Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-06-2024, 09:45 AM  
Veteran

Let's talk about the Bengals (week 2)

Last edited by SHOWTIME; 09-06-2024 at 10:03 AM..
SHOWTIME has disabled reputation
Old Today, 11:06 AM   #211
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Yeaaaahhhh..... I could see your clavicle being centimeters out of position a HUGE ****ing problem lol. He must've meant milimeters.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 11:12 AM   #212
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Burrow hasn't earned that.

Have we reached a point where beating Mahomes in the playoffs once gets you a lifetime pass? You stay in the 'top 5 QBs' lists because that thing you did that one time?

One season with MVP votes. One. Got badly outplayed by Jake Browning last season. Can't stay healthy. May simply not be physically sound (now or perhaps ever). And has NEVER performed without 2 premier pass-catchers in this lineup.

Why do we keep acting like it's verboten to question whether or not Joe Burrow is a truly premier QB and not just another average guy who's a product of his weapons?

It's silly. DJ Reader has a better track record relative to his position group. Chase certainly does. Higgins does. Shit, Mixon might have.

It's really ridiculous that people keep trying to keep him in the same tier as Mahomes. He's not on that level.
Burrow is still living of his Natty at LSU.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:15 AM   #213
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
Allen is considered the 2nd best QB in the league because he plays Mahomes close in the playoffs.

So yeah, it seems that way.
Nah. Allen is considered 2nd best because his talent level pops off the screen when he's playing his best, and has literally carried that team.

No one says, "Well, Allen wouldn't be shit w/o those receivers..."
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:20 AM   #214
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar View Post
They really hate us and play well against us pretty much no matter what, that's the main reason. They've been waiting for this game since the schedules were announced.

But yes them totally sucking ass and not turning it on this week is certainly on the table given that they always start badly

We also really hate them, though. The motivation factor just isn’t a player in this matchup
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:26 AM   #215
MVP

They suck, I hope both sides of our squad are on full display and we put up 35+ on these fools!
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Today, 11:29 AM   #216
__

If you think Mahomes doesn't want to correct the 1-3 record he has against Cincy, man...

There are fewer superstars who play better with a grudge than Mahomes. He "Superman'd" against them in a 2022 regular season game.

Cincy is likely amped up for this game. But it's going to go both ways, because Mahomes likely wants to overtake Burrow in head-to-head. I wouldn't be surprised if he cares more about any other regular season game he plays this season than he does about this one.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:30 AM   #217
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispystl View Post
That game was 3rd and Eric Berry all day long. I would've benched him.
That was the year that Jordan Lucas showed up off waivers and played pretty well for us, right?

I feel like I remember being pissed we hadn't sat Berry down and brought Lucas in to get some actual mobility back there.

Because Berry was washed as they get out there.

Honestly, the entire defense deserves a big shit-burger for that one. Wasn't the entire starting DL held completely off the stat sheet? No sacks, no QB hits, no anything.

It was a complete disaster on defense. And of course Bob Sutton went with the ol' "I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas!" approach...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:36 AM   #218
GDT white noise poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
We also really hate them, though. The motivation factor just isn’t a player in this matchup
Totally agree, this is a game everyone is going to be hyped up for. Mahomes will do everything in his power to win this, and I think we win. I'm jealous of anyone who has tickets to the game it's going to be nuts but I was just answering the question of why people think the Bengals are going to play well when they always suck in September.
DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 11:48 AM   #219
Three-Pat

Quote:
At some point that's gotta cost Zac Taylor his job, right?

1-10 through the first 2 weeks over his first 5+ seasons in the league? That's just unacceptable. At a point, do SOMETHING different. You can't be spotting the rest of the AFC at least 1 and often 2 wins every single season.

Whatever you're doing in camp - stop. Do something else. These slow starts are killing them. It puts so much pressure on them to keep the pedal down and potentially show plays/tendencies that they'd rather keep back down the stretch.
Two straight AFCCGs with one SB appearance and another one that was an epic Mahomes performance away from a SB buys a lot of leeway. KC is the benchmark and Cincinnati’s ability to play them tough or beat them will make it easier to justify retaining him.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old Today, 11:56 AM   #220
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Billy View Post
Cool. You going ?
Holding a big Game Watch Party for a Week 2 regular season game?

