Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-21-2024, 01:04 PM  
Grand champ

Does anyone here have a digital movie collection?

In general I’ve leaned on streaming services to watch movies, but lately I’ve found that a particular movie I want to watch is not on any of the services I pay for. That gets frustrating.

I’ve been keeping an eye out for Blu-Ray and disc deals but I find the physical media is cumbersome. Having to change discs depending on what you want to watch, storage space, etc. I’m not a fan.

I bought a few movies recently (physical copies) and they came with digital codes as well. I redeemed them and set up my MoviesAnywhere account and now I’m kind of thinking that a digital collection may be exactly what I’m looking for. The issue is, I’ve heard horror stories of digital licenses just being a “lease”. Basically, you can buy a right to the digital license for whatever movie through the host, but if they just so happen to choose to stop hosting it, you will lose the movie and there’s really nothing that can be done to prevent it.

I say all this to ask, has anyone actually encountered that sort of issue or is it totally overblown?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM   #16
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Yep, we’ve got Amazon Prime, Netflix, Peacock, Paramount+, Hulu, Disney+, and HBO Max and oftentimes I still can’t find a particular movie that pops in my head. That is very annoying.

But it sounds like you’ve got the digital copies saved on a hard drive. Where do you get the movies?

Do you have any experience buying digital movies from retailers like iTunes, Microsoft, Prime Video, etc.?
I download some from YIFY through a vpn or did not sure anymore
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM   #17
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
I download some from YIFY through a vpn or did not sure anymore
A VPN, Vuze BitTorrent client, YIFY, and EZTV are all you need today.
modocsot has disabled reputation