Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2022, 10:34 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins

Will update OP with more info.

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:00 AM   #166
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
This sucks so bad. You could have 10 high #1 draft picks and easily not hit on a HOF-level talent like Hill. Yeah he's 28 but the dude is a solid ball of muscle and not injury prone. He's easily got 4 more good years. This is less than we got for Jared Allen.

You have to hope the Chiefs know something we don't. Or that Mahomes was good with this on some level. Good teams don't trade away HOF players in their prime. It's just weird.
2018 Raiders say hi.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:00 AM   #167
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
You just aren't going to find another talent like Hill. That's why it sucks. It's not going to happen. But it's the name of the game... we've been going all out to win the last couple years and other teams will have more cap space and be able to go wild. And when you're successful some guys are going think they've got their ring and go get as much money as humanly possible.

The only way to kind of stop this is do what Polian did with the Colts, pay Manning, James, Harrison, etc. and then literally don't do anything major in FA and build everything through the draft.
Exactly. Hill is irreplaceable and you keep the trio going. Just ****ing absolutely mind blowing dumb.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:00 AM   #168
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post
Anyone else more upset at Hill than the Chiefs?

I have no problem wanting to get paid but the lack of loyalty after all him and this franchise has been through is astonishing.

I'm really glad I don't have a 10 jersey. It'd be hard to look at right now.
More upset? I don't know.

The package of picks they got back is awful. Don't like it at all.

But Hill's contract with the Dolphins is RIDICULOUS. And then you add the fact that the Chiefs nurtured him like you mention and well, yeah, I don't like his side of it either.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #169
Most Valuable Villain

The Chiefs weren’t getting multiple first round picks for Hill. Not with him wanting a deal to make him the highest paid WR.

And we weren’t trading with the Jets if Hill didn’t want to go there.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #170
You Sweetie!

can someone create our draft picks/order in its entirety (as it stands RN?)
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #171
sorta mod-ish

Logging on my phone at work to say **** this. Don't tell my boss, lol.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #172
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I don’t think the Jets offer was going to happen. I’m fine with the trade. Just use those picks and the newly gained cap space to build a defense.
It's the 4ths that bug me.

29 and 50 isn't a bad start, but for YEARS this board has justified bad decisions with these late 1st round picks as 'its virtually a 2nd anyway' and now we're supposed to pretend like it has the value that the Raiders pick had that they shipped to GB?

If 29 is the 'top' asset, there needs to be more ancillary pieces to justify it. And friggen 4th round picks ain't that.

You use 4th rounders to move up 6 spots in the 2nd. You don't use them to put a deal over the top for a HoF ****ing pass catcher.

That needed to be, at WORST, a 2 next year and honestly I'd have given up a 3 or something this season to see that be one of their 1sts next year.

It's just bad return. You can't get less than the Packers got for Adams and somehow we did.

Veach blinked. Wouldn't be the first time.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #173
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
He got almost $75M guaranteed from the Dolphins.
Yeah. 4 years 120 mill. I wanted more but that’s a lot of picks we got.
That’s a ton of money.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #174
New and Improved

The more I think about this the better it looks.

Keeping Hill would have screwed our cap for a few years. Now we're in a lot better shape cap wise.
And 6 picks? That's a haul. Sure, the team will look different but overall I think it will make the Chiefs a better team. That is as long as they don't wiff on all the picks they have.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #175
Most Valuable Villain

The Chiefs weren’t getting multiple first round picks for Hill. Not with him wanting a deal to make him the highest paid WR.

And we weren’t trading with the Jets if Hill didn’t want to go there.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #176
offense > defense

1) I'll miss Tyreek.
2) We're worse off today than yesterday, but the way people act as if the season starts tomorrow is so comical. Chiefs are NOT done making big moves.
3) We didn't choose Miami or "do right" by Hill ... if Hill wouldn't sign an extension with the Jets, THERE IS NO DEAL. They could offer their entire draft and it wouldn't matter.
4) Kinda like point 2 really, but people need to factor cap here. Not paying a WR THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR is a big ****ing net positive.
CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #177
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post
Anyone else more upset at Hill than the Chiefs?

I have no problem wanting to get paid but the lack of loyalty after all him and this franchise has been through is astonishing.

I'm really glad I don't have a 10 jersey. It'd be hard to look at right now.

Why be mad at Hill for getting paid
CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #178
It's just a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shields68 View Post
Yeah trading Hill is not good. But you also need to factor in that Hill was not signing here for what we could pay him. We could not make the cap numbers work for a 25 million a year contract. The only way this works out is we use the 21 million we cleared for signing Hill productively and bring in one or two guys that improves our team and then hit with the picks.
you're not wrong. there is opportunity cost in cap space that you end up regaining by moving hill but it really depends on what veach actually does with the left over cap. still... the ****ing return is just so shit to me. like we are talking about one of - if not the best wrs in the game right now and the highest pick we got was ****ing number 29?

god damn man. makes me so bitter lol.
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:02 AM   #179
Going home eventually

This will make Mahomes a better QB. It will force him to be more efficient.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:02 AM   #180
Veteran

So sad. Tyreek is one of my all-time favorite chiefs
louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.