Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 01:31 PM   #1576
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I agree. That’s another reason I’d love Ross and rice in a primary role sooner. I think our biggest need right now is a consistent target monster. If we can set that, then Mvs and skyy become even more valuable with more targets per snap bc they’re playing a more defined role. Toney is getting more consistent targets but he feels like more a utility guy.

I think we’ve got a lot of guys who sporadically contribute. And that’s where juju, even if being pretty so so, feels a little missed right now. it feels like Watson is used for this purpose and that’s passable. But we’re just holding the door open until rice and ross are ready for meaningful snaps.
Out biggest need right now is for guys to be where they're supposed to be when they're supposed to be there, and then catch the ****ing ball. Everything else will fall into place as soon as that is happening, and all of this "we need a WR1!" Stuff becomes entirely irrelevant.

And it was better in week 2 than the week before, so things are already heading in the right direction.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 01:32 PM   #1577
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I guess Ross isn't cutting it?
He got 9 snaps, don't know yet.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 01:37 PM   #1578
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
That's REALLY tough to defend. Perfect throw, perfect timing.

Yeah, that's unguardable when executed like that. Perfect route and perfect throw.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 01:40 PM   #1579
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Nah, he's dead serious.

Does anybody remember when Veach rebuilt the defense and we had some growing pains early on?

Mecca was all over CP crying about how the Chiefs should've done what the Packers did (Packers new D was playing really well), and then the Chiefs proceeded to win the SB while that soft ass Packers D got their shit pushed in in the playoffs.

Did he learned anything from that? Or last year? Clearly not.
The talent is clearly there. I certainly wouldn't hate to see MVS reps go down while Ross reps increase, though.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 01:46 PM   #1580
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Well, you quoted my post, but I don't think you read it. I think you just had something you were going to say, regardless.
I read your post. It read as an excuse for each individual person instead of acknowledging a pattern. Mvs having one outstanding game doesn’t change the subtle instinctive miscues he’s made pretty frequently. DRob made lots of mental mistakes beyond just running backwards. We know coming in that mecole was a pure speed wr we hoped we could grow into the feel for the position. And we seem to hope the same for skyy as a man beater, despite very raw college experience. Ritchie is already crossing up routes. And jury’s still a little out ok toney although his issues seem a lot more to do with focus.

The common thread seems to be that we have these dynamic talents who either lack a natural feel for the position or just don’t get where they need to be. Maybe that’s something that changes. Doesn’t everyone agree that in a small sample size rashee just seems way more of a natural than any of the guys I listed?
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 01:59 PM   #1581
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Addison is fine. He's not likely to ever be a legit 1 but they took him for insurance when they end up having to trade Jefferson because they need the picks to go get a QB.
If you trade picks you just burn future picks to the extent possible because with a rookie QB you can afford to keep Jefferson (and should BADLY want to do so).
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 02:01 PM   #1582
In Search of a Life

They'll have Jefferson, Addison, and Hockenson locked in for the next few years so they can get a young QB and have him set up for early success.

Jefferson isn't going anywhere.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 02:05 PM   #1583
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
The talent is clearly there. I certainly wouldn't hate to see MVS reps go down while Ross reps increase, though.
MVS will always be out there. He's a high paid decoy though, not the chain mover.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 02:05 PM   #1584

Quote:
They'll have Jefferson, Addison, and Hockenson locked in for the next few years so they can get a young QB and have him set up for early success.

Jefferson isn't going anywhere.
Right.

I think O.City's position is that they'll need to trade Jefferson to accumulate the necessary draft capital to move up and get a new QB, but I just don't think that's the case.

Oh it could be to get Caleb Williams, but I don't imagine anyone who's sitting at 1.1 is dealing that pick. To get to 1.2? Or 1.5? Eh - They can do your standard '3 firsts and a couple 2nds' to move up from wherever they end up. And frankly, they're 0-2 with a bitch of a schedule ahead of them. They could end up sitting in the top 10 as it stands and finding a team that has a young QB already sitting ahead of them shouldn't be that difficult.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 02:07 PM   #1585
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Right.

I think O.City's position is that they'll need to trade Jefferson to accumulate the necessary draft capital to move up and get a new QB, but I just don't think that's the case.

Oh it could be to get Caleb Williams, but I don't imagine anyone who's sitting at 1.1 is dealing that pick. To get to 1.2? Or 1.5? Eh - They can do your standard '3 firsts and a couple 2nds' to move up from wherever they end up. And frankly, they're 0-2 with a bitch of a schedule ahead of them. They could end up sitting in the top 10 as it stands and finding a team that has a young QB already sitting ahead of them shouldn't be that difficult.
Unless they get a QB, they're just jerking their flaccid self around.

I'd mitigate the chances of said QB busting by loading up and trading Jefferson for a couple 1's, then have the ability to still keep some picks.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 02:09 PM   #1586
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Right.

Yea, they're in a great position as it stands today. The only problem is that Cousins is good enough, and the NFC is bad enough, that they probably should finish outside of the top 10.

However, they might just be the complete opposite of last year's team and lose a shit ton of close games, because their defense is terrible.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 02:09 PM   #1587

Quote:

I'd mitigate the chances of said QB busting by loading up and trading Jefferson for a couple 1's, then have the ability to still keep some picks.
{insert 'it could be a boat!' gif here}

What could POSSIBLY help a young QB more than Justin Jefferson?

And they can get a trade up made without giving up Justin Jefferson.
Old 09-18-2023, 02:10 PM   #1588
In Search of a Life

Quote:

You crazy little dentist man you.
Old 09-18-2023, 02:10 PM   #1589
In Search of a Life

Quote:
{insert 'it could be a boat!' gif here}

What could POSSIBLY help a young QB more than Justin Jefferson?

And they can get a trade up made without giving up Justin Jefferson.
They also may not want to pay him the 35 or 36 million per year he will want.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 02:11 PM   #1590

Quote:
Yea, they're in a great position as it stands today. The only problem is that Cousins is good enough, and the NFC is bad enough, that they probably should finish outside of the top 10.

However, they might just be the complete opposite of last year's team and lose a shit ton of close games, because their defense is terrible.
They should maybe consider shopping Cousins at this point. Because in 2 weeks, anyone who's going to be QB needy is likely to be 1-3 and dead in the water.

But right now you have, I dunno, a 1-1 Jets team that still has life in it if they can get a QB they'll rally behind and not that ****ing douchebag they tossed out there Sunday. Those guys just don't play for him.

I don't think they'd get much for him, but they'd clear some cap space that could roll over until Jefferson's deal next season. They'd maybe get a 2nd day pick and they'd 'secure' their draft position to move for a new guy.

But with as weak as the NFC North appears to be, that's gonna be a hard ask for them.