Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-08-2005, 07:24 AM  
CHANGEd your mind yet????

25 Years: we miss you, John

I can't believe it's been 25 years since John Lennon was murdered. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I think it was my generation's 'Kennedy' moment. I couldn't listen to his song 'Happy Christmas' for many years without breaking into tears...

Makes you wonder what kind of impact he would have had on music and on his world...

to his life!
memyselfI has disabled reputation
Old 12-08-2005, 05:46 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorMikH
How can one discuss the music of Lennon without discussing politics? After all, a lot of his songs had to do with politics.

Let's just discuss the music. "OK now, what did you all think of that second eighth note in the 17th measure? I thouht it was a bit much, a rest would have fit a lot better in that stanza." I don't think so.
You can talk about his activism without getting into a debate about whether he was right or wrong.

He was an activist and a humanitarian. I happen to believe he was a good one but NOT the best one amongst the Beatles. I think that would have been George Harrison who advocated not only peace but spirituality. Paul McCartney also became an activist vegetarian. Lennon got alot of play about his activism because he sang about...Harrison lived it.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:18 PM   #167
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
Actually I would disagree, I know of a person who chose his career after seeing the Sistene Chapel. He was so awed by it that he was inspired to become an artist. I could name other examples but I think you get the point. It may not be true for you in particular but to assume it is not true for society as a whole is a flawed presumption.
I meant it for me. Unlike some here, I wouldn't presume to speak for others.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:20 PM   #168
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
You are indeed rare then.
One of a kind.

In all seriousness, sure, music was played at my wedding. I couldn't tell you what, however. I was there to get hitched, not to listen to music.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:21 PM   #169
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefs4me
I have told you No a thousand times......
I was referring to Yoko being a waste of space. Hence, the Asian version of you.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:22 PM   #170
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe
Should we hold his music in lower esteem because of it? Is so, then we should start doing it for everyone.

Of course, pretty soon there would be no one left to look up to. EVERYBODY has skeletons in their closet.
Not at all. He was a great musician, but he was not the saint that his premature death has lead some people to believe that he was.

In fact, my father responded to my question of what he was like with two words: selfish a$$hole.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:27 PM   #171
Will KC ever be better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfI
You can talk about his activism without getting into a debate about whether he was right or wrong.

Soooo, we can talk about him as an activist as long as it's confined to non-political agendas.

Ahh, OK, Got it.

I'd rather just say that if it hadn't been for Yoko Ono, they could have stayed together playing music a lot longer. Thank you Yoko Ono.
PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:27 PM   #172

Wow, interesting thread.

I hadn't realized his death was 25 years ago this week until the other day. Just last weekend I bought "Working Class Hero", essentially a 2 CD greatest hits collection... it was on sale at Circuit City and I thought what the hey. I guess it was good timing on my part. I'm not really a huge huge Lennon fan, but I like expanding my music collection... and when he was at his best, he was very good. The remastering job on the CD's is outstanding too, I was impressed... it sounds like he walked into the studio and recorded some of those songs last week.

That said, just because one person isn't influenced by music doesn't mean others can't be. I'm not sure how much I'm influenced by music, although I can play a little guitar and would love to be able to play a keyboard, so music has influenced me there. Other than that though, I don't consider music influential, but more like therapy in a way. With good music, you can get inside of it and be moved emotionally one way or another. It's more complimentary than influential. But that's me. I'm not going to question you if you don't like music or if you're more influenced by music than I am, so don't question me or act incredulous when I say a piece of music can be important to me. That really, really ticks me off when people do that. We all have vices, some people choose drugs or alcohol, I choose music, that's life.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:38 PM
ENDelt260
This message has been deleted by ENDelt260.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:08 PM   #173
Screw U if U can't take a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorMikH
How can one discuss the music of Lennon without discussing politics? After all, a lot of his songs had to do with politics.

Let's just discuss the music. "OK now, what did you all think of that second eighth note in the 17th measure? I thouht it was a bit much, a rest would have fit a lot better in that stanza." I don't think so.
Wow I actually disagree with you about something, that almost never occurs. There are a lot of musicians I could, would and have talked about that I would never mention politics, but I know they were activists on one issue or another. Dylan (don't like his music), Hendrix (what a guitarist), anyway I just don't follow the logic.
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:20 PM   #174
'Tis my eye!

It's obvious that Donger is a robot.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:25 PM   #175
Screw U if U can't take a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe
It's obvious that Donger is a robot.
Not quite as funny the second time, but still not bad.
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:27 PM   #176
Reap the whirlwind

Lennon put his political views in the forefront of his life, seems very resonable to talk about both.
Duck Dog is not part of the Right 53.Duck Dog is not part of the Right 53.Duck Dog is not part of the Right 53.Duck Dog is not part of the Right 53.Duck Dog is not part of the Right 53.Duck Dog is not part of the Right 53.Duck Dog is not part of the Right 53.Duck Dog is not part of the Right 53.Duck Dog is not part of the Right 53.Duck Dog is not part of the Right 53.Duck Dog is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:13 PM   #177
Immanentize The Eschaton

I killed Lennon because that asshole owed me five bucks. Yoko coughed it up after that. Damn hippies.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:14 PM   #178
Starter

Do you post your comments from a computer [that you shouldn't have access to] in a mental hospital?
We all know it's George Bush's fault.
Road Hog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRoad Hog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRoad Hog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRoad Hog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRoad Hog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRoad Hog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRoad Hog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRoad Hog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRoad Hog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRoad Hog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutRoad Hog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 12-08-2005, 09:42 PM   #179

Scarborough has the doctor who operated on him the night he died...

heartbreaking.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:16 PM   #180
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
John Lennon died?
Not soon enough for the sake of music and the general IQ of an entire generation.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.