Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 06:27 AM   #1666
MVP

Yeah, I mean do guys really think we're not going to be competing for a championship here?
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 06:39 AM   #1667
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Yeah, I mean do guys really think we're not going to be competing for a championship here?
Yeah, we can debate for weeks about Hopkins and have very strong opinions on the guy, but still not fall into these narratives as TeamStatusQuo or TeamRebuild.... as an armchair GM, I'd absolutely love to see a stacked team every season, but when that doesn't happen, I'll just sit back, relax, and give zero ****s about being "right" on the internet.

They seem to be doing just fine without my input anyway.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 06:40 AM   #1668
Starter

Maybe he is bring Rice and Ross along on the same track so they can take the WR 1 & 2 spots at the same time without any animosity between them. Also could be long playing it so teams have less tape on them. We know we will be there in the end as Mahomes is inevitable and the AFC looks shitty this year anyway.

Does it bother anyone else that announcers always mention that Jwat won a Super Bowl with Tampa Bay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-19-2023, 07:23 AM   #1669
In Search of a Life

Quote:
No, you're twisting things again.

The argument was that if you're paying a guy $25m to be the star WR, then you have to get your money's worth because you have weakened other positions. So you're filling your WR room with low picks, UDFA's because you're trying to balance all the other positions with your higher picks to field a complete team.

So you have a Tyreek, and a Drob, and a Pringle because you had to use your premium picks on defense and offensive line. When you were paying two receivers market price, you weren't paying Mahomes yet, so no more Sammy Watkins types.

So yes, I think that's regression. We saw dimishing returns two years in a row with Tyreek and scrubs. You can't have a Tyreek AND other high investment WRs AND a defense without totally ****ing the cap.

There's a hard limit on resources. Only so many cap dollars, only so many draft picks.

If Rice quickly becomes a young DeAndre Hopkins, and puts up a thousand yards and ten touchdowns, that's great!
Sorry I was snippy. Cooled down a bit and you’re right some of what I said is mischaracterization.

But I also remember some things differently. The general sentiment was that we didn’t want a WR1 in free agency for $ reasons (which I get) but it was also a distant priority in the draft. If we drafted an OT and DE and maybe DBs in the first 2 days nobody would say boo. In fact we’d love it. And we’d hear that we are fine because skyy would just step into Jujus role. Now that we drafted a guy like rashee who actually looks the part of a WR1/WR2 I think people are glad we did. And I think many have now changed their mindset to where more people now actually want for us to KEEP doing this. I love it.

The other is the notion of what a WR1 can do. Forget $. Let’s assume we got a stud WR1 for free. There was this fear that we are so good at efficiency that a WR1 hurts us in many ways. Because we’d stop spreading targets, mahomes would force downfield instead of taking what he’s given. And frankly because I think people are locked in to how a WR supports kelce as opposed to finding guys who can excel with/without him. My urgency meter was much higher. I don’t want to wait for kelce to regress to act. We need to get ahead of it. And if there’s any light to the injury it’s a sobering reminder of what life will look like without him. Not awful but clearly our priorities are totally different especially at WR.

More importantly, I think people see rashee rice and now realize the prototype WR we’re talking about. Not that he’s a sure thing. But at least he fits the mold in ways our other WRs don’t. It doesn’t have to be a diva who bitches about not getting the ball 10 times a game. It can be an unselfish guy who can still help you be efficient but gives you some dynamic playmaking too. It doesn’t stop us from what we did, but there’s so many more things we can do with this offense once he gets going. Stuff we couldn’t do last year.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 07:40 AM   #1670
In Search of a Life

No one doesn't want good players. That's just hyperbole.

If they develop a guy into a high end WR, or draft one etc, I'd imagine everyone is fine paying said guy.

What we have seen is that you can't win SB's without having atleast a defense capable of getting stops and even then.....you're toeing the edge. As much as we all want the offense to just mow people down, it's a balance.

This year so far, the offense hasn't been near what it needs to be in January to win a Sb. Again, I don't think anyone would argue that. But they don't have to be that right now. There's time here, especially with the defense doing what it's doing.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 07:43 AM   #1671
Hello

I think they need to be forcing Rice into the lineup more and let him take his lumps early. He should be playing half the snaps at least.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 07:45 AM   #1672
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I don’t want to wait for kelce to regress to act. We need to get ahead of it. And if there’s any light to the injury it’s a sobering reminder of what life will look like without him. Not awful but clearly our priorities are totally different especially at WR.
There's no universe in which that's not already part of the long term plan for Veach + Mahomes + Reid... it's on their list just as revamping the offensive line, revamping the defense through the draft, getting guys signed, etc etc.

If they could have thrown that in somewhere by now, they probably would have.

And what we saw in week 1 was what happens when the team and coaching staff is unprepared to handle a game without Kelce, when shit happens two days prior to a game. It's pretty unrelated to what would happen if they had a chance to game plan around it.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 07:50 AM   #1673
In Search of a Life

"When Kelce regresses we need a plan"

Well.....yeah. When the best tight end of all time regresses, they'll need to figure something out.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:09 AM   #1674
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

This coming offseason is when the Chiefs figure out their Alpha Pass Catcher of the Future to eventually replace Kelce in that role.

WR (more likely) or a TE.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:12 AM   #1675
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It already is, incrementally.
I’ve noticed that. Hopefully it continues in that direction on a weekly basis.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:13 AM   #1676
In Search of a Life

I think we'd all love for the offense to be in fine form and the defense to just play this way all year.

But it is what it is. They can lean on the defense for a bit here while they hopefully get the offense back up and running.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:17 AM   #1677
In Search of a Life

Quote:
People seriously tried to say we were rebuilding last year.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:30 AM   #1678
In Search of a Life

My God... If we clean up the penalties and turnovers this offense will be fine. A lot of stats out there on decent gains for first downs by these receivers that were negated by penalties. I trust Andy and team to clean this up and then the hand wringing can stop by the defeatist in this forum... well, that would be wishful thinking.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:34 AM   #1679
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
"When Kelce regresses we need a plan"

Well.....yeah. When the best tight end of all time regresses, they'll need to figure something out.
We need to figure something out now.

Mahomes didn’t look comfy in preseason; he doesn’t look comfy now
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:37 AM   #1680
Veteran

Quote:
I doubt it's a simple one to one replacement situation.
Maybe not but if the whole point of having a committee of guys is to fit specific roles, someone is going to take those JJSS snaps. It's one guy or multiple, but if your mantra is reps and more reps, maybe it's more realistic that one guy steps up than it's spread to multiple people getting fewer reps.

Anyway, point I was trying to make is that it's the JJSS role that is missing and needs filling (as everyone says), if anything, and that I maintain that SHOULDN'T be an impossible dream.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.