Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-28-2024, 07:35 AM  
Veteran

Let's talk about the Ravens (2024 Kickoff Edition)

We're past the 53 man cut-down, both our rosters are for the most part set in stone. It's time to talk real football.

Ravens lost a few players on defense this offseason, but acquired Henry. LJ has been talking big about how much weight he's lost this offseason to be faster than ever, I suppose. Don't know much about their draft, but the Ravens traditionally draft well so I'll assume the same this year.

We're likely down Hollywood Brown, but no other major injuries.

What say you, CP?

Last edited by Bl00dyBizkitz; 08-28-2024 at 07:48 AM..
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM   #136
Andy Reid Supporter

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:03 AM   #137
I am Number Six

Thoughts from the other guys . . .

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 12:26 AM   #138
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

These guys will never learn.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:27 AM   #139
George Brett shit his pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

Mahomes is the best in the NFL when the other team knows they have to pass. IT isn't even close. Probably the dumbest thing he could say.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:55 AM   #140
Special Teams ACE!!!

Sometimes I need to be reminded that these are football players, and over 75% of them are the knuckle-dragging jocks from high school.

When will they learn?
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:54 AM   #141
Veteran

There's no injury report on the Chiefs official website.. there should have been one for yesterday right?
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 05:14 AM   #142
MVP

Lamar has been paid, decision made. The regular season pressure is on Harbaugh.
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 06:13 AM   #143
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan View Post
Thoughts from the other guys . . .

Lotta delusion in that video. They talk about how we lost Sneed, but say nothing of all the players and coaches they’ve lost. Oh well, post it on the Reapers page and watch petty Patty work his magic.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:18 AM   #144
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
The "If Lamar evolves as a passer" theory has been thrown around since 2019 when he got knocked out by the Titans. Its 2024. He's still the same. It's not happening.

Yeah. I don’t know why people just keep assuming this is going to happen. Is it just blind hope? Or do they really think he’s going to somehow develop enough arm strength to throw outside the hashes with accuracy, while drastically improving his processing?
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:37 AM   #145
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Yeah. I don’t know why people just keep assuming this is going to happen. Is it just blind hope? Or do they really think he’s going to somehow develop enough arm strength to throw outside the hashes with accuracy, while drastically improving his processing?
And also, why is it limited to Lamar?

Why doesn’t every shitty passer just get better?

Answer: it’s really ****ing hard and very few can (no matter how hard they train)
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:38 AM   #146
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
These guys will never learn.

I think my favorite thing is him citing Henry’s stats against the Chiefs. Hilarious.

Yeah, he had about 450 yards in four regular season games against the Chiefs.

188 of them came in one game FIVE years ago. Since then, Henry has touched the ball 1,342 times and turned 30. (And the only reason the average is that low is that he - predictably - got hurt and missed half a season when he was on pace for 500 touches).

Remind me, is having multiple seasons in a row of 300+ touches good for a RB’s production? Is turning 30 good for a RB’s production?
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:45 AM   #147
Stay down bitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I think my favorite thing is him citing Henry’s stats against the Chiefs. Hilarious.

Yeah, he had about 450 yards in four regular season games against the Chiefs.

188 of them came in one game FIVE years ago. Since then, Henry has touched the ball 1,342 times and turned 30. (And the only reason the average is that low is that he - predictably - got hurt and missed half a season when he was on pace for 500 touches).

Remind me, is having multiple seasons in a row of 300+ touches good for a RB’s production? Is turning 30 good for a RB’s production?
I’m not saying he’s washed but it’s really stupid to believe he’s the same player he was five years ago. I don’t think he’ll last the season but I just hope he doesn’t have any gas left in the tank for week 1.
PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old Today, 08:52 AM   #148
Starter

Ravens have a new DC and 3 new OL.

Should be a fairly easy W.
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old Today, 09:06 AM   #149
**** you, you cretin.

In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:14 AM   #150
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
I’m not saying he’s washed but it’s really stupid to believe he’s the same player he was five years ago. I don’t think he’ll last the season but I just hope he doesn’t have any gas left in the tank for week 1.
I also just disagree with the idea that this version of Derrick Henry drastically changes the way you defend the Ravens. It does not.

They're still going to be a run-heavy team. They're still going to zone read and use Lamar as a weapon on the back side of it. They're still going to play action off of it and try to hit the TEs.

You defend it all the same way.

Henry is still a good player, but he does not have the same pop/explosion he used to have. I actually don't fear him running wide out of the pistol or shotgun nearly as much as I would a smaller, quicker back who is better at stop-start (IE Keaton Mitchell).

I also don't know if I believe that defense is quite as good. Geno Stone was a nice third safety and takes away some of their flexibility (much more predictable when Hamilton is playing nickel now, as they don't have that proven 3rd safety who can do everything). Patrick Queen wasn't THE guy but is being replaced by an unproven player in Trenton Simpson. Clowney was a strong run defender who is gone now, and the starting OLBs are Oweh and Kyle Van Noy.

Throw on top of it a first-time DC who literally has NEVER called a defense in his career, and I just don't see them matching up well with the Chiefs.

I'm excited for it. Think we'll see the common early formula against the Ravens... Chiefs get out to an early two-score lead, stretch it to 3 scores in the second half, and then it ends up looking closer than it was in the final score.