Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2022, 10:34 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins

Will update OP with more info.

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:25 PM   #1711
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Let’s be clear… in order for the Chiefs to “win” this trade, Veach needs to land an instant WR1 in the draft.

If the likes of Miami, Cincinnati and Minnesota can all hit on instant impact WR1’s in recent drafts then there is no excuse for Veach not to aggressively identify/draft a WR1 and for Andy Reid and his coaching staff to ensure the rookie WR has immediate success.

If the idea is to replace Tyreek with a combination of broke dick complimentary (at best) free agent WR’s and then draft Pringle/DRob-level replacements in the middle rounds of the draft… then the trade is a failure.

You don’t waste a season with a 26 year Patrick Mahomes by doing a “reset”, or “step back”… it’s still Super Bowl or bust.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 12:25 PM   #1712
Please squeeze

Don't if this was posted or not but sounds like we were close until the Davante deal.

Quote:
Wednesday’s trade sending wide receiver Tyreek Hill from the Chiefs to the Dolphins had its roots in another recent NFL trade.

Hill’s agent Drew Rosenhaus was on 560 Sports in Miami on Thursday and said that he was working toward a contract extension for Hill in Kansas City when the Packers traded Davante Adams to the Raiders. The Raiders then gave Adams a contract that made him the highest-paid wide receiver in the league.

Rosenhaus said he told the Chiefs “that this should be the market for Tyreek” and that it would be to everyone’s benefit if they traded the wideout if they weren’t willing to make that deal.

“The bottom line is he was in the last year of his contract,” Rosenhaus said. “We had actually worked out a restructure that the Chiefs had wanted a week before, and it really looked like we were going to work toward a contract extension. There was even a report that we were close to a deal, that was inaccurate, but we were working on it. Then the Adams deal really flipped everything upside down. The Chiefs, I think they had the foresight to see that Tyreek was in the last year of his contract and we weren’t going to take a deal that wasn’t better than Adams, so they recognized this would probably be their last year with Tyreek, and this was their opportunity to potentially rebuild at that position.”
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:26 PM   #1713
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Plenty have said exactly that, and every time I suggest it's an idiotic take, I get tons of pushback and passionate anger.
You'd have to show some examples of it, otherwise, most are going to just chalk it up to you being emotional. Like staylor said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Literally nobody is saying that.

When you have an elite HC/QB/GM trio, you have A LOT more room for error though.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:28 PM   #1714

I don't think anyone really knows what Veach will do in this situation. It's partly his own fault because he's traded picks for players, but Veach has only had 1 first round pick in 4 years, and that was pick 32 at the end of the 1st round so that barely counts. The team has been so good he's barely had any top 50 picks even.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:28 PM   #1715
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
guys, we won a SB with a 'stars and scrubs' roster. Then we made one more.

But the lack of quality depth cost us that ring, and now the bill has come due.

No, you're not going to replace Hill with any ONE PLAYER. But other offenses are just as productive with a combination of guys if not more so, and that's what we'll need to do going forward.

This is the Way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
And even when we won that ring, how many of us were loudly advocating for that approach?

Not to bring Dorsey back into this, but what I loved about Dorsey's approach here was that he was a Ron Wolf 'roster layers' guy. He treated the draft as an opportunity to add talent EVERYWHERE and if that meant some of those guys were depth for a year or two - so be it? Depth will win you football games in this league and a lack of it will lose them.

Then for a couple years on Mahomes rookie deal we went away from that approach and just went on the attack for 3 years. But it's not sustainable at all.

So now we're getting back to building through layers. And that's the way you have to do it. And if that works and you get a new 'foundation' in place, you can then take another 2-3 attack years to try to put some top end on those layers.

This just seems like such a no-brainer to me. I just don't see how anyone can think this is the wrong path forward.
Case in point, people get hella mad every time I characterize the franchise in recent years as Entourage, Vinny Mahomes and a bunch of Turtles. But they also get hella mad that I explain myself in detail, because it's all 'babbling.'

And here, Meck and DJ make the EXACT SAME POINT in a more verbose manner, and everyone says, 'huh, makes sense.'
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:30 PM   #1716

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Let’s be clear… in order for the Chiefs to “win” this trade, Veach needs to land an instant WR1 in the draft.

If the likes of Miami, Cincinnati and Minnesota can all hit on instant impact WR1’s in recent drafts then there is no excuse for Veach not to aggressively identify/draft a WR1 and for Andy Reid and his coaching staff to ensure the rookie WR has immediate success.

If the idea is to replace Tyreek with a combination of broke dick complimentary (at best) free agent WR’s and then draft Pringle/DRob-level replacements in the middle rounds of the draft… then the trade is a failure.

You don’t waste a season with a 26 year Patrick Mahomes by doing a “reset”, or “step back”… it’s still Super Bowl or bust.
Two of those guys were top 10 picks though. And even then it's really hard to find a WR who will impact right away, Chase and Jefferson have basically rewritten history with what they've done. I wouldn't hold my breath.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:31 PM   #1717
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:

Keeping Tyreek and his contract would have made things significantly harder. Only 1 draft pick in the top 60, no cap space.

Regardless of Tyreek staying or not we need a replacement for Charvarious Ward, Chris Jones (contract ends after 2023) , Frank Clark and Okafor/Ingram. Dude our DL and corner situations are BAD.

We now have 4 picks in the top 62 and cap space open to solve those problems. This is a very good draft for WR, DL and corner. We have a great opportunity.

It’s up to Veach and the scouts to find the right players
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:32 PM   #1718
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
You'd have to show some examples of it, otherwise, most are going to just chalk it up to you being emotional. Like staylor said...
Catch 22, . . . I devote the time to track down and document everyone who has said it, . . . you shrug and call me obsessed.

And then all I've done is waste my time and given you another reason to do what you want to do all along, deride my positions without rebutting them.

You disagree, that's fine. You assert I'm making shit up or lying, or having an ulterior motive, . . . not as fine.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:32 PM   #1719
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:

So basically, you are on the "Mahomes is only good because of his weapons" train, that everyone outside of KC seems to be on.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:33 PM   #1720
MVP

Quote:

I don't agree. The measure of success does not hinge on adequately replacing hill. The measure is what Veach does with the draft picks acquired. The chiefs should still contend.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:35 PM   #1721
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Catch 22, . . . I devote the time to track down and document everyone who has said it, . . . you shrug and call me obsessed.

And then all I've done is waste my time and given you another reason to do what you want to do all along, deride my positions without rebutting them.

You disagree, that's fine. You assert I'm making shit up or lying, or having an ulterior motive, . . . not as fine.
I'm not the one that said....

Quote:
that Mahomes alone can fix all problems that get thrown at the franchise and Reid and Veach don't make mistakes.
Nobody is saying that. People may be saying that because of those 3 we have a better chance than average, but nobody is saying just BECAUSE of those 3 we will overcome any mistakes.

You are the one who said it, it's not on me to prove it.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:36 PM   #1722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
So basically, you are on the "Mahomes is only good because of his weapons" train, that everyone outside of KC seems to be on.
We are going to lose the ability for Mahomes to run around and have Tyreek use his speed to get open down the field and play streetball, but defenses were basically selling all the way out to stop that already.

The other missing factor here is we have Andy Reid. He's going to get the most out of the guys we do have.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:37 PM   #1723
Andy Reid Supporter

The Chiefs didn’t become the Chiefs under Andy Reid through free agency.

All these guys we talk about. Mahomes, Tyreek, Kelce, Jones. They were all drafted.

That’s how you win in this league. Draft well
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 12:37 PM   #1724
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
The train I am on is great/Tyreek-caliber playmakers gives any QB and team a better chance to have success… seems pretty obvious.

Veach needs to go draft an instant WR1.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:39 PM   #1725
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
How the hell would the Chiefs TRADE him after getting one more year out of him? He only had one year left on his contract. Had they kept him another year, he would have been a free agent and they wouldn't have got shit for him. This was a great move by the Chiefs.
Are you serious? Franchise tag hill next year and then trade him, which is what the packers did with davante Adams. There is No reason to trade hill this year.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.