Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chris Jones watch...

Last edited by Dante84; 03-09-2024 at 11:20 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-08-2024, 07:08 AM   #136
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
If he gets offered that much, he will need to decide what’s best for him.

A little less and continuing to be part of history…or slightly more money.
Same goes both ways. If it's only "slightly more" then the Chiefs would have offered that already and it would be signed.

He made the point that by now, his agents already know what other teams would pay for him since that's all they do at the combine other than babysit prospects. And now it's up to the Chiefs to move up to that point not for Chris Jones to move down to theirs.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-08-2024, 08:44 AM   #137
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Jones could always agree to something this weekend or after the start of FA, but it sure seems like we’d know today if he’s coming back.

I’ll be assuming he’s gone if a deal isn’t announced today.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 03-08-2024, 08:44 AM   #138
MVP

He has to know that we won't wait around for him to make up his mind. We are going to pursue Wilkins - if we arent already. It will be very much like the Juwann Taylor and Brown Jr. situation last off season... If Wilkins is going to come in under, then via con dios.
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.

Old 03-08-2024, 08:50 AM   #139
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Same goes both ways. If it's only "slightly more" then the Chiefs would have offered that already and it would be signed.

He made the point that by now, his agents already know what other teams would pay for him since that's all they do at the combine other than babysit prospects. And now it's up to the Chiefs to move up to that point not for Chris Jones to move down to theirs.
Good points. I do think Jones might budge a little, but I can’t see it being by a whole lot. One thing KC can’t afford is to get into a bidding war with other teams as they won’t win.
tredadda has disabled reputation

Old 03-08-2024, 08:53 AM   #140
Going home eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
If you overpay for Jones you might have to sacrifice OL next offseason.

Veach ain't doing that.

We either get to keep Jones or we get to keep a lot of really good players. Win-win.
We are not giving Jones the bag he wants. It's been a year, and we haven't caved. Veach is not going to lose 4 guys we need this year and next to keep Jones. It would be stupid to do so.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2024, 08:55 AM   #141
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Just go sign Wilkins from Miami and be done with it. You'll save a little money to maybe shop for a better free agent WR.
I will say this:

If the difference between the two in price is 10M AAV or more like I have seen some people suggest... that's a decent quality starter somewhere on the roster shoring up a weaker spot... It does create a quandary of if one move is more beneficial than the other...
kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.

Old 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM   #142
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychief View Post
He has to know that we won't wait around for him to make up his mind. We are going to pursue Wilkins - if we arent already. It will be very much like the Juwann Taylor and Brown Jr. situation last off season... If Wilkins is going to come in under, then via con dios.
What gives you that idea? It's only 2 days left before he can agree to a new deal with another team. Chiefs will 100% wait those two days.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM   #143
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
We are not giving Jones the bag he wants. It's been a year, and we haven't caved. Veach is not going to lose 4 guys we need this year and next to keep Jones. It would be stupid to do so.
What 4 guys?

Old 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM   #144
Andy Reid Supporter

Carrington Harrison coming in hot on Dianna Russini saying she said the Chiefs were optimistic about the Chiefs last year the last chance to sign him happened. Also said she is obviously getting the Chris and Sneed 1st rd pick news from the Chiefs.

To me if Chris Jones is still a FA on Monday morning he’s gone
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-08-2024, 08:58 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgreene View Post
I will say this:

If the difference between the two in price is 10M AAV or more like I have seen some people suggest... that's a decent quality starter somewhere on the roster shoring up a weaker spot... It does create a quandary of if one move is more beneficial than the other...
One good thing about DL is that you can address it with volume.

It’s not like LT, where you need one good one. If you can’t have a stud on the DL, several good players can make up for that.

If you don’t have a good LT, you don’t have a good one. You can’t have 4 decent tackles to make up for that.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-08-2024, 09:01 AM   #146
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
What gives you that idea? It's only 2 days left before he can agree to a new deal with another team. Chiefs will 100% wait those two days.
I meant once FA tampering begins.
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.

Old 03-08-2024, 09:01 AM   #147
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Carrington Harrison coming in hot on Dianna Russini saying she said the Chiefs were optimistic about the Chiefs last year the last chance to sign him happened. Also said she is obviously getting the Chris and Sneed 1st rd pick news from the Chiefs.

To me if Chris Jones is still a FA on Monday morning he’s gone
I can see him landing with the Texans if he left. Young, up and coming team with a ton of cap space that can easily afford what he is looking for. He could bring a veteran presence to that team. Obviously I want Jones to stay here, but if not then it is what it is. They will adjust accordingly.

Old 03-08-2024, 09:05 AM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
I can see him landing with the Texans if he left. Young, up and coming team with a ton of cap space that can easily afford what he is looking for. He could bring a veteran presence to that team. Obviously I want Jones to stay here, but if not then it is what it is. They will adjust accordingly.
The only way this ends bad for the Chiefs is if they screw around with Jones too long and miss other FAs, then don’t sign him.

There are fair arguments to sign or not sign Jones. I think the Chiefs will be okay either way.

This can end bad for Jones if he pulls an OBJ and is forced to take less in a worse situation, because the Chiefs move on and his market isn’t what he hopes (though I’d be shocked if that happened).

Old 03-08-2024, 09:09 AM   #149
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
The only way this ends bad for the Chiefs is if they screw around with Jones too long and miss other FAs, then don’t sign him.

There are fair arguments to sign or not sign Jones. I think the Chiefs will be okay either way.

This can end bad for Jones if he pulls an OBJ and is forced to take less in a worse situation, because the Chiefs move on and his market isn’t what he hopes (though I’d be shocked if that happened).
The one difference between him and Brown Jr is that OBJ is a RT who is determined to play LT and only being average at it. He overplayed his hand and Veach called his bluff. Jones is still playing at an elite/HOF level and has been pivotal in KCs last two SB wins. He’s gonna get $30 million a year, or a contract that makes it look like that. The big question now is who’s gonna pay it?

Old 03-08-2024, 09:17 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
The one difference between him and Brown Jr is that OBJ is a RT who is determined to play LT and only being average at it. He overplayed his hand and Veach called his bluff. Jones is still playing at an elite/HOF level and has been pivotal in KCs last two SB wins. He’s gonna get $30 million a year, or a contract that makes it look like that. The big question now is who’s gonna pay it?
Yeah, for sure. I wouldn’t compare them as players by any stretch.

Just comparing how the money went bad for OBJ and it could (though very very unlikely) happen to Jones too.

I think a deal gets done today regardless. And if it doesn’t, the Chiefs will still be fine.
Closed Thread