Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-11-2024, 10:12 AM  
Politically Incorrect

Mike Tomlin gets 3-yr extension from Steelers.

Just breaking now.

Is it me or do the Steelers feel like they are morphing to the Bears from the last 30 years?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2024, 01:05 PM   #136
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
His resume speaks for itself. You can hate all you want but it's extremely hard to win in this league.

I think some of you here forget how much the Chiefs organization struggled before Reid and then Mahomes got here. What was it - 40-years without a playoff victory? Constant losing seasons, garbage defenses/offenses, garbage QBs, terrible HCs etc...

You don't have Tomlin's resume in this league if you are a bad HC. There's just no way a bad HC would be able to pull off what he has so far in this coaching career.
Yep.

For anyone who thinks Tomlin isn’t a good coach, how do you feel about John Harbaugh?

Tomlin’s currently got a higher career win percentage despite Harbaugh having franchise QBs during his entire stint in Baltimore. Tomlin is 8-10 in the playoffs to Harbs’ 12-10. Tomlin is 1-1 in Super Bowls to Harbaugh’s 1-0.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 01:11 PM   #137
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post

Because that was an old argument that doesn’t need to be rehashed here. Your argument is weak so you’re resorting to ad hom attacks. Very uncouth but can’t say I’m surprised.
I wasn't referring to that dumbass.

I'm talking about this:

I didn't say "Belichick doesn't matter", buffoon. I said why Kraft fired him is irrelevant, because most people agree that he should've lost his job based on the on the field performance/failure anyways

Which you conveniently left out AGAIN.

The irony of you telling me my argument is weak when your counter argument are shit like "I disagree" and "it's different because the Steelers won a lot of SBs 15+ years ago" (most of which are without Tomlin)
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2024, 01:16 PM   #138
In Search of a Life

Quote:
His resume speaks for itself. You can hate all you want but it's extremely hard to win in this league.

I think some of you here forget how much the Chiefs organization struggled before Reid and then Mahomes got here. What was it - 40-years without a playoff victory? Constant losing seasons, garbage defenses/offenses, garbage QBs, terrible HCs etc...

You don't have Tomlin's resume in this league if you are a bad HC. There's just no way a bad HC would be able to pull off what he has so far in this coaching career.
I don't say he's a bad HC. I said he's mediocre and the product he's been putting on the field for almost a decade now is MEDIOCRE. I think that "speaks for itself".
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 02:51 PM   #139
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I don't say he's a bad HC. I said he's mediocre and the product he's been putting on the field for almost a decade now is MEDIOCRE. I think that "speaks for itself".
You know what I meant.

You're entitled to your opinion but I don't know how you can call a HC average with all his accomplishments. If you want to criticize his ability to get a good QB that's one thing but thars more of a GM related duty than a HC.

But hey go ahead and call him average if it makes you feel better. Steelers obviously think otherwise.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-12-2024, 02:56 PM   #140
In Search of a Life

Quote:
You know what I meant.

You're entitled to your opinion but I don't know how you can call a HC average with all his accomplishments. If you want to criticize his ability to get a good QB that's one thing but thars more of a GM related duty than a HC.

But hey go ahead and call him average if it makes you feel better. Steelers obviously think otherwise.
What you did 10+ years ago doesn't factor into how good you are today and how good you've been for the last several.

If it did, Belichick would have a job.
Old 06-12-2024, 03:14 PM   #141
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I mean if they fire him are they going to do better? I think that's the real question here.
The Chiefs weren't likely to do better than Marty when they fired him.

The Eagles weren't likely to do better than Andy when they fired him.

It's one thing if your coach is giving you results and you idiotically fire him only like 3-4 years into his time like the Lions with Caldwell, but when you've been at it for more than 10 years and things are just plain getting stale, then yeah, it's time to move on.

Like I said earlier. It happens to the best coaches. It's just the circle of ****ing life.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2024, 03:56 PM   #142
Starter

Quote:
Also, the idea that it’s better to take your medicine and suck to get the good QB obviously holds weight. Us Chiefs fans know that.. but I don’t think that’s a consideration for an organization like the Steelers just yet.
The Chiefs sucking forever had nothing to do with drafting football jesus. Instead, it required the 27th pick, a third-rounder and 2018's first-rounder. To hell with "paying your dues" for a QB -- take your shot no matter where your current draft slot if you believe in the player.
Wallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 06-12-2024, 04:34 PM   #143
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Yep.

For anyone who thinks Tomlin isn’t a good coach, how do you feel about John Harbaugh?

Tomlin’s currently got a higher career win percentage despite Harbaugh having franchise QBs during his entire stint in Baltimore. Tomlin is 8-10 in the playoffs to Harbs’ 12-10. Tomlin is 1-1 in Super Bowls to Harbaugh’s 1-0.

here's the thing about Harbaugh: he took a Flacco-led offense (and the best defense the NFL might've ever seen, granted) and won a SB. Then he drafted a project in Lamar, revamped the entire offense to suit his extremely athletic but mentally under-developed QB, and went right back to the playoffs.

