Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:31 PM   #17101
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
He missed on the biggest issue in 100 years. Sorry, I can't just poo poo that one away and shrug my shoulders.
If only it was that simple. Everyone did. I guess every medical expert in the world sucks. Like it or not he is the best we got.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:39 PM   #17102
Life is changing..

They updated this - Holy smokes things have changed.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:40 PM   #17103
Andy Reid Supporter

“This is going to be our Pearl Harbor moment, our 9/11 moment,” U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams

How bad do we think this week is gonna be?
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:46 PM   #17104
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
He missed on the biggest issue in 100 years. Sorry, I can't just poo poo that one away and shrug my shoulders.

Perhaps publicly but unless he ever came out and said he underestimated it then we would probably never know for sure what his advice might have been behind the scenes. I think he is serving a necessary but impossible role of trying to say things that produce the least amount of reaction while maintaining a steady presence of remaining open to possibilities.

The quotes earlier about the chloroquine treatment that were posted are a perfect example. He basically said nothing when he said it may be effective and it may not and that’s perfectly fine from him I think. He doesn’t say don’t give it because it’s malpractice or the other extreme and say you should absolutely give it. He has to be as measured as possible and avoid definitive statements where possible to avoid unnecessary controversy.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:49 PM   #17105
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
They updated this - Holy smokes things have changed.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
"...assuming full social distancing"

I think we all can agree that that isn't happening and I sure hope those projections are off. Just based off traffic on the roadways here very few people are truly only going out for essentials and when they do they have no regard for social distancing when they're after a specific thing.
KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:53 PM   #17106
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Smitty View Post

I think we all can agree that that isn't happening and I sure hope those projections are off. Just based off traffic on the roadways here very few people are truly only going out for essentials and when they do they have no regard for social distancing when they're after a specific thing.
But the numbers have dropped dramatically.. Like.. A staggering amount. I don't know if I trust this model, but I want to.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:54 PM   #17107
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Why throw in the insult , seems a little childish and probably doesn’t do you any favours trying to convince people to see your point of view.
It's cuz SRVY is a complete jackass and should kill himself.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:56 PM   #17108
The Constitutional Choo choo

So. NY has over 200 deaths per million and California has 4.5 per million.
That. Or AM radio is lying
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:58 PM   #17109
Woman should only make babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Smitty View Post

been saying that from the jump. The economy says different but the eye test people are doing the same shit the always do especially if they didn't have the money to begin with to go to restaurants bars nightclubs concerts bowling etc.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:58 PM   #17110
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Perhaps publicly but unless he ever came out and said he underestimated it then we would probably never know for sure what his advice might have been behind the scenes. I think he is serving a necessary but impossible role of trying to say things that produce the least amount of reaction while maintaining a steady presence of remaining open to possibilities.

The quotes earlier about the chloroquine treatment that were posted are a perfect example. He basically said nothing when he said it may be effective and it may not and that’s perfectly fine from him I think. He doesn’t say don’t give it because it’s malpractice or the other extreme and say you should absolutely give it. He has to be as measured as possible and avoid definitive statements where possible to avoid unnecessary controversy.
Very true. Gotta believe if he wasn't doing a good job he would have been replaced by now.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:58 PM   #17111
MVP

I think the stupid ass Gov. of MO is doing this whole stay at home order a little too late. For the last month I've been out a ton and the stores are completely full and then Friday he announces this order and Wal-Mart looked like it does around Thanksgiving and Christmas. This shit has already spread and it's just a matter of time.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:58 PM   #17112
MVP

Interesting

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...yvYY4GjDWqpzF0
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:59 PM   #17113
Veteran

Missouri was at somewhere around 2k projected deaths a few updates ago and now we're all the way down to 350ish? And last update had our peak all the way in late May and now we're back to peaking in about two weeks.
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-05-2020, 09:59 PM   #17114
The Constitutional Choo choo

I believe projections of death are off by a factor of over 10.
I pray Im right
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:00 PM   #17115
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Who has the best maple syrup in Canuck land?
No clue the Quebec mafia maybe.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.