Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 08:43 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Wanya Morris Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 04-28-2023 at 08:55 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2023, 11:46 PM   #136
Veteran

Given this always had to be a developmental pick, and this guy DOES have tools, it feels decent enough. He definitely needs a year minimum but that's fine. Like Rice it's maybe not my favourite pick but it's OK.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-28-2023, 11:58 PM   #137
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChiefs View Post
This guy did not participate in the teams bowl game to get ready for the draft. He hung his team out to dry to try to help himself. We overdrafted a me first player with the skillset to maybe be able to compete with niang. Veach is great with finding diamonds in the later rounds. He's terrible in the 1st 3 rounds.
Rub some dirt on it, Sports Dad

Maybe cheer for some D-II college team and talk about kids playing the game the "right way" and mention things like lunch pails like it's the 50s
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 12:00 AM   #138
MVP

The last two drafts were amazing, we're use to finding starters up and down the board.

This draft as a whole feels more typical of how drafts usually are. We picked players who have some nice upside but in all reality they will be valuable depth for a while. Kind of like Skyy rode the bench for a vast majority of last season. That's not a bad thing.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-29-2023, 06:36 AM   #139
Please squeeze

dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2023, 06:49 AM   #140
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
**** off genius. Name one great pick in the first 3 rounds that he did. You have zero knowledge hence your response.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 06:51 AM   #141
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
I'm not a fan of Morris but him skipping the bowl means jack shit. With that said he does have more tools than Wylie did and this staff made it work. It's likely I am wrong here and Reid/company make this pick work
I like what we’re (likely) going to be putting out there at both tackle spots as much or more than I did last year and think there’s room for growth on both sides (where OBJ probably not and Wylie felt like he was playing at the peak of his ability). That alone makes me feel a lot better and like the pick regardless of whether he beats Niang, etc out.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 07:08 AM   #142
Veteran

Quote:
**** off genius. Name one great pick in the first 3 rounds that he did. You have zero knowledge hence your response.
Man, stop...
You're just welcoming more criticism to your takes by being an insufferable person who needs to disagree with each pick...

I would never consider myself draft savy, but let's just see, I have some faith in Veach and reid
Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.Willie Lanier would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 08:21 AM   #143
Andy Reid Supporter

It blows my mind how dumb these GM’s are. In no way should a tackle that has excellent size, elite arm length (35 inches!), huge hands, very good athleticism and a proven track record on film of quality pass protection be available at the end of the 3rd rd.

Did I mention he was a 5 star recruit? Did I also mention he had the 4th best 10 yard split among all OL at the combine?

His tape at the Senior Bowl was excellent too. Goddamnit this was the best pick of the draft just purely based off value alone
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:23 AM   #144
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I really like the way Morris finishes blocks. Did anyone from the Chiefs say why they favored Morris over Jones?
No, but my guess is that Andy has tired of the huge, hulking, slow OT experiment and wanted to go back to his roots with the more athletic types outside. Taylor and Morris (and Niang, too, really) are more Reid prototypical OT's than Brown.

Jones is just OBJ but even bigger, and even slower to my eye. That's just my opinion and I'll be honest-I watched like 5 minutes of video on him before I was just like-Nah. We just let Brown walk. Don't need another.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 08:24 AM   #145
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
I like what we’re (likely) going to be putting out there at both tackle spots as much or more than I did last year and think there’s room for growth on both sides (where OBJ probably not and Wylie felt like he was playing at the peak of his ability). That alone makes me feel a lot better and like the pick regardless of whether he beats Niang, etc out.
I like it WAY better, and I'm not even expecting Morris to start day one.

But I was never an OBJ fan, and I think I've made myself clear in my belief that Wylie blows goats.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:28 AM   #146
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
It blows my mind how dumb these GM’s are. In no way should a tackle that has excellent size, elite arm length (35 inches!), huge hands, very good athleticism and a proven track record on film of quality pass protection be available at the end of the 3rd rd.

Did I mention he was a 5 star recruit? Did I also mention he had the 4th best 10 yard split among all OL at the combine?

His tape at the Senior Bowl was excellent too. Goddamnit this was the best pick of the draft just purely based off value alone
But he chose to prepare to play for the Chiefs rather than help Oklahoma win the SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl.

Clearly has a bad attitude!!
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:32 AM   #147
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Gay
Bolton
Humphrey
Looks like Karlaftis and McDuffie will be good as well.
Thornhill and Suanders were good picks.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:36 AM   #148
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
Gay
Bolton
Humphrey
Speaks, CEH, and Niang are his only 3 clear busts.

All had pretty serious injuries early.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 08:47 AM   #149
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
Gay
Bolton
Humphrey
Those picks have all been, so far, better than you would expect. Hardman and Nnadi could also be added as "meets expectations" type picks. Neither was a star, but they filled needed roles on 2 Super Bowl winners. (both more impactful in the first SB win than the second, obviously).
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:51 AM   #150
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Those picks have all been, so far, better than you would expect. Hardman and Nnadi could also be added as "meets expectations" type picks. Neither was a star, but they filled needed roles on 2 Super Bowl winners. (both more impactful in the first SB win than the second, obviously).
Back of the envelope, we had 12 R1-3 picks from 2018 to 2022.

9 wins in 12 picks is freaking outstanding.