Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2022, 02:03 PM  
In Search of a Life

Trade up options

Credit to Pest in the lounge.

Would you give up next years 1 and 29 to get up high enough to take Johnson?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:07 AM   #136
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Interesting article from Peter King had me thinking. Here's the two quotes that put the idea in my head.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...m_int=Edge1248

If Carolina isn't sold on any of the QBs that are at that #6 spot, and teams aren't going to be getting what the trade value chart says that they should be getting.....would Carolina entertain a trade down to the back end of the first round where they can still get a QB? It would also give them another couple of picks before they get to pick again.

Moving up to 6 also allows us to be in at the top end of the DE market if someone like Walker or Thibodeaux fall.

It's probably just me being bored on a Monday morning.
This seems like a really good draft that is "middle heavy" and isn't much in the way of elite type guys. Which is fine, but if you're gonna trade down you need someone wanting to come up.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:10 AM   #137
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
This seems like a really good draft that is "middle heavy" and isn't much in the way of elite type guys. Which is fine, but if you're gonna trade down you need someone wanting to come up.
King talks about it in his article.

COVID MADE THIS DRAFT DEEPER
GM6: “When so many college players had shortened seasons, or no seasons [in 2020], a lot of them chose to stay and play a regular year last year. That’s why the draft’s deeper this year. Not just at the top, but all the way through.”

GM7: “This is the year to have a bunch of day two and day three picks. And I think the pool of undrafted free agents will be better than usual.”

GM8: “One of our analytics guys was talking about how Covid made this draft richer. Look at all the picks Baltimore has in the third and fourth rounds. [The Ravens have seven in the third and fourth combined.] Those picks are absolute gold. They are going to have a great draft. Five years from now, that will be the story to look back on.”

GM9: “I’m extremely bullish on the third and fourth rounds, into the fifth.”

Coach 1: “This draft, in terms of high-quality players, kind of drops off the cliff after about 10 picks. But the depth of make-it players who will contribute is very good.”
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:19 AM   #138
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
King talks about it in his article.

COVID MADE THIS DRAFT DEEPER
GM6: “When so many college players had shortened seasons, or no seasons [in 2020], a lot of them chose to stay and play a regular year last year. That’s why the draft’s deeper this year. Not just at the top, but all the way through.”

GM7: “This is the year to have a bunch of day two and day three picks. And I think the pool of undrafted free agents will be better than usual.”

GM8: “One of our analytics guys was talking about how Covid made this draft richer. Look at all the picks Baltimore has in the third and fourth rounds. [The Ravens have seven in the third and fourth combined.] Those picks are absolute gold. They are going to have a great draft. Five years from now, that will be the story to look back on.”

GM9: “I’m extremely bullish on the third and fourth rounds, into the fifth.”

Coach 1: “This draft, in terms of high-quality players, kind of drops off the cliff after about 10 picks. But the depth of make-it players who will contribute is very good.”
Ultimately, I think this is why the Chiefs went ahead and traded Hill and why they probably won't trade up, as well.

This is the perfect year to have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:20 AM   #139
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Ultimately, I think this is why the Chiefs went ahead and traded Hill and why they probably won't trade up, as well.

This is the perfect year to have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds.
The ONLY trade up I could see would be for an EDGE and at this point....it's probably a minor trade up if a guy like Karlaftis falls. Say around 20-21.

I just wish I knew how many QBs were going to go in the first. I can't tell if there's going to be 2-3 or just 1 at this point.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:33 AM   #140
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
Interesting article from Peter King had me thinking. Here's the two quotes that put the idea in my head.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...m_int=Edge1248

If Carolina isn't sold on any of the QBs that are at that #6 spot, and teams aren't going to be getting what the trade value chart says that they should be getting.....would Carolina entertain a trade down to the back end of the first round where they can still get a QB? It would also give them another couple of picks before they get to pick again.

Moving up to 6 also allows us to be in at the top end of the DE market if someone like Walker or Thibodeaux fall.

It's probably just me being bored on a Monday morning.
Even if they accept below value, its still going to take our two firsts+, I dont want to do that. We have a ton of picks right in the meat of this draft, lets use them.
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:37 AM   #141
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefforlife View Post
Even if they accept below value, its still going to take our two firsts+, I dont want to do that. We have a ton of picks right in the meat of this draft, lets use them.
I agree.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:37 AM   #142
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
I was thinking 29, 50 and a 2023 3rd round pick.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:39 AM   #143
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
I was thinking 29, 50 and a 2023 3rd round pick.
For 6?

No way they take that. IF they did, yeah I could do that for the right guy.

Especially if we traded back from 30 to gain some more picks.
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:41 AM   #144
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
For 6?

No way they take that. IF they did, yeah I could do that for the right guy.
I might throw in a 4th as well....but the Panthers are ****ed at this point. And that probably means that some other team with a higher first round pick will move up. I'm just spit balling ideas right now until the draft hurries the **** up.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:43 AM   #145
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
I might throw in a 4th as well....but the Panthers are ****ed at this point. And that probably means that some other team with a higher first round pick will move up. I'm just spit balling ideas right now until the draft hurries the **** up.
The wait is brutal.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:48 AM   #146
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
The wait is brutal.
I'm really hoping they bring in a guy like Rasheem Green before the draft to play SDE.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:54 AM   #147
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
I'm really hoping they bring in a guy like Rasheem Green before the draft to play SDE.
I would feel much better if they would do that.

Ive never been a big Clowney fan but I was really hoping we could have our turn with him as well.

Adding either of those guys would ease some anxiety!

Unfortunately I think we will have to wait until the draft is over to see anything like this happen. Those guys value will rise to the teams that dont land an edge, another reason I would like to land one before the draft.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:55 AM   #148
Starter

The 100's of mocks I've done, that I thought were the most consistently good, were without any trades. I believe 3 or 4 of the players we draft will make our defense better by mid season.
golfindude is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutgolfindude is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutgolfindude is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutgolfindude is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutgolfindude is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutgolfindude is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutgolfindude is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutgolfindude is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutgolfindude is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutgolfindude is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutgolfindude is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 04-18-2022, 09:58 AM   #149
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
I would feel much better if they would do that.

Ive never been a big Clowney fan but I was really hoping we could have our turn with him as well.

Adding either of those guys would ease some anxiety!

Unfortunately I think we will have to wait until the draft is over to see anything like this happen. Those guys value will rise to the teams that dont land an edge, another reason I would like to land one before the draft.
Either way...I think we'll bring in a DE after the draft to compete. Green, Flowers, Ingram, Clowney.....a vet will be brought in.
Old 04-18-2022, 10:44 AM   #150
MVP

I like the idea of trading down and burning future draft Capital to take advantage of the value that will be available in the second and third rounds at edge, WR, S, and DT. I think developing a rotation and situational flexibility of these second tier talents will create more value than drafting one Johnson or Wyatt.

Imagine adding Jones, Ebiketie, Hall, Winfrey, Enagbare with some guys in the Ingram role like Barno, for example. You can create a lot of packages with that talent and rotate them regularly. I would hate to face fresh linemen every series if I was an offensive lineman.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.