Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-08-2005, 07:24 AM  
CHANGEd your mind yet????

25 Years: we miss you, John

I can't believe it's been 25 years since John Lennon was murdered. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I think it was my generation's 'Kennedy' moment. I couldn't listen to his song 'Happy Christmas' for many years without breaking into tears...

Makes you wonder what kind of impact he would have had on music and on his world...

to his life!
memyselfI has disabled reputation
Old 12-08-2005, 01:24 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise
I am not reading the whole thread so I don't know if this has been discussed, but I heard an interview with Lennon on TV last night where he was just blasting the fans and his former bandmates and such. Said the band broke up because they were sick of being backup musicians for Paul, that he considered his fans stupid and resented them, said they didn't know f-ing anything, etc.

Any idea the context and date of this statement?

I know when the Beatles broke up the blood was the worst between John and Paul and that the others were trying to avoid taking sides. IIRC, in the early 70s Lennon and McCartney were angry with each other and making negative statements as such.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:24 PM   #152
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish
When I was in college at Mizzou, our school radio station had a show called "Feature Album" where we played a current album in its entirety, and another show called "Classic Album" where we'd play an older album that was a classic. We had a DJ named John Clayton who did both shows. The night John Lennon got shot, our Feature Album was "Double Fantasy", and we were in the middle of the album when the news broke. I still have the AP teletype copy at home when it first hit the news wire. Clayton was also on the air playing "Coda" when John Bonham (Led Zep drummer) died, and was playing "Who's Next" when Keith Moon died. We were glad when he graduated, he kept killing off rock stars on his show...
I was also at Mizzou when he was shot. Shooting Star was playing a concert that night. I didn't hear about it until after I got back to the dorm. Found out later the band heard about it just before they came out to play their encore.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:26 PM   #153
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox
I was also at Mizzou when he was shot. Shooting Star was playing a concert that night. I didn't hear about it until after I got back to the dorm. Found out later the band heard about it just before they came out to play their encore.
Another Shooting Star fan.....I really liked those guys.
Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
Old 12-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox
I just remember it being a really unsettled time. The hostages were still in Iran with no end date in sight. It was a rather bleak time to begin with. Lennon being murdered during the holiday season for no reason was kind of the salt being poured on an open wound. Even people who didn't like the guy were just struck about the timing and senseless nature of the crime.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:35 PM   #155
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfI
Any idea the context and date of this statement?

I know when the Beatles broke up the blood was the worst between John and Paul and that the others were trying to avoid taking sides. IIRC, in the early 70s Lennon and McCartney were angry with each other and making negative statements as such.
It was an interview in rolling stone. I dont know, do your own legwork. I just heard it on some news show yesterday.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:37 PM   #156
Say hello to my little friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly
was that just on tv?
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:38 PM   #157
What time is it?

We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one ****ing bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God! I want it! God! Jesus!

MM
~~
Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:42 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M
We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one ****ing bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God! I want it! God! Jesus!

MM
~~
No one said life, or death, is fair...
Old 12-08-2005, 01:47 PM   #159
What time is it?

Quote:
No one said life, or death, is fair...
I'm not asking for fairness ...

just lamenting that Chapman was such a good shot.

MM
~~
Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.Mark M is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:50 PM   #160
Mama Tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
it was an attempt at being wity.
MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:54 PM   #161
www.nfl-forecast.com

It didn't really affect me very much at all, maybe beause you come to expect sudden and tragic events in life. I have vauge memories of MLK being assasinated, rembember watching the Vietnam body counts being tallied on the evening news, remember Watergate unfolding in detail, remember the numerous controversies and tragedy of the '72 Olympics. And we were constantly told that nuclear war could break out at any moment. Growing up in that mileu, another guy getting shot was pretty much part of the expected scenery. I wasn't a huge Lennon fan (Beatles broke up before I became musically aware) so I can't say I was deeply affected.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #162
Screw U if U can't take a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by chagrin
I know, lately I have been really uptight, but I get tired of the semantics and bullshit and wish people would just be true.

For example, you with your "I don't blame people for watching their bottom line" routine, while blasting some for making money.

And also, someone who runs from an argument on the back of "I've been here longer than you" and "I won't indulge you until you are here for a little while longer", oh and my favoprite "use ignore" I say you use ignore...it's just crap, you know it, I know it, vegetable lasagne here knows it!

I have real conversations with people and they answer questions, that's what a debate is, exchanging arguments, asking, answering, and having questions answered, not running because you know you are incorrect.

If you're going to be shitty and cuss at me, I don't care, it's a hell of alot better than the two-faced, bullshit vagaries I read here from you and others regularly - So I guess I'm pissed off.
The only thing I can say is when it comes to me, I never intend to be two faced. There is a reason I am known as the BB's arrogant ass and that is because I have no problem of sticking with my views to the point others view me as being an ass (but a kindhearted loveable ass). My views are my views and while I believe in protecting the bottom line and in capitalism I don't believe any company has a right to soak the consumer and if they are going to take illegitimate advantage of a situation they should be regulated. JMO We can take this argument to the DC Forum if you want to explore it further.

Finally, trust me I really could care less if you are civil to me or not. I have had much worse said to me on this BB and it don't mean a thang. I just find it strange to read what you wrote about me on the other BB and finding you posting this way on this BB.
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:36 PM   #163
Will KC ever be better?

Quote:
Look, there are trolls here who want to hi-jack this thread for no other reason than to see it in DC. My point was don't let them.

How can one discuss the music of Lennon without discussing politics? After all, a lot of his songs had to do with politics.

Let's just discuss the music. "OK now, what did you all think of that second eighth note in the 17th measure? I thouht it was a bit much, a rest would have fit a lot better in that stanza." I don't think so.
PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:50 PM   #164
Playing for #1 Draft Pick

Miss John Lennon and what he did for music.... won't miss Yoko.
StcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutStcChief is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 12-08-2005, 03:54 PM   #165
Giggitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
The only thing I can say is when it comes to me, I never intend to be two faced. There is a reason I am known as the BB's arrogant ass and that is because I have no problem of sticking with my views to the point others view me as being an ass (but a kindhearted loveable ass). My views are my views and while I believe in protecting the bottom line and in capitalism I don't believe any company has a right to soak the consumer and if they are going to take illegitimate advantage of a situation they should be regulated. JMO We can take this argument to the DC Forum if you want to explore it further.

Finally, trust me I really could care less if you are civil to me or not. I have had much worse said to me on this BB and it don't mean a thang. I just find it strange to read what you wrote about me on the other BB and finding you posting this way on this BB.

Listen Carville,

You still don't get it do you? People like you never will. read carefully:

I don't dislike you because of your views.

I dislike you because you are two faced. You simply cannot support protection of one's bottom line by owning stock in a company he, not only stands against, but writes movies and books about the wrongs that they are doing, etc and also speak out against the same company for watching their bottom line.

That's not political, that's just a two face being a two face.

I love the way you gloss yourself as "the arrogant ass of the BB" you must be the only one who considers yourself that way. To be arrogant, you have to have something to be arrogant about. Simply engaging in two faced opinions on specific topics doesn't count. Who gave you that title?

I mean geesh, in person you might very well be likeable, I don't know and I don't care. Nobody says we have to be civil to each other. I simply engaged you by stating a fact about your answers.

The cussing today, unfortunately for me, is the result of simply lacking patience with anything right now. It's more of a mood swing than anything, and I don't make it a habit.

The only way I am going to continue this (even though I know you want the last word in public here)is via private messaging.

Other than that I am fine to let it go now, I feel like you have done a good job simply talking about the issue at hand, for a change, at least between us. You should practice that more often. Meme could learn a lesson or two from you.
Again, I didn't want to make this a whole thing but it got out of hand, and I'm sorry about that because the thread is about JL's music.

FTR: I thought he was a man who DID something about what he believed. He may have been a shitty father, just because he didn't treat BOTH kids that way doesn't take away his shitty father status, but that's what I am talking about when I say actually do something instead of just talking.
chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.