Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2021, 05:37 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones

Quote:
A hamstring injury limited Jones to just nine games last season, though he still put up strong numbers when he was on the field. He caught 51 passes for 771 yards and three scores as the Falcons finished the year 4-12. From 2014-19, Jones missed only four games and averaged 104 catches and 1,564 yards per season. SI Link.

From Peter King:
Quote:
Surprises? Keep an eye on Atlanta. I can’t predict any bombshells. But a few things would not surprise me. Most notably, the Falcons putting the framework of a trade together for star wideout Julio Jones, and making the trade effective June 2. That way, Atlanta could split Jones’ cap charge between 2021 and 2022 instead of getting bashed with it all this year. So if such a trade happens, I expect it could involve a future pick or picks, nothing this year. (A future second-round pick as compensation seems fair to me.) Because such a trade wouldn’t be official till June, no picks in this draft could be involved. As for the interested team or teams, I would guess Las Vegas; Jon Gruden couldn’t resist Antonio Brown, and I doubt he could resist Julio Jones. New England too, and a couple of teams with clear receiver needs—Tennessee and Baltimore.

Now, the Falcons don’t really want to trade Julio Jones. He’s a franchise legend. But he’s 32, entering his 11th season, coming off a banged-up year with seven games missed due to injury, and the Falcons are in cap jail. If they could off-load his money and cushion it by splitting it between this year ($7.75 million) and next ($15.5 million), Atlanta’s cap charge on Jones this year goes down by a tad more than $15 million.

One final note here, to be very clear: I am not reporting the Falcons will trade Jones, or will probably trade Jones. I am saying it would not surprise me if it happened.

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2021 at 12:24 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2021, 03:50 PM   #1486
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
Davis had 5 TDs last year.

Julio averages 6 per. He’s overrated.

It doesn't count to say he's overrated now, you had to do it before he signed with somebody else for true style points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
lol his resume where he got double digit touchdowns exactly one season of his career and it was 10. And someone called him the "best receiver in the NFL" just lol

He's injury-prone and a fair amount overrated and that was before he was old

Quote:
Clearly he has always gotten a ton of yards.

His touchdowns have never matched it though and that's why I think calling him the best receiver in the NFL has always been wrong.

Reek had 17 last season.

Dwayne Bowe once had 15 with Matt ****ing Cassel throwing to him.

like that.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-06-2021, 03:56 PM   #1487
11-5, baby

Quote:
It doesn't count to say he's overrated now, you had to do it before he signed with somebody else for true style points.

like that.
I’ve been hating on this trade “possibility” the whole time, thanks.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 04:07 PM   #1488
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
You aren't winning SBs with Ryan Tannehill.
I mean, it’s possible. But he need a lot of help and some luck. He could Flacco his way to a title.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:18 PM   #1489
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
I’ve been hating on this trade “possibility” the whole time, thanks.
it was just an excuse to post my own posts

Also if Tannehill is going to Flacco his way to a SB he needs to get a generational defense soon
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:21 PM   #1490
In Search of a Life

Quote:
it was just an excuse to post my own posts

Also if Tannehill is going to Flacco his way to a SB he needs to get a generational defense soon
That’s the main problem.

They’re going to give up 40 points a game to good teams.

Bombs away Ryan!
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:32 PM   #1491
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Oh I was absolutely wrong about that
Thank you.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:47 PM   #1492
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Thank you.
Yea, just leave the rest of that out...

1. You have yet to support your initial claim that I have a “weird hate boner” for Tannehill.

2. My original post that you quoted was about Tannehill now, and had nothing to do with those old posts you brought up.

3. My point still stands that there’s little reason to have faith in Tannehill come playoff time.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2021, 04:57 PM   #1493
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
We’ve seen teams win that way but you’d need an absolutely loaded football team surrounding him
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2021, 09:54 AM   #1494
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
Its called a negation. Give them time to confer with one another to settle the matter. They will reach a compromise. That is standard negotiating procedure. Of course Mathieu is going to come to the table on the high end of the spectrum and Veach on the contrary wants to sign as team friendly of a deal as possible. They are feeling each other out. Again, standard operating procedure. Its pretty clear Mathieu would love to stay in KC and Veach has said honeybadger is a priority. Itll get done.
Matthieu won't sign before this season is over. They're still quite a ways apart on terms. It isn't happening any time soon.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2021, 09:59 AM   #1495
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Umm what? You must have me confused with somebody else. I don’t hate him at all, and I’ve actually defended him plenty of times in the past.

I think Tannehill is decent. I’m definitely not saying he’s trash, but he’s the kind of guy that puts up good regular season stats then shrinks in the playoffs. He is who he is.
It's the play action. He's very much helped by the system.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:04 AM   #1496
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Good teams don't trade for guys like Jones. Desperate teams do.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:16 AM   #1497
Thank you

I Will Never Forgive Julio For This Ultimate Betrayal!!!!
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:27 AM   #1498
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
I Will Never Forgive Julio For This Ultimate Betrayal!!!!
Should have retired before allowing this trade to happen
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:28 AM   #1499
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
You aren't wining SB's with Tannehill, as in multiple, continuous contention, but that Titans team could absolutely find itself in the SB this season.

Seemingly every goddamn year there's a Tannehill-level QB in the SB.

To write them off with "oh oh oh Ryan Tannehill" i think that's silly.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:31 AM   #1500
left blank intentionally

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/06/07/mm...de-daily-cover

Quote:
But based on where the Titans are, this is a very worthy swing for the fences, which will give Tannehill & Co. maybe the most imposing skill group (Henry, Jones, A.J. Brown) in the NFL.
What.
The.
Is
This
Moron
Thinking?
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.