Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM  
Supporter

Getting old sucks

The older you get the less you can trust a fart to not turn into a shart.
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 08:26 AM   #61
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
I'm doing pretty well at this point.

For that, I am thankful.

That said, I've pretty much eliminated sugar and processed food from my diet.
Are you doing any resistance training? Other than diet it is by far the best thing you can do for a healthy and active life.
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 08:31 AM   #62
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Are you doing any resistance training? Other than diet it is by far the best thing you can do for a healthy and active life.
Absolutely.

It also helps that I've been active (on my feet, etc) in my job for almost thirty years.

My blood pressure is always near perfect.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:45 AM   #63
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Absolutely.

It also helps that I've been active (on my feet, etc) in my job for almost thirty years.

My blood pressure is always near perfect.
Awesome. I love to hear when people are taking care of themselves, especially as they get older.

It's really selfish to not take care of yourself especially if others rely on you. If you are not physically fit then you are useless to take care of those around you.

My blood pressure runs a tad high and I know why but I am good with the slight risk it poses at this time. All my blood markers are well within range, except one, and my heart scan came back at 5%.
Old Today, 09:11 AM   #64
**** you, you cretin.

After coming off from a few days of light activity, my left knee tightens up from over exertion. I don’t workout during my work shift, so I’m typically taking 4-5 days off per week. When I’m on my days off and go to the gym my knee tends to swell the next day. I think it’s caused by carrying around heavy weights or grinding my feet into floors while lifting. It’s really annoying.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:26 AM   #65
Gargling the sweet EZ nectar

"Don't let the old in." - Bill Romanowski
"Don't let the Old Man in" - Toby Keith
redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:40 AM   #66
It was not a fair catch

My worst fear is getting old and losing bowel control.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:47 AM   #67
Veteran

I'm 67. I slowly gained weight over that whole time. After about the third minor health issue where my doctor added, "...and losing weight wouldn't hurt", I decided to make a change and started walking and counting calories before I put them in my mouth. Last January I started doing about 3 miles a day and now I walk/jog a 10k nearly every day. I've lost 90 pounds so far, maybe 20 to go. Lots of things feel better. But I still feel my age.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:48 AM   #68
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
My worst fear is getting old and losing bowel control.
Mine is being immobile and having to rely on others.
Old Today, 09:49 AM   #69
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois View Post
I'm 67. I slowly gained weight over that whole time. After about the third minor health issue where my doctor added, "...and losing weight wouldn't hurt", I decided to make a change and started walking and counting calories before I put them in my mouth. Last January I started doing about 3 miles a day and now I walk/jog a 10k nearly every day. I've lost 90 pounds so far, maybe 20 to go. Lots of things feel better. But I still feel my age.
Awesome! make sure you throw some resistance training in there as well. Even if only bodyweight.
Old Today, 11:08 AM   #70
Just a li'l Evel

I'm 55.

last night I ate a big cheeseburger and onion rings about 8pm.

Woke up at 1am choking on my own stomach acid from reflux.

Got up at 7 am with aching knee from inflammation due to the beef

Awaiting the constipation that's surely next.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:18 AM   #71
Supporter

I'm just shy of 50.

Last night I ate a very large serving of chicken alfredo and large bowl of reeses puffs.

Woke up middle of night around 3am. Let dog out and ate a peanut butter sandwich with a glass of whole raw milk.

Got up at 7:30. Took a shit

8:00 Ate breakfast
Old Today, 11:28 AM   #72
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
At 53, I don't think of myself as old per se...but I'm definitely not as young as I used to be.

Getting carpal tunnel surgery in a couple of weeks on BOTH hands (6 weeks apart). Been waking up with like no feeling in my hands for the first few minutes of the day. Went to the doc, turns out I need surgery.

My back hurts. My shoulders hurt. I find myself good and ready for bed at like 9pm. I hate SNF and MNF...but if it's the Chiefs I suffer it...I can't sleep in anymore. Like 7am is wildly oversleeping...

And on and on. Oh yeah, I also have had a few times where I made what I thought was a funny and clever quip, only to be groaned at and have my kids tell me my dad jokes suck. WTF? I'm a goddam riot!!

Damn kids. Get off my lawn...
If we didn't live 1500 miles apart, we would be friends.
BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.BEAVER has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Today, 11:40 AM   #73
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfan View Post
"Don't let the Old Man in" - Toby Keith
Died at age 62. That's one way to do it, I guess.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 11:41 AM   #74
Andy Reid Supporter

My dad turned 70 and was 25 lbs overweight. He did walking and tried eating better but wasn’t getting anywhere. His Dr told him to do strength training 3X a week. He started in April and has made a ton of progress.

He’s lost the 25 lbs and put on about 5 lbs of muscle so far. It’s so important to have muscle as you get older bc you lose that every year you age. His life is so much better now.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:47 AM   #75
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycoffey View Post
I’ve sprained my ankle twice now. While I was asleep. How does that happen?
Titty Meat twisting you up like a pretzel while you sleep
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.