Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: How far can you throw a football?
15 yards I'm a girl 6 5.61%
20 yards 2 1.87%
25 yards 1 0.93%
30 yards 19 17.76%
35 yards 12 11.21%
40 yards 25 23.36%
45 yards 5 4.67%
50 yards 14 13.08%
55+ 23 21.50%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2009, 03:35 PM  
I'll be back.

How far can you throw a football?

The other thread got me thinking about this. A few months ago I went out to the local HS football field to see how far I could throw a football. I have well-muscled shoulders but I couldn't get it over 30 yards.

Are NFL quarterbacks just born with the ability to throw a ball 50-60 yards (this is about as far as I remember anyone on the NFL quarterback challenge throwing a football), or do I just have shitty mechanics or something?

How far can you throw a football?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #166
Homer go crazy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
I'm not sure I can throw 55+ and I have a better than average arm. I've thrown from sideline to sideline on a high school field many times for which many on this site can verify. I don't even know how far that is though.
It is my understand that the width of a football field is 50 yards, but I, too, am not really sure.
greg63 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelligreg63 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelligreg63 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelligreg63 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelligreg63 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelligreg63 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelligreg63 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelligreg63 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelligreg63 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelligreg63 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelligreg63 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-29-2009, 12:09 AM   #167
Veteran

Quote:
You know what they say about people with small hands?
Blame mom?
ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:11 AM   #168
Supporter

Quote:
You know what they say about people with small hands?
No
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:19 AM   #169
Phobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Param View Post
Why? I can throw over 50 yards. I use to be in thel mid 60's. I personally believe it's one of those if you're born with it if u can chuck it far. A lot of people have bad mechanics and just the inability to throw it for distance.
I don't doubt you can throw it 50. I'm talking about all the Chuck Norrises who can chuck it 55+.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:19 AM   #170
Veteran

Most people throw a footballl worth a damn in regrds to distance
Param is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutParam is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutParam is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutParam is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutParam is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutParam is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutParam is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutParam is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutParam is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutParam is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutParam is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 08-29-2009, 12:19 AM   #171
Phobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
No
Small hands, good strummers.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:26 AM   #172
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Param View Post
Most people throw a footballl worth a damn in regrds to distance

I dont think you threw a football 60+ yards...... now what do we do?
ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ArrowheadMagic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #173
Starter

Lie. Its CP.
UsualSuspects is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.UsualSuspects is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:34 AM   #174
Please speak your mind

Testosterone and prevarications: the ChiefsPlanet Way!
Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.Slainte would the whole thing.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:34 AM   #175
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Quote:
I'm not sure I can throw 55+ and I have a better than average arm. I've thrown from sideline to sideline on a high school field many times for which many on this site can verify. I don't even know how far that is though.
Most fields are about 160ft or 53ish yards across(that we play on), so yes I am positive you can throw it 6 more ft at least once, **** you over throw me all the time when I go deep..

But I believe a few people on here can throw it at least 60yards.. Me, my accuracy sucks that far and you guys are more consistent QB's on deep passes..

Last edited by Valiant; 08-29-2009 at 12:46 AM..
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:40 AM   #176
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Quote:
I don't doubt you can throw it 50. I'm talking about all the Chuck Norrises who can chuck it 55+.
I don't think anyone is claiming to throw it 80 yards.. The problem is the way the poll is listed ending at 55+..

Hell you have thrown from sideline to sideline and Roger can throw it further then that.. I would say most active people peek around the 60's, from what I have seen playing flag and tackle..
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:47 AM   #177
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
I don't think anyone is claiming to throw it 80 yards.. The problem is the way the poll is listed ending at 55+..

Hell you have thrown from sideline to sideline and Roger can throw it further then that.. I would say most active people peek around the 60's, from what I have seen playing flag and tackle..

Thats a little far...... 60's is pushing elite arm.... speaking from experience..... elite arms arent a dime a dozen...... now.... if you want to say.. they throw really well but no one knows for sure how far or fast hey throw because no one has measured it.... fine..... it tends to be shorter...slower than they thought. I will buy 50.... 60 is too much.... isnt happening.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:00 AM   #178
I'll be back.

Dude have you ever watched the NFL quarterback challenge? There are freaking NFL quarterbacks who top out at 57 or 58 yards.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:02 AM   #179
Don't Be A Dick

Was it michael bishop who could chuck it 80?
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:09 AM   #180
THREEPEAT!!!

I can't throw a football to save my life. 30 yards TOPS with hurricane force winds to my back. Mars, Jupiter, and Alpha Centauri would have to be aligned as well to hit 35.

That is with ZERO accuracy. Its a toss and a prayer.

Now, I have kicked a 42 yard FG that bounced off the crossbar and over. That count for anything?
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.