Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2023, 02:01 PM  
Keep Camp Home!

***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****

The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-02-2023, 11:37 AM   #1726
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerchief View Post
One question I have, and I could have missed reading the answer somewhere? Does Timberlake miss 3's in practice also, or just in the games?
I would assume he makes them in practice but his 3PT shooting isn’t what is keeping him on the bench. That would be his complete inability to guard whatsoever.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-02-2023, 11:38 AM   #1727
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
One question I have, and I could have missed reading the answer somewhere? Does Timberlake miss 3's in practice also, or just in the games?
He was a 40% 3 point shooter each of the last 2 years. I assume he’s having major trouble playing within a real system and adjusting to the speed of real competition.

He was 30% his first few years, which shows he might have needed time to get comfortable at Towson too. Of course, we don’t have 3 years for him to get comfortable.

At this point, we just hope he has an occasional big game.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2023, 11:46 AM   #1728
Field General

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
I would assume he makes them in practice but his 3PT shooting isn’t what is keeping him on the bench. That would be his complete inability to guard whatsoever.
I thought Furphy was the one that was struggling on defense but able to hit some 3's? It looked like his limited time on the floor last night, he was at least trying to play some defense?
farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:17 PM   #1729
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
I thought Furphy was the one that was struggling on defense but able to hit some 3's? It looked like his limited time on the floor last night, he was at least trying to play some defense?
Timberlake is easily the worst defender on the team from what I've seen. Can't move laterally at all. He made another mistake defensively almost immediately last night and he never played again.

Furphy isn't good either yet defensively but he at least has the athleticism and size to suggest he could be fine.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:24 PM   #1730
Would an idiot do that?

Looks like I missed a good one. Also missed TNF and football last night, WTF am I doing with my life.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:32 PM   #1731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Looks like I missed a good one. Also missed TNF and football last night, WTF am I doing with my life.
Bro you better not be putting family ahead of your sports teams.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 12:35 PM   #1732
Perpetual Mediocrity

Just got $25 CAD tickets to see Purdue/Alabama and TCU/Clemson next week. Not a bad deal. Of course, I may have to leave a bit early to watch the full beating KU is gonna put on Mizzou.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:36 PM   #1733

So I listened to the pregame show on the radio with Brian Hanni. He was interviewing Jay Bilas about the teams.

Bilas was salivating (possibly ejaculating) over Clingan and very dismissive of Dickinson (who is obviously the better player).

I think a lot of Bilas’s KU negativity this year is due to Dickinson. We know he’s a lightning rod, and Jay’s disdain for him is pretty obvious.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 12:40 PM   #1734
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
So I listened to the pregame show on the radio with Brian Hanni. He was interviewing Jay Bilas about the teams.

Bilas was salivating (possibly ejaculating) over Clingan and very dismissive of Dickinson (who is obviously the better player).

I think a lot of Bilas’s KU negativity this year is due to Dickinson. We know he’s a lightning rod, and Jay’s disdain for him is pretty obvious.
Clingan is a much better pro prospect given his age, but Dickinson is clearly the better college player right now.

I've also seen Dickinson hit with the criticism of being soft before, but this guy is no Perry Ellis. I thought he was especially impressive defensively yesterday on Clingan and his ability to stretch to the 3PT line offensively was huge (which this team should do more of given how congested it will get with both Dickinson and KJ down low). The fact that his post game was (mostly) shut down in the 2nd half was more to do with how good a defender Clingan is.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:46 PM   #1735

Quote:
Clingan is a much better pro prospect given his age, but Dickinson is clearly the better college player right now.

I've also seen Dickinson hit with the criticism of being soft before, but this guy is no Perry Ellis. I thought he was especially impressive defensively yesterday on Clingan and his ability to stretch to the 3PT line offensively was huge (which this team should do more of given how congested it will get with both Dickinson and KJ down low). The fact that his post game was (mostly) shut down in the 2nd half was more to do with how good a defender Clingan is.
Clingan will be a good pro. No doubt about that.

Bilas should have been able to acknowledge the strengths of both players without diminishing the other. He’s smart enough to know that. He chose otherwise though.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:48 PM   #1736
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Bro you better not be putting family ahead of your sports teams.
I made no effort to watch TNF, but last night would have been perfect with both games on... I'll do better!
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:49 PM   #1737
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Well sure, but if he could hit a high 3 percentage in games, you could at least weigh whether it was worth playing him. Especially if no one else was and you needed to keep the opponent's D from collapsing into the paint or punish them if they did.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:55 PM   #1738
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Well sure, but if he could hit a high 3 percentage in games, you could at least weigh whether it was worth playing him. Especially if no one else was and you needed to keep the opponent's D from collapsing into the paint or punish them if they did.
He played two minutes yesterday and didn't take a shot (and we were struggling for offense almost entire 2nd half). Self just doesn't trust his defense to the point that he's effectively unplayable in a game against an elite team like that.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:58 PM   #1739

Per Mike Vernon, Bill Self is 48-9 in games decided by 5 points or less at AFH.

Shows 1) the magic of the Phog and 2) what a damn good coach Self is. That stat being so slanted shows how he finds ways to win with in game adjustments at key moments.

Do we really have Andy Reid and Bill Self leading our teams? Man, it doesn’t get much better than this.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 01:00 PM   #1740
Dazed and Confused

I thought Furphy played better last night defensively than he did in earlier games. (From what I recollect) But he still needs to continue to improve. Timberlake though still needs a LOT of practice.
PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.