In Search of a Life

Once (hopefully) Toney is back full go along with Kelce, I don't think we will see much for Ross other than special packages, unless he makes some plays.

Toney/Moore/Rice/MVS/Watson would be the group I'd like to see get the most snaps