Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-30-2024, 07:39 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Rumor: Creed & Butker getting new deals

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #136
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
They have a lot of talented players that will need a new deal soon...so you have to evaluate who would be harder to replace...and what resources you would need to replace them.

My post wasn't a knock on Creed at all...it was more about the position he plays and how vital it is to overall team success.

This is strictly from a cap management perspective...Rice is on the same contract trajectory as McDuffie/Karlaftis....which is 3 seasons out. He looks (to me) like he's going to become a great WR.
Rice is a full season behind McDuffie/Karlaftis. And a very obvious 'replacement' within the salary structure for Travis Kelce.

Karlaftis will likely be structured in a way that he back-fills for Jones. The cap management decision with regard to McDuffie was just made - they let Sneed walk because they wanted to maintain the long-term flexibility to be aggressive in their extension with McDuffie.

You can keep Creed, McDuffie, Karlaftis and Rice. You'll lose Thuney and Smith. You probably lose Bolton. You draft to replace a guy like Reid.

They're gonna be okay with the cap even if it includes Creed.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
A year early, but point stands.
They didn't get it a year early; they got the 3rd in 2025 (the same as they would've gotten the comp pick)
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I think it’s worth giving one big contract on the OL interior and creed fits that bill. I do hope (or maybe wish) we had a succession plan at guard. That feels like an easy position to draft for outside of blue chip picks and it’s a position I want to be very good but doesn’t need to be elite.
It's been really REALLY hard to find anyone with a bad word to say about Hunter Nourzad.

I think he's starting somewhere on the IOL next season. Or at the very least he competes with Wanya Morris (and hell, it could be BOTH of those guys).

I think you se Nourzad in the Allegretti role this year before moving into the starting lineup next season. Then I think CJ Hanson (or another 3rd day IOL pick in 2025) ends up replacing Nourzad as the sort of primary swing IOL that the Chiefs seem to really value.
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #139
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
It's been really REALLY hard to find anyone with a bad word to say about Hunter Nourzad.

I think he's starting somewhere on the IOL next season. Or at the very least he competes with Wanya Morris (and hell, it could be BOTH of those guys).

I think you se Nourzad in the Allegretti role this year before moving into the starting lineup next season. Then I think CJ Hanson (or another 3rd day IOL pick in 2025) ends up replacing Nourzad as the sort of primary swing IOL that the Chiefs seem to really value.
It would be nice to actually have some continuity at center, but also really nice to know that you have flexibility at C/G.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #140
In Search of a Life

Quote:

That would be ideal. I love the idea of wanya. Hope you’re right about nourzad. Hate the idea of losing Trey but these are unfortunately the kind of casualties great teams need to make.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM   #141
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

If Nourzad and Morris step in for Thuney & Smith and there's no drop off.... that would be pretty spectacular.

Then if a Tackle goes down, Morris slides over and you have Hanson, Niang or Caliendo step in if they prove themselves worthy. You'd likely also have a veteran OT from FA somewhere in there as well.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM   #142
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
If Nourzad and Morris step in for Thuney & Smith and there's no drop off.... that would be pretty spectacular.

Then if a Tackle goes down, Morris slides over and you have Hanson, Niang or Caliendo step in if they prove themselves worthy. You'd likely also have a veteran OT from FA somewhere in there as well.
I think it's still smart to always be paying at least one of the interior guys. Maybe if Sua turns into an incredible LT, then you just "shift" that chunk of cap cash over to him and go with some younger guys on the interior who will be helped along similar to the way Thuney is probably going to help Sua/Morris out this year.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM   #143
MVP

Unless it's just coach speak...Spagnuolo runs a very complicated scheme and Bolton is the on field facilitator.

It's seems it wouldn't be that easy to just plug-and-play a replacement...I'd pick a LB over a center everytime if I had to make a decision....if they were both pro-bowl level players.

I guess it'll just depend on how the staff prioritizes their importance...they know what each position requires schematically.

If they extend Creed...and let Bolton walk, it wasn't done flippantly.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM   #144

Quote:
Unless it's just coach speak...Spagnuolo runs a very complicated scheme and Bolton is the on field facilitator.

It's seems it wouldn't be that easy to just plug-and play a replacement...I'd pick a LB over a center everytime if I had to make a decision....if they were both pro-bowl level players.

I guess it'll just depend on how the staff prioritizes their importance...they know what each position requires schematically.
I just can’t bring myself to pay $18+ million a season for a guy who’s average in coverage.

If we can get him back at $12-14 million I’d listen. But when he went down last year and Tranquil stepped in, we didn’t see much drop off.
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #145
MVP

Quote:
I just can’t bring myself to pay $18+ million a season for a guy who’s average in coverage.

If we can get him back at $12-14 million I’d listen. But when he went down last year and Tranquil stepped in, we didn’t see much drop off.
Obviously, the coach's know the finer details of that substitution....It did seem it took a long time to finally find a good MLB..where as KC has had a few decent centers.

Butker should get payed whatever he wants...ask the Bills about the importance of a kicker...they can tank your entire season...as we all know too. *Cough
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM   #146
Veteran

Quote:

I just remember the days of Nieman and Hitchens. Yuck. Bolton really turned that around. Plus he's Spag's guy.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #147
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
I just remember the days of Nieman and Hitchens. Yuck. Bolton really turned that around. Plus he's Spag's guy.
and Reggie Ragland. Our linebackers were horrible until veach fixed that position with a couple of 2nd round picks and then a great cheap FA signing. Don't sleep on Leo Chenal either!
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM   #148
Three-Pat

Quote:

Essentially it comes down to paying the players whose value is higher than a cheaper replacement. Bolton just does so much for this defense and it’s not surprising that the really good to elite defenses have solid at worst MLBs.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old Today, 05:48 AM   #149
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:

It's seems it wouldn't be that easy to just plug-and-play a replacement...I'd pick a LB over a center everytime if I had to make a decision....if they were both pro-bowl level players.

If they extend Creed...and let Bolton walk, it wasn't done flippantly.
We just fielded, at worst, the league's no 2 defense last year.
Spags says Bolton and Reid are keys to that.
I'd guess both are resigned. Reid a good bit less likely due to KC probably having the best collection of safeties in the league right now.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.