Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 01:11 PM  
THREEPEAT!!!

I never imagined I'd be back here with another ****SAVE OUR CHIEFS*** thread...

but here we are. This is a long post and there is no getting around that.

Most of you probably know about SOC but it's been 12 years and 3 Super Bowls since then and there has probably been an influx of new users/fans that don't have any idea so I'm gonna briefly recap what happened just so they can keep up with the rest of this post. 12 years ago the people on this forum were the central supporters of one of the most effective fan rebellions against their team, ever. CP trolled on Social Media, trolled on Craigslist, made videos, came together and flew banners, and organized "Blackout Arrowhead" which was so visually impactful that Marv Albert and Rich Gannon mentioned us on air during a game. It was a glorious time in CP history where we literally turned chicken shit into chicken salad.

Why am I back here talking about this? Well, some wild stuff happened, other things may be happening, and something for sure is happening. I'll elaborate.

Wild Stuff Happened:

MartyMac (SOC & part time CP'er) sent me a message a few months ago to let me know that someone, who very much wanted to remain anonymous (Marty is the only guy who knows who the person is and he isn't telling), wanted to express gratitude for what we did in 2012 with SOC. He asked for ring sizes. A few months later... this shows up. One for each of us.

It is mind blowing to think that the effort put forth by this community into a plan I brought to you played a part in a butterfly effect of events where our team has now won 3 Super Bowls, has become a dynasty, and we literally have the best QB in football history. I wanted to reach out and thank everyone here who donated money/time/voice in support of SOC. Without you none of this happens. I honestly and truthfully believe that if we don't revolt... nothing changes and Pioli would have returned in 2013. WE (CP/SOC) did that.

Wild Stuff *MAY* Be Happening:

I don't have many details yet but there is, apparently, interest in a 30 for 30 style documentary based on the events of the 2012 fan revolt in KC with Bob Fescoe attached. All of this is in it's earliest of stages and no clue if it will actually happen or not but if it does happen... CP will likely play a prominent role in the whole thing. Some may be asked to participate via interviews if they wish to.

What is *ACUTALLY* Happening:

An impromptu CP/SOC get together. This Saturday at Chapelle's at 7PM. The back room is reserved. MartyMac wants to do a "ring presentation" for the fellas involved in SOC but more than anything... we just want to hang out for a while. We never really got to do that as a group since, at the time, we were spread all over the US. Since CP was the cradle of SOC we figured we would extend the invitation to those of you who might be interested in meeting/hanging out/celebrating the success of the Chiefs since Pioli was fired.

To be clear... your tab is your own. LOL
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:51 PM   #61
Save Our Chiefs Guy

Busy on Twitter and life in general. Hope you are doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Long time no see.
Marty McDonald is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Marty McDonald is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old Today, 02:55 PM   #62
Field General

I remember those days and Pioli and his candy/gum wrappers, as others have mentioned he was a genuine POS! It was a wonderful day when Clark finally got the balls to rid us of that cancer.!
farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:56 PM   #63
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
The blackout did them in finally. It was a stunning site. Hunt couldn't ignore that.
The Chiefs were 1-8 at the time of the blackout and had just committed to Brady ****ing Quinn as their starting QB for the rest of the season. I donated to the SOC cause and I'm glad that a few guys received some $600 rings for their efforts, but anyone who thinks Pioli and Crennel were going to survive and be around for the 2013 season is fooling themselves.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:58 PM   #64
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McDonald View Post
Busy on Twitter and life in general. Hope you are doing great!
Got Arrowhead Kingdom up to 109 chapters in 39 states.6 international countries. Signed a deal with Boulvard. Then I turned it over to others to take it the rest of the way until we are in every state and all western countries.

Still not even a dime going into anyone's pockets. Just allowing Chief fans to find each other on game day if you aren't in the KC metro.

You know Catherine Baskett-Cook? Shes the top dog now.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:04 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
The Chiefs were 1-8 at the time of the blackout and had just committed to Brady ****ing Quinn as their starting QB for the rest of the season. I donated to the SOC cause and I'm glad that a few guys received some $600 rings for their efforts, but anyone who thinks Pioli and Crennel were going to survive and be around for the 2013 season is fooling themselves.
Who knows what would have happened without it? I do think that the spectacle of that day left a big impression. Clark decided to reorg the way the Chiefs work, having both GM and HC reporting directly to himself. He went all-in making hiring Andy Reid a priority. It was pretty much clear from that point on that this was going to be a serious organization.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:08 PM   #66
THREEPEAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Dunno... IIRC there were rumors floating that Pioli had already signed an extension. I do not, though, recall the veracity of those rumors nor where they began.

