Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-27-2021, 07:10 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns

Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:04 PM   #1531
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Yeah, but he's SO Alex Smith-like in that... when you KNOW he's going to throw and the run game/balanced offense is just not a true threat, his passing just isn't that impressive.

It's what is keeping him from being an elite QB. If he HAS to throw, he's just a guy.
Smith's problem was that he was so risk averse he frequently left points on the board.

That's not a characteristic of Mayfield at all.

They're similar in their athleticism, although Smith was faster.

Mayfield has a much better arm than KC era Smith.

Mayfield didn't lose that game, he played plenty well enough to win. He wasn't able to WIN the game, as in take it by himself, but you know, he's not Mahomes.

That doesn't mean he's Tannehill, for ****'s sake.

I think people are unable to see any shade of difference anymore. There's a LOT of tiers between Mahomes and God status and pedestrian game managers.

Mayfield is NOT a game manager.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 12:07 PM   #1532
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa View Post
But Baker Mayfield will always be Baker Mayfield.....tried to tell you numerous times

Yep
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:10 PM   #1533
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Smith's problem was that he was so risk averse he frequently left points on the board.

Mayfield didn't lose that game, he played plenty well enough to win. He wasn't able to WIN the game, as in take it by himself, but you know, he's not Mahomes.

I think people are unable to see any shade of difference anymore. There's a LOT of tiers between Mahomes and God status and pedestrian game managers.

Most of the criticism is Mayfield's doing with his false bravado staring down coaches and "feeling dangerous" comments
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:12 PM   #1534
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Most of the criticism is Mayfield's doing with his false bravado staring down coaches and "feeling dangerous" comments
Absolutely.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:12 PM   #1535
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

Oh, I think Mayfield is better than Tannehill. Don't lump me in with pasta on that one.

My take is this: Can Mayfield get it done consistently when you KNOW he has to throw. When play-action is no threat and you're playing the pass game.

So far, he isn't in the group of QBs who can.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:15 PM   #1536
MVP

Quote:
Oh, I think Mayfield is better than Tannehill. Don't lump me in with pasta on that one.

My take is this: Can Mayfield get it done consistently when you KNOW he has to throw. When play-action is no threat and you're playing the pass game.

yeah, but there's like...what...3 guys that meet that standard?

I mean, you know.

If you can only win with Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers, why play the season at all?
Old 09-13-2021, 12:17 PM   #1537
Supporter

Quote:

I mean, you know.

Look at the Super Bowl list the last 20 years.

There aren’t a lot of names on there. Yes, it’s a very small list.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 12:19 PM   #1538
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post

This this this. We keep saying it over and over because it's true. Ya he's not Mahomes and ya that means his chance at going to a bowl is slim to none. The bigger problem is he's not even in the next tier under Pat that can sneak in.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:22 PM   #1539
Consuming CP souls

Quote:

You also called him Alex like lol same comparison I was making with Tanny. Can ball when he has a running game, ahead in the score, and down and distance in line. Neither are good at all in pure passing situations. That's a big difference than just saying he's not Mahomes he sucks.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:23 PM   #1540
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post

And yet- Rodgers hasn't been in forever.

Wilson in 6 years.

Brady isn't what he once was.

Somebody's gotta go to play Mahomes. Doesn't mean they all suck.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:27 PM   #1541
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

I mean, you know.

Firmly in that grouping with Mahomes (Can get it done when they have to throw):

Brady
Rodgers
Wilson
Josh Allen

Next tiercan do it sometimes)
Prescott (if they protect him)
Lamar Jackson (his explosiveness with his feet make him dangerous in those situations, IMO. Ability to scramble and extend and rip off chunk plays himself)
Stafford (competent coaching + good OL + good coaching, interested to see what he does)

Has the potential/we don't know yet:
Justin Herbert
Mayfield
Burrow
Kyler Murray (some of Lamar factor)
Joe Burrow
Trevor Lawrence
Tua Tagavailoa
Mac Jones
Zach Wilson
Mac Jones

Then here's Baker Mayfield

Guys that are never going to be real threats when they have to throw
Everyone else (barring a guy in a fresh situation like Darnold jumping up).

So I guess overall for me, Mayfield is wobbling between those second 2 groupings. I haven't seen much from him that leads me to believe he can make it happen when he has to throw and the D knows he has to throw, and he can't screen and play action.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:27 PM   #1542
Andy Reid Supporter

Browns looked significantly better. They actually have a defense now. And this was their first game together.

Baker still crumbles but he’s a good QB.

I actually think they are better than the Bills, Titans and Ravens.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:30 PM   #1543
MVP

Quote:
Firmly in that grouping with Mahomes (Can get it done when they have to throw):

Brady
Rodgers
Wilson
Josh Allen

Next tiercan do it sometimes)
Prescott (if they protect him)
Lamar Jackson (his explosiveness with his feet make him dangerous in those situations, IMO. Ability to scramble and extend and rip off chunk plays himself)
Stafford (competent coaching + good OL + good coaching, interested to see what he does)

Has the potential/we don't know yet:
Justin Herbert
Mayfield
Burrow
Kyler Murray (some of Lamar factor)
Joe Burrow
Trevor Lawrence
Tua Tagavailoa
Mac Jones
Zach Wilson
Mac Jones

Then here's Baker Mayfield

Guys that are never going to be real threats when they have to throw
Everyone else (barring a guy in a fresh situation like Darnold jumping up).

So I guess overall for me, Mayfield is wobbling between those second 2 groupings. I haven't seen much from him that leads me to believe he can make it happen when he has to throw and the D knows he has to throw, and he can't screen and play action.
I disagree on Allen. He had a year of gaudy stats but totally melts down in the playoffs. No thanks.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:30 PM   #1544
Supporter

Quote:
And yet- Rodgers hasn't been in forever.

Wilson in 6 years.

Brady isn't what he once was.

Somebody's gotta go to play Mahomes. Doesn't mean they all suck.

Suck?

No.

They do require a near-perfect or perfect team around them to get to and/or win the Super Bowl, though.

San Fran was LOADED a couple years ago. Better than Tampa. What did they lack?
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:32 PM   #1545
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Browns looked significantly better. They actually have a defense now. And this was their first game together.

Baker still crumbles but he’s a good QB.

I actually think they are better than the Bills, Titans and Ravens.
I just don't see how people can say they have a defense. The Chiefs scored at will on 6 of 8 possessions. The only thing that slowed them down was a few long drives on each side or they put up 500 and a 40 burger. You can't say the Chiefs defense sucked (which they did) AND say Cleveland has a legit defense