Pathetic look.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:00 PM   #221
MVP

Quote:
That was the year that Jordan Lucas showed up off waivers and played pretty well for us, right?

I feel like I remember being pissed we hadn't sat Berry down and brought Lucas in to get some actual mobility back there.

Because Berry was washed as they get out there.

Honestly, the entire defense deserves a big shit-burger for that one. Wasn't the entire starting DL held completely off the stat sheet? No sacks, no QB hits, no anything.

It was a complete disaster on defense. And of course Bob Sutton went with the ol' "I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas!" approach...
Looks like we traded a 7th rounder for him. I couldn't remember who it was, but I remembered we had safety that was playing decent and when they decided to roll Berry out in the playoffs (IIRC the AFC championship game was his first one??) I loved berry and I was really excited so I wore my old Eric Berry jersey to the AFC championship game, he was SO bad I wanted to take it off. Every time Brady needed a 3rd and long they'd get Gronk one on one with Berry and it was just pitch and catch first downs over and over. It was infuriating.

Speaking of Bob "I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas" Sutton...didn't it come out that Andy forced him to play a couple backup corners against the Seahawks the last game of that season? I'm thinking one of them was Ward, but it might've been someone else.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 12:03 PM   #222
I'll be back.

From our friend Marty Mac, who has a long history in coaching baseball.

Quote:
Expanding on this....first disclaimer...I am not a Doctor nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

I understand throwing mechanics, motion and functions pretty well given my background.

I am not bashing Joe Burrow with this post, rather trying to provide some technical insights that he's still not fully healthy. The league needs him healthy.

The wrist plays a crucial role in throwing a football because of the intricate mechanics required for a good throw. When throwing, the wrist and forearm help generate the final "snap" that adds spin and accuracy to the ball, making it travel farther and more precisely.

Let's break it down to help educate you hooligans.

Role of the Wrist in Throwing

Ball Control & Spin: The wrist is essential for controlling the release of the ball and imparting a tight spiral. A quick wrist flick ensures that the ball spins smoothly, reducing air resistance and improving the throw's accuracy and distance.

Grip Strength: The wrist and forearm muscles are responsible for maintaining grip on the football throughout the throwing motion. Strong wrist flexors and extensors are needed to maintain control from the moment the ball is gripped to its release. Watching him grab that Gatorade bottle indicates his GS is nowhere near 100%.

Impact of Torn Wrist Ligaments (his actual injury)

Decreased Grip Strength: Torn wrist ligaments will directly affect grip strength. Ligaments connect bones and stabilize joints, so damage in this area can make gripping and controlling the football extremely difficult. The quarterback may not be able to hold onto the ball properly, which can lead to poor throws or even fumbles. Cold weather will have a significant impact here. As will a chilly rain.

Loss of Range of Motion & Power:

Ligaments are vital for stabilizing the wrist joint during motion. When torn, the range of motion in the wrist can be significantly reduced, making it hard to complete the full throwing motion. The power behind the throw also diminishes as the wrist cannot provide the necessary "snap" during release.

Pain and Instability: Torn ligaments may lead to chronic pain and joint instability. Burrow might experience discomfort with every throw, making it difficult to perform consistently.

Long-Term Ramifications

Chronic Instability: Even with treatment, torn wrist ligaments can result in chronic instability. This can affect Burrow's performance and day-to-day activities, as the wrist becomes prone to further injury.

Arthritis: Over time, chronic instability or untreated ligament injuries can lead to joint degeneration and arthritis. This can limit not only athletic performance but also cause long-term functional impairment.

Loss of Confidence & Adaptation: Over time, athletes with chronic wrist issues may lose confidence in their throwing ability, leading them to adapt their mechanics, which can increase the risk of compensatory injuries in other areas, such as the shoulder or elbow. Burrow has already stated this injury is in his head and he's working through it.

Would hate to see this injury derail his career. Again, the league needs him healthy.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:04 PM   #223
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old Today, 12:17 PM   #224
SuperChiefs

The excuses start in 3...2...1
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:19 PM   #225
Going home eventually

Higgins gonna play. No way they want this want as a loss.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.