Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM  
Pedantic

A Levelheaded Review week 1 2024

Worthy is gonna make this offense exciting again. The jet sweep really showed off his speed and the blown coverage was just beautiful to see.

Kingsley really held up well in his first start gave up a sack but overall was a good performance.

Pacheco has really upped his game - those jump cuts he uses now are just nasty.

J Taylor and his false start penalties again. Really hope he can get his early jumps worked out.

Chris Jones was feasting on a young inexperienced Ravens Oline.

The DB's didn't look as bad in this game as in the pre-season. The LB's (Bolton) were made to look silly a couple of times. I'd like to see some of the big gains cleaned up but I think a lot of that was all the time Lamar had in the pocket trying to contain him. Not super worried about it.

Connor had a couple of big hits and just missed getting an INT. I think his eyes got too big on that dropped INT and dropped an easy one.

Lamar was their whole offense and we still struggle to contain a super mobile QB - BUT I'll take making them into basically a one weapon team.

Hardman was a good choice as a PR/KR.

Juju was out there making some good blocks and almost had a TD.

Rice is gonna feast over the middle this year.

Starting the season 1-0 is great. Next week is going to be even better. I think this team is back to boat racing teams in scoring and turning them into a one dimensional offense trying to keep up.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #46
MVP

The Defense struggled in th e 4th quarter...and the Offense should have had at least another TD...this may be the worst game of the year for them, and that is scary for the rest of the NFL...

Also, we took the lead in what, early 2nd qtr? And once we had the lead....we never gave it back...Baltimore pulled within 3 at one point, but the Chiefs got ahead by two scores, forced the Ravens to bench Henry and go one dimensional, and won an important game against the second best AFC team.

Chiefs are now officially living rent free in the Ravens head.
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM   #47
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Fatigue was probably the main reason for the defense’s relative struggle in the fourth quarter.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM   #48
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Solid first game. Special attention for Kingsley, Rice and Worthy. Great game for those guys. Defense played pretty damned well. I think we're ahead of the curve right now.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:07 AM   #49
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbything View Post
We were a dropped Pacheco and Perine pass away from blowing them out of the water. Mahomes would have had another 70 passing yards and two more TDs.

This offense is gonna be really, really good when Brown returns.
We legit should have dropped 40+ on those whiny losers tonight, which makes the Isaih Likely quote even more funny.

I sincerely hope Hollywood is good to go against Cinci. I can't wait watch this offense eat when it's at full strength.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:10 AM   #50
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Our defense is going to destroy non-mobile quarterbacks. With Lamar, we were trying to contain and spy all day.

I think we’ll only get better from here.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:00 AM   #51
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

The Ravns 3rd down conversions were frustrating as hell. Need the defense to get off the field so they aren't so gassed late in the fourth quarter
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:29 AM
Bump
This message has been deleted by Bump.
Old Today, 03:20 AM   #52
Veteran

There's definitely areas of our D that I think will take a step back, probably CB, LB and DT will still be horrid outside of Jones. BUT, I also think they take awhile to click and tend to improve through the season. They did pretty well and I think they'll get better. I'd really like Chenal to eat into some of Bolton's snaps to see if he's a viable replacement next year. Better athlete, does a lot of the same things, but maybe doesn't have the game IQ.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 04:56 AM   #53
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88 View Post
Fatigue was probably the main reason for the defense’s relative struggle in the fourth quarter.
Yep. That ridiculous TD to Likely featured some of the worst effort by Bolton and company that I've ever seen. They were gassed. That was odd.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:25 AM   #54
On Hiatus

Man....I was sitting here doing my medical treatment and flipped over to Boomer and Gio just to see what the convo was.

I normally don't watch it much so other than Boomer I don't recognize any of the guys on there. One of the guys on there was bitching about the fact that the TD was overturned by the replay....man he was pathetic.

Almost as bad as listening to all the Ravens players whining.

Gotta love being the new villains of the NFL..
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 05:43 AM   #55
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbything View Post
We were a dropped Pacheco and Perine pass away from blowing them out of the water. Mahomes would have had another 70 passing yards and two more TDs.

This offense is gonna be really, really good when Brown returns.
Yeah I agree and you can probably blame mahomes for pulling a Justin Herbert and rifling passes a little too hot to his running backs. We also had the kelce drop. It shows that our floor is better than Baltimore’s ceiling which is great. But you can see some of the frustration in mahomes’ face. We haven’t fully unleashed mahomes yet. It took a blown coverage to get our only passing td. Hollywood will make a huge difference and (shudder) Mvs probably would have too. Great win but as a spoiled fan, it would’ve also been nice to have a statement game that put the ridiculous Lamar comparison to rest. Lamar did just enough for people to still stan him and to gripe about close calls but I think most of us know we can boat race that team last night on a good night let alone a great one. Good fuel going into the rest of the season.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:48 AM   #56
MVP

Expecting Spags to let the opponents first possession result in scoring. So he can learn their tendencies, never gets easier
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 05:53 AM   #57
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Our defense is going to destroy non-mobile quarterbacks. With Lamar, we were trying to contain and spy all day.

I think we’ll only get better from here.
Excellent point, totally agree!

Also, when is Mahomes going to start getting the protection he deserves from the officiating? Two late hits out of bounds from the dirty Ravens.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:03 AM   #58
Veteran

Defense needs to figure out how to stop Lamar running the ball for 122 yards next time we face them...
SHOWTIME has disabled reputation
Old Today, 06:04 AM   #59
In Search of a Life

My initial thoughts…
- worthy for now will be mecole hardman except without all the mistakes and blown opportunities. That’s how we brought tyreek along. Good way for Reid to slowly bring him along while also giving him an impactful role right away. Unlike rashee who took a while to earn Reid’s trust
- what a huge night for Kingsley. If he plays like this against a top shelf defense in his very first start… whoa baby. Also I feel like Taylor getting a full offseason to reset and not be in his head about timing will make him look more comfortable this year
- our RB depth is a huge upgrade
- at kelces age we may see a little regression in his production and some of that high usage will shift to rashee. We seem content to use rashee as a power slot. And why not. He’s terrific in this. I still wonder if his role eventually expands downfield but it may not need to. The Noah gray contract and his usage makes me wonder if the chiefs are slowly bringing along Wiley or do they just not really see it with him
- when Hollywood is back I wonder what that means for the back of our wr depth chart. Do we need mecole now that worthy is legit? It also feels like mahomes doesn’t trust Watson and at this point he’s kind of a keepaway option
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:12 AM   #60
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
My initial thoughts…
- worthy for now will be mecole hardman except without all the mistakes and blown opportunities. That’s how we brought tyreek along. Good way for Reid to slowly bring him along while also giving him an impactful role right away. Unlike rashee who took a while to earn Reid’s trust
- what a huge night for Kingsley. If he plays like this against a top shelf defense in his very first start… whoa baby. Also I feel like Taylor getting a full offseason to reset and not be in his head about timing will make him look more comfortable this year
- our RB depth is a huge upgrade
- at kelces age we may see a little regression in his production and some of that high usage will shift to rashee. We seem content to use rashee as a power slot. And why not. He’s terrific in this. I still wonder if his role eventually expands downfield but it may not need to. The Noah gray contract and his usage makes me wonder if the chiefs are slowly bringing along Wiley or do they just not really see it with him
- when Hollywood is back I wonder what that means for the back of our wr depth chart. Do we need mecole now that worthy is legit? It also feels like mahomes doesn’t trust Watson and at this point he’s kind of a keepaway option
JuJu more expendable than Hardman, imo
tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.