Also, depending on how much weight you want to put on this, Marty had people within Arrowhead communicating bits of information that included (again... IIRC) a situation where the rest of the board had to pressure Clark into firing Pioli.

Dunno man. I've thought a long time about whether or not what we did had any real impact and the only thing I'm left with is the thought that I am glad we did because somewhere there exists an alternate timeline where Pioli didn't get fired... and it isn't this one.
pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.pr_capone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:11 PM   #67
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_capone View Post
Dunno... IIRC there were rumors floating that Pioli had already signed an extension. I do not, though, recall the veracity of those rumors nor where they began.

Also, depending on how much weight you want to put on this, Marty had people within Arrowhead communicating bits of information that included (again... IIRC) a situation where the rest of the board had to pressure Clark into firing Pioli.

Dunno man. I've thought a long time about whether or not what we did had any real impact and the only thing I'm left with is the thought that I am glad we did because somewhere there exists an alternate timeline where Pioli didn't get fired... and it isn't this one.
How long was it after the blackout that changes started being made?

And the fans were right. We could do better. We got a HOF coach. A soon to be HOF GM and at least 3 HOF players so far...
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:12 PM   #68
Banded

I remember the SOC movement. I might have donated but I'm sure I didn't attend the blackout game or anything like that. I said after the game in 2011 against Denver that I would never go to another game until they got serious about fixing the team, and that meant starting with kicking Cassel and Pioli to the curb.

Good to see you back pr capone. That doc sounds fantastic. But yeah, Fescoe is such a chode. Surely, they could find someone better. But I suppose since he was a sports radio personality then and still is now, that choice seems logical. Frankly, I like your suggestion of Whitlock much better.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:13 PM   #69
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_capone View Post
La Canfora

Quote:
"According to my sources, he was offered a 2-year extension earlier this season by owner Clark Hunt. Nothing has been signed yet. Nothing has been agreed to. There’s some issues with language in there so we’ll see where that goes. But that in itself is a strong statement of loyalty from Clark Hunt at a time when the fans and the local media have been calling for the GM’s ouster. Both Pioli and the Chiefs declined to comment on this report."
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:24 PM   #70
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

I want to say that I donated 20 bucks...but I honestly can't remember if I actually did or not, so I can't take any credit.

I was at the Ravens game (you know, the Dithguthting game when Cassel got knocked out and it was said that people were cheering, which was bullshit). I had a lot of fun with a bunch of Ravens fans who came out from Baltimore. The Banner that said Bench Cassel, Fire Pioli, Save our Chiefs flew that day. I have pics somewhere.

I still tell everyone that my internet home, CP, was the impetus for the Chiefs miraculous turn around, and I firmly believe that is true.

That was a pretty awesome time, considering the hell we were in as a fan base. I also remember there was a "counter protest" called Support Our Chiefs made up of a bunch of clueless homers who had no effect...thank God.

CP Rules. That is all.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:25 PM   #71
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
I love the idea that SOC is what started the turnaround, but I wonder if it was really just the empty seats and reduced revenue that got the Hunts to get off their asses and change things.

Has Clark ever publicly admitted to SOC being the impetus for change?
I sincerely doubt Clark has even publicly ACKNOWLEDGED the SOC movement, let alone publicly admitted it had part in any decisions made.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:27 PM   #72
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Oh, and pr_capone, congrats on that ring. Would LOVE to find out who the sender was...
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:29 PM   #73
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Oh ****. Time to start scrubbing posts....
No shit.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:35 PM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
This is my go-to when people ask me if im a bandwagon fan.

Matter of fact, someone asked me that again the other day.

People like to assume that you're a Chiefs fan because of their recent success. Annoying.

Im like, "bro, i was a Chiefs fan back when they were winning 2 games, murdering their pregnant GF's and then offin' themselves in the parking lot. Don't tell me 'bout no bandwagon shit..."
I was the only football fan in my house growing up. My parents couldn't have cared less. I LOVED the Chiefs though, and the year we played the Colts with the kicker that shall not be named we had a bad storm and the cable went out except for a very faint bit of movement and you could make out some solid shapes or letter here and there if there were some on the screen. When the game finally came on all I could see was the score and the time in the half here and there. That's how I watched that game, because I was too young and dumb to realize I could tune it in to the radio at that point. Anyhow...that's what I tell those ****ers and then I ask them if they've ever watched a football game like that? .
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 03:37 PM   #75
The man you could post like.

30 for 30 producers rummaging through the Hall of Classics.

Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote