Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-27-2021, 07:10 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns

Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:19 PM   #1561
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I don't think any of these people have any idea what the hell they're talking about. Tannehill? GTFO. It's like they've never actually watched football before Mahomes.

Mayfield is an entirely different animal than Tannehill.
I attribute much of it to simply having a few too many adult beverages during the game (and maybe this morning). But yeah, you show your ass when you compare Baker to either Tannehill or Alex Smith. Tannehill is a WR converted to QB. He'll never be on the same level as Baker. And don't get me wrong, I love Alex as a person, as a leader, and as the QB that helped make KC relevant again after a long stretch of just awful seasons pre-Andy. But he was basically Tyrod Taylor. Again, just no realistic comparison to Baker.

And the whole narrative that Baker can't produce in big moments as a pure passer is hilariously dumb. Last season vs. BAL in their second match-up after his defense twice gave up 2-TD deficits, he brought them back to tie the score. It was the CLE defense that lost that game, not Baker He led them to 5 TDs to stay in the game. Poor defensive play lost that game for them.

Then he beats PIT twice, once to secure a playoff berth, and then to eliminate PIT from the playoffs. The same PIT that has dominated that division for 20 years, and just happened to have the most feared pass rush in the NFL in 2020. But somehow "Baker=Alex/Tannehill" still completes about 65% of his passes, for over a 7 yds/att average, and a 95+ passer rating.

You're delusional if you think either Alex or Tannehill could've done the same.

Even yesterday Mayfield led the Browns on 4 drives of 75 yds or more for TDs. Not sure just what else you can expect of a franchise QB. Maybe ask your defense to play a little better. Or maybe ask your ST unit to just not give up the ball on your own 15-yd line.

The reality is that Baker played well enough that vs. about 29 other NFL teams, CLE wins that game. A couple mistakes by their defense, a great play by the Chiefs defense to force a fumble, and a truly tragic play by their punter were all that tipped the scales in KC's favor.

The bottom line is that you simply can't make mistakes and expect to beat KC with Mahomes at the wheel. For about 48 minutes CLE played nearly flawless football on the offensive side. And that gave them the lead in the game until about the 54th minute.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:24 PM   #1562
I’m a Mahomo!

Shitstains are the 2nd best team in the AFC but they still have Baker Mayfield as their QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:25 PM   #1563
Andy Reid Supporter

The Browns appear to be our best competition in the AFC at the moment. It’s early but man the Bills don’t have many weapons or a pass rush. The Titans are set up for a fallback year IMO, the Ravens are killed with injuries, the Steelers QB is barely what he was 5 years ago and the others just aren’t anywhere near us.

It’s crazy how strong the NFC is and how weak the AFC is as a whole
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:36 PM   #1564
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I attribute much of it to simply having a few too many adult beverages during the game (and maybe this morning). But yeah, you show your ass when you compare Baker to either Tannehill or Alex Smith. Tannehill is a WR converted to QB. He'll never be on the same level as Baker. And don't get me wrong, I love Alex as a person, as a leader, and as the QB that helped make KC relevant again after a long stretch of just awful seasons pre-Andy. But he was basically Tyrod Taylor. Again, just no realistic comparison to Baker.

And the whole narrative that Baker can't produce in big moments as a pure passer is hilariously dumb. Last season vs. BAL in their second match-up after his defense twice gave up 2-TD deficits, he brought them back to tie the score. It was the CLE defense that lost that game, not Baker He led them to 5 TDs to stay in the game. Poor defensive play lost that game for them.

Then he beats PIT twice, once to secure a playoff berth, and then to eliminate PIT from the playoffs. The same PIT that has dominated that division for 20 years, and just happened to have the most feared pass rush in the NFL in 2020. But somehow "Baker=Alex/Tannehill" still completes about 65% of his passes, for over a 7 yds/att average, and a 95+ passer rating.

You're delusional if you think either Alex or Tannehill could've done the same.

Even yesterday Mayfield led the Browns on 4 drives of 75 yds or more for TDs. Not sure just what else you can expect of a franchise QB. Maybe ask your defense to play a little better. Or maybe ask your ST unit to just not give up the ball on your own 15-yd line.

The reality is that Baker played well enough that vs. about 29 other NFL teams, CLE wins that game. A couple mistakes by their defense, a great play by the Chiefs defense to force a fumble, and a truly tragic play by their punter were all that tipped the scales in KC's favor.

The bottom line is that you simply can't make mistakes and expect to beat KC with Mahomes at the wheel. For about 48 minutes CLE played nearly flawless football on the offensive side. And that gave them the lead in the game until about the 54th minute.
You say this, and it’s a fair analysis, but if true, how did the Browns not win the divisional playoff game last year, when Baker got the ball with 8 mins left in the 4th, and went 12 yards in 7 plays and didn’t one time throw to the sticks, even when it was 3rd and 11 and he throws a 2 yard swing pass. And to make matters worse, Chad Henne of all people actually did make a play on 3rd and freaking 16 to give his team a chance. When Chad Henne “out clutches” you, that’s a problem.

Baker played a hell of a game yesterday, but (again) had an opportunity to win a game and didn’t. I don’t expect him to be Mahomes, but I also know he’s going to lose to him a lot….I remember Alex beating a lot of teams in the regular season too (such as the 2017 Patriots in Foxboro on opening day), only to fold under the biggest of moments

I said before that I’m probably putting a little too much emphasis on the divisional game, but man, that moment is what kids dream of: knocking off the best team in their house in the playoffs (and that’s before we consider that Pat was already out)

Down 5, Divisional Playoffs, 8 mins left: 12 yards in 7 plays…..yeah, I can’t look past that
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-13-2021, 02:38 PM   #1565
EvOlVeD

who the hell is this thing?

Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:41 PM   #1566
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post

X Factor with a new look?
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:45 PM   #1567
The Insider

Quote:

Umm that is Pat Schottenheimer, Marty's wife.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:48 PM   #1568
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Umm that is Pat Schottenheimer, Marty's wife.
Oof. Way to go Carcosa.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:49 PM   #1569
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa View Post
You say this, and it’s a fair analysis, but if true, how did the Browns not win the divisional playoff game last year, when Baker got the ball with 8 mins left in the 4th, and went 12 yards in 7 plays and didn’t one time throw to the sticks, even when it was 3rd and 11 and he throws a 2 yard swing pass. And to make matters worse, Chad Henne of all people actually did make a play on 3rd and freaking 16 to give his team a chance. When Chad Henne “out clutches” you, that’s a problem.

Baker played a hell of a game yesterday, but (again) had an opportunity to win a game and didn’t. I don’t expect him to be Mahomes, but I also know he’s going to lose to him a lot….I remember Alex beating a lot of teams in the regular season too (such as the 2017 Patriots in Foxboro on opening day), only to fold under the biggest of moments

I said before that I’m probably putting a little too much emphasis on the divisional game, but man, that moment is what kids dream of: knocking off the best team in their house in the playoffs (and that’s before we consider that Pat was already out)

Down 5, Divisional Playoffs, 8 mins left: 12 yards in 7 plays…..yeah, I can’t look past that
You make some fair points.

However, wasn't it a risky but spectacular play by Dirty Dan to force a fumble that erased a sure TD by Baker that would've made the game like 16-10 Chiefs in the first half?

And yeah, Mayfield didn't move the ball in that final series, but did he not lead CLE to a pair of 75-yd 8 play drives for TDs in the two previous CLE possessions?

So without that forced fumble in the EZ, CLE would've actually been leading the game 24-22 in the 4th Q. And Henne would've been forced to actually score. Instead, we asked him to simply get a 1st down. Against one of the worst defenses in football. IIRc, they fielded exactly 1 starting CB, coming back from injury/COVID? No starting safeties (I think), 1 starting LB, etc. and so on. Not sure how any of that is on Baker, except that last series where they didn't move the ball. And even that is partially on Stefanski for not calling a couple better plays. I think he got conservative for a minute.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:59 PM   #1570
Bolton gonna knock you out

This is who Baker is. Can’t seem to embed anymore for some reason. But this sums up Baker when pressure is on.

https://youtu.be/ZWdfZ_dFZT0
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:05 PM   #1571
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
This is who Baker is. Can’t seem to embed anymore for some reason. But this sums up Baker when pressure is on.

https://youtu.be/ZWdfZ_dFZT0
I gotcha, Cooch

National media is all over this clown.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:06 PM   #1572
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:

A bunch of hot cougars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:07 PM   #1573
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
I gotcha, Cooch

National media is all over this clown.
Thank you my bruddah!!
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:16 PM   #1574
2 Legit 2 Colquitt

ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:23 PM   #1575
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake View Post
That was Meck cheering on his boys in Brown
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.