Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2021, 05:37 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones

Quote:
A hamstring injury limited Jones to just nine games last season, though he still put up strong numbers when he was on the field. He caught 51 passes for 771 yards and three scores as the Falcons finished the year 4-12. From 2014-19, Jones missed only four games and averaged 104 catches and 1,564 yards per season. SI Link.

From Peter King:
Quote:
Surprises? Keep an eye on Atlanta. I can’t predict any bombshells. But a few things would not surprise me. Most notably, the Falcons putting the framework of a trade together for star wideout Julio Jones, and making the trade effective June 2. That way, Atlanta could split Jones’ cap charge between 2021 and 2022 instead of getting bashed with it all this year. So if such a trade happens, I expect it could involve a future pick or picks, nothing this year. (A future second-round pick as compensation seems fair to me.) Because such a trade wouldn’t be official till June, no picks in this draft could be involved. As for the interested team or teams, I would guess Las Vegas; Jon Gruden couldn’t resist Antonio Brown, and I doubt he could resist Julio Jones. New England too, and a couple of teams with clear receiver needs—Tennessee and Baltimore.

Now, the Falcons don’t really want to trade Julio Jones. He’s a franchise legend. But he’s 32, entering his 11th season, coming off a banged-up year with seven games missed due to injury, and the Falcons are in cap jail. If they could off-load his money and cushion it by splitting it between this year ($7.75 million) and next ($15.5 million), Atlanta’s cap charge on Jones this year goes down by a tad more than $15 million.

One final note here, to be very clear: I am not reporting the Falcons will trade Jones, or will probably trade Jones. I am saying it would not surprise me if it happened.

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2021 at 12:24 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:22 PM   #166
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
Chiefs need to be a bit more scrupulous with their picks...trading a 2nd rounder for a 32 year old WR probably isnt the best strategy.

I've heard AB might be on KC's radar...and he wouldn't cost draft capital. Watkins didnt cost them picks...

If he were released...go for it.
If who was released?

The Falcons aren't releasing Julio Jones and taking a $40 million dollar cap hit this year.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:27 PM   #167
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
If Jones is as amazing as you say at this point in his career, n00b, why is Atlanta so eager to get his $40 million guaranteed off the books?

The Chiefs don't need Jones and I can't see any possibility of them giving up more draft picks and taking on $40 million guaranteed for a 32 year old WR who's on the downside of his career.

They had the best team in the NFL last year before losing Fisher in the AFC Championship game with a broke dick Sammy Watkins, an ineffective Demarcus Robinson and a rookie running back that was unable to score at the goal line.

There is absolutely no reason for them to make such an illogical move.
Atlanta isn't eager to get rid of Jones. As of now they can't even sign their draft class. They are in cap hell.

Maybe you missed the very subtle message of my previous post. Several of the all time greats had some of their most productive careers well into their 30s. Their is zero evidence to indicate Jones doesn't have two or three high level years left.

The AFC last year outside of Kansas City was dogshit. We had to go through the Browns and Bills to make the Super Bowl for crying out loud. Thank God Veach doesn't think like you.

If Julio Jones still has 2-3 high level years left Hill/Jones/Kelce would be the best trio of pass catchers to ever exist. Why the hell not try to rattle off two or three Super Bowls in a row?
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:28 PM   #168
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
Maybe you missed the very subtle message of my previous post. Several of the all time greats had some of their most productive careers well into their 30s. Their is zero evidence to indicate Jones doesn't have two or three high level years left.
Not guys with hamstring injuries.

There are $40 million reasons (and valuable resources in draft picks) not to do a deal for 32 year old receiver on the downside of his career for a team that was a left tackle away from a second consecutive Super Bowl win.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:32 PM   #169
In Search of a Life

Quote:
For the record, I was being facetious.

The Falcons, for all of their faults, provided Jones with a very good QB, good receivers opposite him and Tony Gonzalez for a few years.

