Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-16-2024, 11:16 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

49ers Brandon Aiyuk has requested a trade

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:09 PM   #136
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Uh, think you got some of your math and your QB evaluations wrong here.

First of all, pretty much everyone on your list above had significantly more targets than Aiyuk.

In Tyreek's/CeeDee Lamb's/Nacua's/AJ Brown's/Keenan Allen's and J. Chase's cases, they all saw anywhere from 45-75 more targets than Aiyuk last season.

And yet, only five of them had more total receiving yards.
I was aware of that fact when I made my post. Aiyuk has a luxury that none of these other guys have and that’s being the FOURTH option in his own offense. Everyone else you mentioned is the guy in their respective offense. That’s the only reason Aiyuk was able to be so efficient with his targets if we’re being honest.

Quote:
Only G. Pickens had a higher Y/A.

Only Tyreek and Lamb had more receiving plays over 20 yards. They both had 29, Aiyuk had 28. So big diff there.
Yards per reception is such a volatile, variable stat that I don’t think it matters much. Aiyuk’s YPR last year was more than 3 yards higher than his career average. It’s most likely an extreme statistical outlier and that’ll be proven within the next few years.

Quote:
And not for nothing, but just exactly how did Nico Collins out-perform Aiyuk? He had nearly 50 fewer yards, a lower Yards per catch average, fewer big plays and fewer 1st downs. Please shed some light on this one.
Nico had 45 fewer yards and 1 more TD in 1 less game.

If you swapped the two, I think Aiyuk would struggle to match his numbers, while Collins would find it easier to do so being on such a star studded offense.

IMO, the season Collins had given the circumstances was more impressive that Aiyuk’s.

Quote:
And how are you evaluating QBs these days? Case in point, just how on God's green Earth do you put Purdy above Matt Stafford? Purdy above Stroud? I mean, I get Purdy had a really good year statistically (echoes of Alex Smith's 2017 season), but I doubt any scout/GM would say that Purdy was a better QB than Stafford.

That's just silly. And don't give me the "Purdy was statistically better," BS. If that's your premise, then by that reasoning, Purdy is better than Mahomes. Which is just ridiculous. Obviously.
Did I put Purdy above Stafford and Stroud? I don’t remember saying that.

Maybe you’re confused from where I said “despite SOMETIMES having worse QB situations”. I mean, that should speak for itself. Purdy was 100% better last year than Baker, Watson/Flacco, Geno Smith, Derek Carr, Sam Howell, Pickett, etc.

Quote:
As for this line:

No to DK (didn't outperform Aiyuk in any meaningful way), no to Terry, just lol to Olave and Pickens, Kupp may not ever get to his former HoF self (but I'm a Kupp fan so I'll give you this one) and Godwin?

I like Godwin, but just lol, no. Godwin is average to maybe a bit above average outside; he's a slot receiver. That's where he's always been at his best, where the vast bulk of his production has come from over his entire career, and last season when Canales tried to put him outside the experiment was a near-complete failure by all TB accounts.

In fact, it was during that losing streak TB had mid-season when Canales tried to put Godwin outside. Check his gamelogs, it wasn't great.

And their winning streak to finish the season came at the same time Godwin was put back in the slot.

Anyway, I look forward to reading your counter at this point. Especially about the QBs.
Godwin may have been a stretch. As you can see, I included him at the very end as he is a step below any of the other names I mentioned.

But DK I think is a better, more talented WR than Aiyuk. Stats don’t always tell the whole story.

No to Terry and lol at Olave? Have you watched these dudes play. They’re dawgs. You put any of them on that SF offense with Deebo, CMC and Kittle drawing coverage away and they’d all go crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
This is exactly what people used to say about Hill.
Right. If you think Deebo is just a gadget guy, you don’t really watch the 9ers play.

You can argue that Aiyuk is a better pure WR all day. I don’t necessarily agree with that but I’ll entertain the argument. The issue is, you can’t just hand waive the fact that Deebo is the second most dangerous WR in the NFL with the ball in his hands. That’s part of the package of being an NFL receiver as well and Deebo is a LOT better at it than Aiyuk.

Plus, like others have mentioned, they lost three games in a row without Deebo last year, only scoring 17 PPG during that stretch. I think the proof is in the pudding.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:01 PM   #137
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
I read a few pages from yesterday. I'm with Staylor Aiyuk is more valuable and should be prioritized. I'm surprised there's even an argument for deebo. He's just a high end gadget.
Appanrelty many don't understand who the 49ers WR1 is, and that being versatile doesn't make their WR2 more valuable.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:03 PM   #138
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
This is exactly what people used to say about Hill.
Terrible comparison. Like not even remotely close to the same guy.

Tyreek started off as a gadget guy, but he had some WR qualities you either have or don't have and he developed as a route runner.

Tyreek can run routes and separate consistently. Deebo can't. Tyreek is the Dolphins X WR and runs big boy routes. Aiyuk is the 49ers X, while Deebo gets schemed touches and runs mostly short to intermediate routes.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:43 PM   #139
[b]Supporter[/b]

49ers consistently go to Kittle, Deebo, or CM in crunch time, gotta have five yard situations. That’s value. Throughout the Receiver documentary on Netflix, you get the sense Shannahan trusts those three over anyone else, including Aiyuk.
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 07:29 PM   #140
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
49ers consistently go to Kittle, Deebo, or CM in crunch time, gotta have five yard situations. That’s value. Throughout the Receiver documentary on Netflix, you get the sense Shannahan trusts those three over anyone else, including Aiyuk.
Funny how you guys are trying to run with this narrative that their leading receiver the last 2 years is their 4th option. 2,357 yards and 15 TDs.

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

Shanahan can say what he wants on a documentary specifically about Kittle and Deebo, but Aiyuk is the guy they value long term 100%.
Old Today, 07:30 PM   #141
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post

Could be.

Could also be that SF runs a lot of condensed sets and the goal of those sets is to get the ball out quickly to a receiver running a short route.

Also, let's not forget who's throwing the ball in SF. Purdy is a good QB, but he's not been gifted with a strong arm or great accuracy downfield. So once Aiyuk runs past a certain yard-line, he's probably out of Purdy's effective range, right?

But yeah, in short yardage situations, I agree that the trio of CMC/Kittle/Deebo would be the most likely targets. Hell, I've been saying they aren't targeting Kittle enough for a couple seasons now. Regardless, if I'm the coach and the distance is 5 or less yards, hell yeah I'm throwing the ball to one of those guys over Aiyuk. That's their collective wheelhouse.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:28 PM   #142
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Could be.

Could also be that SF runs a lot of condensed sets and the goal of those sets is to get the ball out quickly to a receiver running a short route.

Also, let's not forget who's throwing the ball in SF. Purdy is a good QB, but he's not been gifted with a strong arm or great accuracy downfield. So once Aiyuk runs past a certain yard-line, he's probably out of Purdy's effective range, right?

But yeah, in short yardage situations, I agree that the trio of CMC/Kittle/Deebo would be the most likely targets. Hell, I've been saying they aren't targeting Kittle enough for a couple seasons now. Regardless, if I'm the coach and the distance is 5 or less yards, hell yeah I'm throwing the ball to one of those guys over Aiyuk. That's their collective wheelhouse.
I think you summed up pretty well why Deebo is more valuable in the 49ers offense.
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 09:06 PM   #143
MVP

Aiyuk has far and away been their number 1 for a couple of seasons now. Some of that is due to injury to Deebo and some is just that he's developed into the better WR. Deebo is a good player and a chain mover but he's not in the same stratosphere as an overall WR as Aiyuk is. Aiyuk threatens all levels of the field.

I'd pay Aiyuk and dump Deebo next offseason if I were them.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote