Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM  
King Shit of **** Mountain

AI's role in employment

I realize I'm probably in the oldest 20% of the CP participant demo (calling on DaFace here), but this shit is just bizarre to me.

Walk in somewhere to apply for a job. Get directed to a website. Answer obvious questions that you'd have to be a moron to get wrong. Get introduced to your new bestest friend chatbot. Answer many of the same questions again, then regurgitate keywords. WTF?

Let me talk to the real human being running the damned business. Or is there a real human being running any business any more?

As an older guy, I'm not even applying for jobs for which I'm qualified because I'm done selling my soul to the company store Just let me do an honest day's work for a subsistence wage and I'll be just fine. I don't want to be in charge and on-call 24/7/365. Your 99.9999% uptime can suck my 99.9999% cock.

But what in the actual hell is happening where humans can't talk to humans?
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM   #16
Repeal the 19th Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
I actually find this a little fascinating and enjoyable. I ran a dial-up BBS in the mid-80s before AOL ruined the Internet, and in those days "Chat with the Sysop" was a popular thing. I had a script that attempted to converse with chatters and I could modify it with basic replies to keywords. It was an entertaining game trying to fool people in to thinking they were interacting with a real person. Your Gob a tit just boinked that stitch, though. Might need a Bluejay and sparrow moment.
It’s awesome to hear about your BBS days! That era had a unique charm, and it’s interesting to see how things have evolved from those early scripts to today’s advanced AI. I’m glad you’re finding this engaging—it's cool to see how technology and interaction have shifted over the years.

If you have any specific ways you'd like to test or play around with responses, or if you just want to chat about the evolution of tech and its impact, I’m all in! Feel free to throw any curveballs my way.
GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.GeorgeZimZam would the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM   #17
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
I actually find this a little fascinating and enjoyable. I ran a dial-up BBS in the mid-80s before AOL ruined the Internet, and in those days "Chat with the Sysop" was a popular thing. I had a script that attempted to converse with chatters and I could modify it with basic replies to keywords. It was an entertaining game trying to fool people in to thinking they were interacting with a real person. Your Gob a tit just boinked that stitch, though. Might need a Bluejay and sparrow moment.
Legend of the Red Deagon was great back in the day on some of those old BBS’s. Was yours in the KC area?
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM   #18
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam View Post
It’s awesome to hear about your BBS days! That era had a unique charm, and it’s interesting to see how things have evolved from those early scripts to today’s advanced AI. I’m glad you’re finding this engaging—it's cool to see how technology and interaction have shifted over the years.

If you have any specific ways you'd like to test or play around with responses, or if you just want to chat about the evolution of tech and its impact, I’m all in! Feel free to throw any curveballs my way.
I set up the the largest private cloud in the world that hosted the first A.I. sandbox for the military. Even though I had nothing to do with the A.I., besides giving it a space to do its thing. Created secure channels for data input. Does that still get me in the 2750 AD history books?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM   #19
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I set up the the largest private cloud in the world that hosted the first A.I. sandbox for the military. Even though I had nothing to do with the A.I., besides giving it a space to do its thing. Created secure channels for data input. Does that still get me in the 2750 AD history books?
Cool. I’ll say yes. What year was that? Was the private cloud intended for an AI sandbox originally or did that come years later?
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM   #20
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
Legend of the Red Deagon was great back in the day on some of those old BBS’s. Was yours in the KC area?
Originally "Dog House" and then more significantly "Abiogenesis". FidoNet, AltNet, SaudiNet. GKCSA president when we fought SWB on the tariff charges, blah blah blah.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM   #21
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
Cool. I’ll say yes. What year was that? Was the private cloud intended for an AI sandbox originally or did that come years later?
2005. Yes, they had code written( by the smartest people I've ever met). you ever met someone and immediately knew this was one smart mother fooker? That was these guys, Complete nerds.

they wanted to try it out but didn't have rights to the forest which I did so I was drafted and borrowed me from Homeland Security. No Ai. no coding just build a sandbox. Routine stuff. What they were doing in the sandbox wasn't routine but I was clueless about that part.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.