Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-08-2005, 07:24 AM  
CHANGEd your mind yet????

25 Years: we miss you, John

I can't believe it's been 25 years since John Lennon was murdered. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I think it was my generation's 'Kennedy' moment. I couldn't listen to his song 'Happy Christmas' for many years without breaking into tears...

Makes you wonder what kind of impact he would have had on music and on his world...

to his life!
memyselfI has disabled reputation
Old 12-08-2005, 01:03 PM   #136
Screw U if U can't take a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by chagrin
Thanks for the semantics dipshit, but anyone who just talks and doesn't act is a coward - I don't give shit who they are. So, that's all I was saying and then I left because I didn't want to turn this thread into anything because I know how important John Lennon was/is to alot of people, others just like to talk. And since I was finding myself going somwhere inappropriate to the thread topic, I said my peace and I left.
I guess I just don't get your point, John Lennon definitely acted on his beliefs. People posting on a BB by definition are not able to act (does not mean they would not in the real world). Could you take the time to actually explain what you really mean, or do you just dislike people posting on threads like this one?

I appreciate that you did not want to hijack the thread.
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:05 PM   #137
Giggitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfI
Actually, that would be piece. There was nothing remotely peace-ful about your post.
You hate REAL logic don't you. Are you going to get in a last word argument again - life support system for a pussy?
chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:08 PM   #138
Screw U if U can't take a joke

Quote:
You hate REAL logic don't you. Are you going to get in a last word argument again - life support system for a pussy?
You know for someone who was so critical of the way I post on BB's on the other one, you sure lack the ability to post in a civil manner.

Oh and what is illogical about using the right word for the right purpose. You created an opportunity for her to make a clever pun based on your post and misuse of the wrong word.
Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.Logical is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:11 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
You know for someone who was so critical of the way I post on BB's on the other one, you sure lack the ability to post in a civil manner.

Oh and what is illogical about using the right word for the right purpose. You created an opportunity for her to make a clever pun based on your post and misuse of the wrong word.
Thank you. I guess some folks think their own words illogical...

And speaking of logic, doesn't that word bring back fond memories????
Old 12-08-2005, 01:15 PM   #140
Giggitty!

I know, lately I have been really uptight, but I get tired of the semantics and bullshit and wish people would just be true.

For example, you with your "I don't blame people for watching their bottom line" routine, while blasting some for making money.

And also, someone who runs from an argument on the back of "I've been here longer than you" and "I won't indulge you until you are here for a little while longer", oh and my favoprite "use ignore" I say you use ignore...it's just crap, you know it, I know it, vegetable lasagne here knows it!

I have real conversations with people and they answer questions, that's what a debate is, exchanging arguments, asking, answering, and having questions answered, not running because you know you are incorrect.

If you're going to be shitty and cuss at me, I don't care, it's a hell of alot better than the two-faced, bullshit vagaries I read here from you and others regularly - So I guess I'm pissed off.

Last edited by chagrin; 12-08-2005 at 01:20 PM..
chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:16 PM   #141
Giggitty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfI
Thank you. I guess some folks think their own words illogical...

And speaking of logic, doesn't that word bring back fond memories????
There's nothing logical about a two faced, coward such as yourself.

Please show me where my words are illogical.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:17 PM   #142

Quote:
There's nothing logical about a two faced, coward such as yourself.

Please show me where my words are illogical.
. No thank you. I CHOOSE not to indulge you.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:18 PM   #143
Giggitty!

coward - that's why you have no credibility, and never will.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:19 PM   #144

What is really funny about this charge that Lennon was not sincere in his being a peace activist is that he was one of the people most vocal about the 'peace movement' being turned into a cliche. He was disconcerted about his celebrity DETRACTING from the message and actually being seen as an obstacle to true humanitarian activism.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:21 PM   #145
Beyond the Rapids

I am not reading the whole thread so I don't know if this has been discussed, but I heard an interview with Lennon on TV last night where he was just blasting the fans and his former bandmates and such. Said the band broke up because they were sick of being backup musicians for Paul, that he considered his fans stupid and resented them, said they didn't know f-ing anything, etc.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:22 PM   #146

Quote:
coward - that's why you have no credibility, and never will.
Actually, the cowardly thing to do would be to care what you think and try to defend myself against someone hurling accusations and insults like you are. It takes courage to turn the other cheek and refuse to engage in throwing insults and petty behavior.

But you are welcome to keep trying...you aren't the first, won't be the last. Sort of cliche...
Old 12-08-2005, 01:22 PM   #147
Say hello to my little friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise
I am not reading the whole thread so I don't know if this has been discussed, but I heard an interview with Lennon on TV last night where he was just blasting the fans and his former bandmates and such. Said the band broke up because they were sick of being backup musicians for Paul, that he considered his fans stupid and resented them, said they didn't know f-ing anything, etc.
He had a tough time dealing with his own success. But at the time of his death, there was no more fan-friendly guy than Lennon. That's what got him killed, unfortunately.
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:23 PM   #148
Archivist

Quote:
...that he considered his fans stupid and resented them, said they didn't know f-ing anything, etc.
Now I understand where Carl gets it...he must've been a big Beatles fan.
KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:24 PM   #149
Mama Tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
He had a tough time dealing with his own success. But at the time of his death, there was no more fan-friendly guy than Lennon. That's what got him killed, unfortunately.
was that just on tv?
MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:24 PM   #150
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:

I resent performing for you ****ers
Tell me, what do you know?
A lot of f*ggot middle-class kids wearing long hair and trendy clothes
Look, I'm not your ****ing parents,
And I'm sick of uptight hippies coming knocking at me door with a ****ing peace symbol
Get lit, **** that, I don't owe you ****ers anything
And all I got to say is **** YOUUUUUU
The sky is bluuuuue

Paul said he hated Yoko
Tell me, why should Yoko have to take that kind of shit?
Shit from those ****ing sons of bitches?
George said she gave off evil vibes
I should have beat the ****ing shit right out of him,
Him with his ****ing Hare Krishnas

Me auntie, she tore up me ****ing poems
She just threw the bastards out
I can't forgive her, 'cause she didn't treat me like a ****ing genius--

Look, you bastards, I'm a genius, like Shakespeare and Beethoven and Van Gogh! Don't you DARE criticize my work! Don't Worry Kyoko was one of the ****ing BEST rock and roll records ever made! I'm a ****ing ARTIST! I'm sensitive as shit! I throw up before I go onstage! I can make a guitar SPEAK! If I could be a fisherman I would, but I can't, because I'm a ****ING GENIUS! I was the Walrus! PAUL wasn't the Walrus! I was just saying that to be nice, but I was actually the Walrus! Him and that RUBBISH he's been singing! Eastman was an ANIMAL!! A ****ING STUPID MIDDLE-CLASS PIG!! I won't let ****ing animals like that near me!! Yoko is a SUPREME INTELLECTUAL! I'll tell you why nobody likes her music--because she's a woman and she's Oriental, that's why! WHERE ARE YOU, MOTHER?! THEY'RE TRYING TO CRUCIFY ME!!

Genius is pain
GENIUS IS PAIN!!!
AAAAGGGGH!! AAAAAGGGHHHH!!!! YOKO!!! MOTHER!!!
****! ****! AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

(The dream is over)
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.