Tomlin's success basically went into the dumpster the moment Rothlisberger retired.

If I had to choose, as a GM or an owner, I doubt many would pick Tomlin over Harbaugh. Tomlin will give you a non-losing season. Harbaugh will get your team into the playoffs, even with a RB playing QB. Just saying.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2024, 04:54 PM   #144
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
here's the thing about Harbaugh: he took a Flacco-led offense (and the best defense the NFL might've ever seen, granted) and won a SB. Then he drafted a project in Lamar, revamped the entire offense to suit his extremely athletic but mentally under-developed QB, and went right back to the playoffs.

Tomlin's success basically went into the dumpster the moment Rothlisberger retired.

If I had to choose, as a GM or an owner, I doubt many would pick Tomlin over Harbaugh. Tomlin will give you a non-losing season. Harbaugh will get your team into the playoffs, even with a RB playing QB. Just saying.
This dude can see the difference between Fisher and Tomlin, but not Harbaugh and Tomlin.

Last edited by staylor26; 06-12-2024 at 05:13 PM..
Old 06-12-2024, 04:56 PM   #145
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
What you did 10+ years ago doesn't factor into how good you are today and how good you've been for the last several.

If it did, Belichick would have a job.
Then why did the Steelers resign him? Obviously if he was that bad he would of been fired like BB.

This isn't even that complicated. He's a good (not great) HC, who got resigned. End of story.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-12-2024, 05:05 PM   #146
Starter

I am wondering just how big a shit show that QB struggle will be in PIT. Fields is a guy that calls it how he sees it - right or wrong.

So if Tater lays an egg (likely) early on will Fields call him out?

Tater would NOT deal well with that.
BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-12-2024, 05:06 PM   #147
In Search of a Life

Quote:

I’d take harbaugh but he’s better than most coaches in the league in general. But it’s also unfair to judge tomlin on the few years he hasn’t had roethlisberger. I have no doubt tomlin and bellichick on an incredibly small sample size of coaching without the qb they attached to the hip for decades. He did carry roethlisbergers corpse to several playoffs so it’s not like he just crumbles behind a bad qb. I mean he won 10 games this season behind a trainwreck qb situation.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2024, 05:10 PM   #148
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I’d take harbaugh but he’s better than most coaches in the league in general. But it’s also unfair to judge tomlin on the few years he hasn’t had roethlisberger. I have no doubt tomlin and bellichick on an incredibly small sample size of coaching without the qb they attached to the hip for decades. He did carry roethlisbergers corpse to several playoffs so it’s not like he just crumbles behind a bad qb. I mean he won 10 games this season behind a trainwreck qb situation.

I'll try to be more clear. I'm not saying that Tomlin is a bad HC. He's better than a bunch of NFL HCs. But Harbaugh is a step up, imo. Harbaugh isn't afraid to take chances, big chances, isn't afraid to completely revamp a part of his team for one player. He's an outside the box type of thinker with a track record of success taking those kinds of risks. Tomlin, is a lot more conventional, and I think the difference shows in their records. Just my opinion.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2024, 05:13 PM   #149
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Then why did the Steelers resign him? Obviously if he was that bad he would of been fired like BB.

This isn't even that complicated. He's a good (not great) HC, who got resigned. End of story.

Yea, because a team has NEVER kept a coach too long.

I suppose the Cowboys continuing to stick with McCarthy is proof that he's a good HC too!

Or the Bills with McDermott.

And you keep using words like "that bad". Again, I never used the word bad. You don't have to be bad to get fired. Being mediocre for almost a decade with zero playoff wins should typically be enough to make a change.
Old 06-12-2024, 05:19 PM   #150
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I'll try to be more clear. I'm not saying that Tomlin is a bad HC. He's better than a bunch of NFL HCs. But Harbaugh is a step up, imo. Harbaugh isn't afraid to take chances, big chances, isn't afraid to completely revamp a part of his team for one player. He's an outside the box type of thinker with a track record of success taking those kinds of risks. Tomlin, is a lot more conventional, and I think the difference shows in their records. Just my opinion.
I think that’s largely true but is it much different from Andy Reid’s career in Philly? The track record seems remarkably similar to his time in Philly where he just never consistently found it again after losing mcnabb. Having an above qb goes such a long way. And a bad one can sink a coach as elite as bellichick.

Without a doubt Reid is a class above harbaugh who’s probably a notch above tomlin. I just think a lot of tomlins recent bad rep is tied to bad QBs including a great one who played way way too long. And he’s in a way higher league than, say, Jeff fisher
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.