No player is guaranteed a ring. Jones has had a great career but there's no doubt that he's on the downside at age 32, which is completely and totally normal.
Yeah. I’d take him for a 4th and a new, smaller deal and neither of those are happening so, it’s a pass for me.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:32 PM   #170
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
How many hamstring injuries did Randy Moss have? How about Jerry Rice or Terrell Owens? How many foot and toe surgeries did they have?

Because Jones has injured his hamstring in at least 6 different seasons and has missed games in separate seasons due to toe and or foot issues 4 times.

No clue. Dont care. Go study their injury history if you want. Im sure they all dealt with their fair share of injuries. Proof is in the pudding. Julio Jones has already had a HOF career and he's only 32 years old.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:33 PM   #171
Veteran

Quote:
Not guys with hamstring injuries.

There are $40 million reasons (and valuable resources in draft picks) not to do a deal for 32 year old receiver on the downside of his career for a team that was a left tackle away from a second consecutive Super Bowl win.
Again stop with the "downside of career" bullcrap! You have zero idea if that is true or not.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:34 PM   #172
MVP

Quote:
If who was released?

The Falcons aren't releasing Julio Jones and taking a $40 million dollar cap hit this year.
I havent been following the NFL much...if they are trying to offload his contract and get picks...no thanks.

Take a flier on Brown...if he's a problem, you dump him. It's what they just did on Callaway...

KC made the SB without Watkins...so WR is a need but really more for depth/insurance.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:34 PM   #173
Supporter

Quote:
Again stop with the "downside of career" bullcrap! You have zero idea if that is true or not.
Shut the **** up, n00b
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:37 PM   #174
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
I havent been following the NFL much...if they are trying to offload his contract and get picks...no thanks.

Take a flier on Brown...if he's a problem, you dump him. It's what they just did on Callaway...

KC made the SB without Watkins...so WR is a need but really more for depth/insurance.
I've said this in other threads but if Calloway wants to play football this year seriously, he'd be a fantastic #2 or #3. He's quick but has great, strong hands. He had like 689 yards and 6 TD's his rookie season but the combination of immaturity and regime changes have stifled his career.

While I fully expect the Chiefs to take a WR with one of their second round picks, if Calloway steps up, the WR room is going to be loaded.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:37 PM   #175
Veteran

Quote:
Shut the **** up, n00b
Suck a D. Little bitch!
Old 04-26-2021, 09:40 PM   #176
What's up braj?

Did we trade for this piece of shit yet
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:50 PM   #177
MVP

Quote:
I've said this in other threads but if Calloway wants to play football this year seriously, he'd be a fantastic #2 or #3. He's quick but has great, strong hands. He had like 689 yards and 6 TD's his rookie season but the combination of immaturity and regime changes have stifled his career.

While I fully expect the Chiefs to take a WR with one of their second round picks, if Calloway steps up, the WR room is going to be loaded.
Yeah..I agree.

If he's gets head together...he could be a good get. He has the potential to be better than anyone they could get in the late 2nd.

I remember him being compared to Percy Harvin when he was drafted...Dorsey was trying to find his next talented problem child that dropped in the draft...he was a 1st round talent with baggage. He flamed out..but if he cant get his shit together with Reid/Mahomes on a SB roster..there is no hope for him.

Veach brought him up in his presser...I think a lot of people forgot KC signed him to a futures contract. I guarantee you he knew about him in college...he was a scout back then.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:51 PM   #178
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
32 years old production going down along with injuries is definition of downside
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:01 PM   #179
MVP

Quote:
I think of it more as being not a great deal for KC...expensive and having to give up picks. I dont think they need him...could they use him...yes...everyone could.

Chiefs have to start building up the cheap side of their roster...
Old 04-26-2021, 10:02 PM   #180
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
(This would have been ****ing amazing to do in 2018)
Yep

JJ was special but its such a risk now. I have confidence Veach can find us a younger guy in free agency and the draft to replace Sammy. This being said if Brett and Andy sign off on it then go for it. They have been right more than wrong.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote