Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 02:44 PM   #1606
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Cousins isn't bad. he's actually quite good.

The right team (and yeah, the Jets may be that team) could do some REAL damage with him.

That Vikings team won't win anything with Cousins at this point because they're too far away. They'll get some empty calorie wins but they're not a real threat to win anything meaningful.

Cousins takes more blame than he should for Minnesota disappointing over the years. He's not been their problem - but he gets blame for the problems they have.

But they're going to struggle to rebuild a defense around an aging quarterback while also having to pay a really expensive WR. The best path forward for them is dealing Cousins.

Yeah, I’m on the record last year for changing my mind about Kirk. I think he’s a decent quarterback, actually a pretty good one.

The issue that I’m talking about, Hass to do with decision making in the most critical moments. A lot of us watched that last game last year when Kirk inexplicably threw that ball to the tight end a good 7 yards short of the sticks on fourth down. For their season. that’s the decisions that I think will always hold Kirk back.

And he said, at some point in a subsequent interview that he saw Justin Jefferson down the field, one on one, but was afraid of putting the ball in jeopardy. I’m sorry, but to win at the highest level, you have to pull the trigger on that throw and believe that your guy is going to make a play.

And honestly, it’s Justin Jefferson. I’d have thrown that ball 100 out of 100 times in that situation.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 02:49 PM   #1607
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
What's wrong with Miami? Ok, so McDaniel is a nerd. He's a coach, who cares.
Hill has been a prick since we traded him. Chubb can lick my taint.

It's a team that acts like it's ever done a damn thing and they annoy me. At least Buffalo has been winning divisions and putting scares into teams in the playoffs.

The Dolphins folded like cheap tents down the stretch last year and got steamrolled in the post-season.

!@#$ 'em.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 03:07 PM   #1608
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
That is exactly the sugarcoating I’m talking about. We still have major gaps beyond drops. We can accept that it will take time to find a primary target, but how can anyone dispute that we need a consistent producer? Right now we have two guys taking 40-45 snaps with 2-3 targets per game. We seem very uncomfortable with even the intermediate part of the passing game.

It’s not a high bar but we haven’t found jujus backfill yet. And that’s where it feels most of the pieces fall more into place. A lot of us feel that rashee can at least meet the juju standard early on. But we haven’t yet. We will likely be fine in the meantime if we clean things up and we play defense at this high level. But until then our offense will be making it work vs all the pieces magically falling into place. That can’t occur with one of the central pieces missing.
No, man, and you're like talking to a ****ing brick wall.

I'm not sugar coating anything.

These guys need REPS. They need to play through the uncertainty, they need to see what things are and get why they are in real time, in the games.

REPS.

You're defaulting to: things aren't what they need to be, blah, blah

and I'm saying YES, WE KNOW. And trading for Jesus Christ himself isn't going to change anything mid-season when the problem is lack of comfort with the pre and post snap reads that the receivers need to be making to get on the same page as Mahomes.

We don't have a talent problem, we have a familarity and comfort problem, and the only way to fix that is TO PLAY THROUGH IT.

The young guys' snaps all went up this second game. MVS is always going to get a lot of snaps, he has a defined role. Watson will get snaps because he knows the offense and can play any of the roles. Moore, and Rice, and even Ross had their snaps go up this game because THEY'RE LEARNING and will continue to do so.

Stop pissing yourself, it's going to be okay, and sooner than later.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 03:07 PM   #1609
In Search of a Life

I kinda think we're getting to the point where if you really want a high end real alpha WR....you're probably gonna have to trade up in the first to get the guy.

And it's not likely to come at the end of the first.

I'm not sure that juice is worth the squeeze, so I'd keep hammering away at your Moore's and Rice's and see what I could develop. Financially, it seems to make more sense.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 03:10 PM   #1610
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
Unless they are running routes in the dining room at JJ's, not sure how dinner is gonna help.

Guys. Need. Snaps.
Precisely. We really don't need more receivers; in fact, we probably need fewer receivers. The talent is there. They simply need reps.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 03:12 PM   #1611
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Is it weird that I want to see the Jets succeed? I find them to be the least objectionable of the AFC East teams at this point and their fans, as abused as they have been historically, are actually pretty damn good and loyal to a fault.

C'mon Jets - please give this a try? Your defense is awesome and you have enough weapons to do some real damage with a guy like Cousins.

I wanna see you guys take some air out of Buffalo and that douchepickle Mike McDaniel.
I'm with you. I was thinking this afternoon that I sort of wish they'd given Baker a few dollars instead of the Rogers investment. They might be rolling along.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 03:19 PM   #1612
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post

These guys need REPS. They need to play through the uncertainty, they need to see what things are and get why they are in real time, in the games.

REPS.

and I'm saying YES, WE KNOW. And trading for Jesus Christ himself isn't going to change anything mid-season when the problem is lack of comfort with the pre and post snap reads that the receivers need to be making to get on the same page as Mahomes.

We don't have a talent problem, we have a familarity and comfort problem, and the only way to fix that is TO PLAY THROUGH IT.

The young guys' snaps all went up this second game. MVS is always going to get a lot of snaps, he has a defined role. Watson will get snaps because he knows the offense and can play any of the roles. Moore, and Rice, and even Ross had their snaps go up this game because THEY'RE LEARNING and will continue to do so.

Maybe just semantics, but by the mid-point of the season in an ideal scenario these two see their snaps decreased with the young guys all seeing more snaps. If that doesn't happen then I think 1 or more of the young guys didn't step up as hoped. There are only so many snaps to go around, and we don't go 3-4 wide on every play. Eventually MVS/Watson will need to see a reduced snap count for the young guys to continue to get more opportunities.

I understand it's way too early at this point to expect that, but by week 10 or so we should see things starting to trend in that direction.
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-18-2023, 03:21 PM   #1613
Andy Reid Supporter

I would be shocked if Veach traded a 1st for any player and paid him top end money.

You're not doing that anymore while paying Patrick his due
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 03:22 PM   #1614

Baker doesn't necessarily look like he's taken a massive step forward as much as he looks like the guy he was in Cleveland before he got hurt and they threw him under the bus.

I still think they did him dirty as hell out there.

From 2018 to 2020 he looked like a developing high-variance quarterback who could routinely be a playoff QB and maybe, when fully developed, have a year here and there where those variances are just under the surface for 3 games in the post-season and he does some real damage.

Then 2021 happened and he got hurt. He tried to play through a bum wing and couldn't meanwhile OBJ blamed him for everything under the sun and the franchise went ahead and said "yeah - that checks out; this guy's a bum..."

I never understood that. Suddenly I found myself cheering for the guy and hoping he'd recover.

In TB he looks to be right back on the development arc his first 3 seasons would've suggested he could take. Granted, he's 2 years behind because 21 and 22 were wasted seasons. But 28 yrs old he looks like a young, high pedigree, kindof exciting quarterback who has been developing slowly but surely if you remove those 2 years in the wilderness.

The guy may have 6-8 years at/near his prime left. TB may have fallen backwards into a real long-term asset here. The 2020 version of Baker Mayfield was a small step forward from being a 30 TD, 10 int, 4K yard passer.

That's damn near identical to a year that got Geno some MVP votes. It's better than what Rodgers did last year and I don't think it's appreciably worse than what Tua might reasonable be expected to do.

Derek Carr got PAID being worse than that.

Baker still has a shot and I'm pulling for him.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 03:29 PM   #1615
pie is never free

This thread has been AMAZING

I went to bed, then woke up to find out this place absolutely SAVAGED itself over this issue, its classic CP

As for me, I'm fine with continuing to groom these kids into salty vets by december... we took a shot on Hopkins and he chose money over Super Bowls, so whatever

I'm in total agreement with OTW that we need to be seeing much more of Rice, and I also think its time for Ross to start getting some targets
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 03:33 PM   #1616
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post

REPS.

****ing hell. I’m not pissing myself. I have said repeatedly I am hopeful rice or maybe ross fills that juju void. I like that option… for now… and I’m patient about waiting for it. But until that guy steps up and plays that role, it is a key role we are missing. The idea that everything will fall into place without that primary guy is disingenuous.

Many of our guys seem more defined as role players. And they will get better and better in those roles with reps, and that is a terrific complement to the primary guy who hasn’t emerged yet. It doesn’t have to be Justin Jefferson. A middling WR like juju will do. for now. It’s not some ridiculous bar and again I’m optimistic rashee can meet it. But that’s doing a tremendous disservice to the role juju played last year if we want to pretend it can just disappear. Sure you’ll have guys who step up and matchups to exploit and you can scheme guys open. But if there are a lot of situations and reps where these guys can’t get open, then there are going to be a lot of reps where none of our guys can get open. That’s why you need that safety valve.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 03:37 PM   #1617
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I kinda think we're getting to the point where if you really want a high end real alpha WR....you're probably gonna have to trade up in the first to get the guy.

And it's not likely to come at the end of the first.

I'm not sure that juice is worth the squeeze, so I'd keep hammering away at your Moore's and Rice's and see what I could develop. Financially, it seems to make more sense.
I think it takes repeated and consistent effort. It’s work we got started last year and I’m glad we started somewhere. But this post kelce world has to change our focus from role guys who can play off kelce (which feels more like skyy moore) to high risk / high reward guys, accepting that some of these guys will bust. That’s fine. Just keep swinging. We should swing at more Rashees.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 03:37 PM   #1618

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I would be shocked if Veach traded a 1st for any player and paid him top end money.

You're not doing that anymore while paying Patrick his due
He learned some lessons early on.

Frank Clark was a pretty obvious one. Sammy Watkins was another. Anthony Hitchens was likely another.

Now an argument is that he didn't have a choice - he had a QB on a rookie deal with an open championship window so he had to grab it. But give that opportunity to him again and I think the Hitchens deal is replaced by a Tranquil sort of move for a solid veteran on a short-term deal.

Watkins might have been replaced by a mid-tier veteran like an MVS sort of player rather than paying top of he market for a #2 ceiling. Mathieu might have been the same animal; a Reid kind of good player who gets paid like a good player instead of re-setting the market. As for Clark - I think you get, at most, a Brown sort of return; he's not giving up a 1st and a 2nd for a pending FA.

He's gotten a LOT more measured in how he approaches his roster building.

As I said way back when - you race the track; not the drivers. Worry about building your team - not anyone else's. And by and large he's been content doing that.

I think it will continue to pay dividends even when it makes some short-term headaches like we're experiencing at the moment.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 03:42 PM   #1619
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I will say it again, I can't believe we're sitting here with Mahomes and what looks like a legitimate top 5 defense, and people are shitting their pants because our young WRs are having some growing pains.

I don't think I've ever been this confident in a Mahomes team.

Mahomes and an elite defense is a ****ing cheat code. What a bunch of ****ing pussies some of you are.
Not even Mahomes can carry a sieve of diarrhea uphill without losing a lot.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-18-2023, 03:55 PM   #1620
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
****ing hell. I’m not pissing myself. I have said repeatedly I am hopeful rice or maybe ross fills that juju void. I like that option… for now… and I’m patient about waiting for it. But until that guy steps up and plays that role, it is a key role we are missing. The idea that everything will fall into place without that primary guy is disingenuous.

Many of our guys seem more defined as role players. And they will get better and better in those roles with reps, and that is a terrific complement to the primary guy who hasn’t emerged yet. It doesn’t have to be Justin Jefferson. A middling WR like juju will do. for now. It’s not some ridiculous bar and again I’m optimistic rashee can meet it. But that’s doing a tremendous disservice to the role juju played last year if we want to pretend it can just disappear. Sure you’ll have guys who step up and matchups to exploit and you can scheme guys open. But if there are a lot of situations and reps where these guys can’t get open, then there are going to be a lot of reps where none of our guys can get open. That’s why you need that safety valve.
Similar production as Juju will do for now, agreed. Eventually will need someone to become a key target to replace Kelce, probably sooner than later. Hard to expect to find a Justin Jefferson type. I think it's reasonable to hope to eventually find the equivalent of a Keenan Allen type. Allen has arguably been a top 10 WR many years when healthy. He's not an elite athlete so wasn't drafted highly but he has tools that has made him a borderline elite player at times. I think hoping to find a similar level of player is essential and doable, otherwise the ceiling of the offense is limited without a go to option.
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.