Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2022, 10:34 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins

Will update OP with more info.

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:04 AM   #1561
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
He threatened to sit out.

How would that have played out? The distraction? The void at WR1 while chewing up cap space?
I just don’t buy that he’d sit for any substantial amount of time. He’s got too much of a questionable past that the media has already lied about that wouldn’t be good for him or his value for him to draw that much attention to himself. Who have we seen sit out with ONE YEAR left on their contract? Lev Bell was about to be franchised.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:04 AM   #1562
Please squeeze

Quote:
Did you seriously just compare trading Tyreek Hill for 5 picks to Derrick Thomas dying?

JFC. Some of you have lost any and all sense of perspective.
Absolutely not. I usually stay mostly unemotional about players leaving because it is a business. But for some reason this one has bothered me. Probably because we drafted, developed him into a HOF/generational player and those guys don’t come around very often and we traded him in his prime. This is like breaking up Rice/Montana in their prime IMVHO.

I will feel way worse though if it were Mahomes.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 08:05 AM   #1563
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
Most of us have faced the prospects of leaving our hometown, our family, and friends for more money, a better climate, a better career path. Almost all of us have, or have been very tempted to do it. Most of us have the wisdom and hindsight of age (far) beyond his 28, and we also had several X the "earning years" to change course if we were unhappy. Hill has a short amount of time to accumulate a much wealth as possible, and he took the money, like most of us would. It hurts, but it is hard to blame him, and I don't know if I would call him "dumb".
The argument about more money is moot. 21 million a year versus 30...who cares. At that point you could be set if you are smart. How many of us will make 21 million in our lifetimes?

It was about bragging rights and feeling important. These athletes are alpha males and currency or the hall of fame are really the only two things that show how alpha you are. Rings are a team thing.

All of this is fine. It's his call. But I agree with a previous poster that with mahomes, hill had the ability to be remembered as one of the best ever. Now he'll have to settle for the money and being great. His call.
irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:08 AM   #1564
Mahomes Fanboi

I wonder if Tyreek would still put his SB ring on the line against Usain Bolt.

That would be crazy if he did... lost it, and never got another because he went to the Dolphins.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:11 AM   #1565
Please squeeze

One thing we can all be proud of is the culture Reid has built here because if you read the Nate Taylor story in the Athletic they let Hill pick the team and would have taken the Jets deal. So it wasn’t easy for them and they tried to take care of Hill.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:14 AM   #1566
Chiefs

ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:16 AM   #1567
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Absolutely not. I usually stay mostly unemotional about players leaving because it is a business. But for some reason this one has bothered me. Probably because we drafted, developed him into a HOF/generational player and those guys don’t come around very often and we traded him in his prime. This is like breaking up Rice/Montana in their prime IMVHO.

I will feel way worse though if it were Mahomes.
I can appreciate that. I think it's difficult to visualize the Chiefs without Hill because he's become such an important part of the fabric of the team. The guy is legitimately the most exciting player in the entire league and he played on OUR TEAM. It's infinite the number of times I've thought, "Gosh, I'm so happy that guy is on our side."

It feels weird now. But we almost lost him to ignominious circumstances a few years ago. At least we got another 3 years from him, a Super Bowl title, and some real compensation in return.

My advice would be to just wait until the draft. We all have a tendency to massively overrate our picks, and given how many we have this year, we'll have a lot to be excited about and hopeful for.

The sadness around losing Tyreek will fade like anything else.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 08:18 AM   #1568
MVP

Quote:
I can appreciate that. I think it's difficult to visualize the Chiefs without Hill because he's become such an important part of the fabric of the team. The guy is legitimately the most exciting player in the entire league and he played on OUR TEAM. It's infinite the number of times I've thought, "Gosh, I'm so happy that guy is on our side."

It feels weird now. But we almost lost him to ignominious circumstances a few years ago. At least we got another 3 years from him, a Super Bowl title, and some real compensation in return.

My advice would be to just wait until the draft. We all have a tendency to massively overrate our picks, and given how many we have this year, we'll have a lot to be excited about and hopeful for.

As long as we have Mahomes, this is The Way.

May the window be ever open.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:19 AM   #1569
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
The difference in lifestyle between being the #1 paid WR and the #5 paid WR (what KC was offering) is jack and shit. Mahomes and Kelce both understand this.

Hill chose money and bragging rights over KC.

I hope he never sees a playoff game the rest of his career.

Dumb dumb dumb.
Miami clubs are a bit more fun for a 28-year-old than KCP&L.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:20 AM   #1570
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
X Howard has deleted all his IG Dolphins stuff. Maybe we’re trading for him?
Wouldn't we have just packaged it in with the Hill trade?
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:20 AM   #1571
Veteran

Quote:

Here you are being all reasonable and shit. Making it difficult for us emotional ones to just cry out loud
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-24-2022, 08:23 AM   #1572
MVP

I’m already over it. Let’s grab a FA WR and draft a couple that Reid and Veach like. WBF
kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:30 AM   #1573
Cheat Death

I remember justifying traveling for the AFCCG with the thought of seeing Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce playing together for championships being finite.

**** that game and now here we are. Woof.

Oh well, off to the draft and a newer-ish era of Chiefs football.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:31 AM   #1574
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
I am sure this has been posted, but WOW!

1st round (29th overall)
1st round (30th overall)
2nd round (50th overall)
2nd round (62nd overall)
3rd round (94th overall)
3rd round (103rd overall)
4th round (121st overall)
4th round (135th overall)
7th round (234th overall)
7th round (244th overall)
7th round (252nd overall)
7th round (260th overall)

I wasn't especially excited about the draft. Now I am stoked.
I’d be surprised if we have all this picks come draft day. Veach will likely swing a trade for a WR before then.
louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:34 AM   #1575
Andy Reid Supporter

Man…taking Clyde over Higgins still hurts. We’d still have Higgins, Kelce and Hardman with maybe Juju today. That’s actually not that bad.

Just goes to show how much one pick can mean. Burt will need to remember that next month

Last edited by RunKC; 03-24-2022 at 08:50 AM..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.