Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-28-2024, 07:35 AM  
Veteran

Let's talk about the Ravens (2024 Kickoff Edition)

We're past the 53 man cut-down, both our rosters are for the most part set in stone. It's time to talk real football.

Ravens lost a few players on defense this offseason, but acquired Henry. LJ has been talking big about how much weight he's lost this offseason to be faster than ever, I suppose. Don't know much about their draft, but the Ravens traditionally draft well so I'll assume the same this year.

We're likely down Hollywood Brown, but no other major injuries.

What say you, CP?

Last edited by Bl00dyBizkitz; 08-28-2024 at 07:48 AM..
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 03:18 PM   #181
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Historically, rookie WRs in Andy's offense start the year with a sub-package of plays, about 15-20, iirc from some presser a couple seasons ago. Which is why during 2-minute or 4-minute or hurry-up situations rookie WRs go in and out so much. They don't know all the plays.

After that, assuming the rook masters each install adequately, he gets another 15 plays or so a week, or every two weeks. Which explains why rookie WRs don't see a ton of targets early.

If Andy hasn't changed the way he does things(and I don't see any reason why he would), I think Worthy will get some targets, but he's not going to start the season with loads of them through the first few weeks. Probably more like 4-5/gm at first.

And he's going to get a couple lay-ups in there to start. A short quick in/out, a drag, a screen, something along those lines. Something to get him started. Same as both Moore and KT when they first showed up.

I feel like they’ll want Worthy out there on a bunch of snaps to pull safety help and if that’s the case he’s gonna get some touches organically. He’s just too talented not to. He’ll get open and if he does Mahomes will get him the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 03:21 PM   #182
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
I don't remember Rashee getting the hype and usage all through camp his rookie year. I also think his role might require more experience and learning and getting on the same page with Mahomes than the role Xavier Worthy would seem to be in. Rashee has to do some Kelce like things and find open space, etc. Worthy seems more like he's going all out to get down field in a hurry. It's also been a different energy from Mahomes when discussing Worthy, and it seems like he really has gone out of his way to hit the deep shots to him throughout camp and preseason.

All that said, you could still end up being right. Just laying out a case for things being different. I remember DeSean Jackson took zero time to get going in Reid's offense.
Well some people will hype anybody in camp and I actually get most of my KC news here on the Planet versus ever watching sport shows, etc.
But I remember plenty of people talking about Rice.

Rice might have a more complicated role... But doesn't Andy generally want all his WRs to understand all the routes? Or so the Planet experts have educated me.

Again, if Worthy can take more snaps and stretch the field. Awesome. I realize Andy will play rookies on offense on occasion.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 03:36 PM   #183
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispystl View Post
I feel like they’ll want Worthy out there on a bunch of snaps to pull safety help and if that’s the case he’s gonna get some touches organically. He’s just too talented not to. He’ll get open and if he does Mahomes will get him the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, if and when Worthy gets open (on time) he'll probably get the ball. And we'll probably see him get most of his targets in the first 15 scripted plays. Same as Moore a couple seasons ago when he was drafted.

Just saying that he won't be on the field as much when we get situational.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:46 PM   #184
Special Teams ACE!!!

Take a drink every time somebody says something to the effect of, "Baltimore needs to run the ball, control the clock, and keep Patrick Mahomes off the field"
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:54 PM   #185
Andy Reid Supporter

If you’re Spags why wouldn’t you put 8 in the box with a safety creeping and focus on stopping the run?

Match McDuffie on Flowers and who else do they have? Hell that OL is mostly new as well.

A snap hasn’t even been played and they still seem very one dimensional
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:00 PM   #186
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
If you’re Spags why wouldn’t you put 8 in the box with a safety creeping and focus on stopping the run?

Match McDuffie on Flowers and who else do they have? Hell that OL is mostly new as well.

Sneed was a great matchup against the bigger, more physical #1 WR's.

Love to see if McDuffie actually is better than Sneed here because he should be better at guarding against this jitterbug type WR.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:11 PM   #187
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

Andrews and Likely? That's my main concern, and I'm pretty confident they won't be any more dangerous against us than they were in the AFCC.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:35 PM   #188
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Take a drink every time somebody says something to the effect of, "Baltimore needs to run the ball, control the clock, and keep Patrick Mahomes off the field"
Time of Possession
BAL - 40:00
KC - 20:00

Final Score
BAL - 24
KC - 27

It just rarely ever works. You better be PERFECT and hope Mahomes is off his game.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 04:44 PM   #189
George Brett shit his pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
Time of Possession
BAL - 40:00
KC - 20:00

Final Score
BAL - 24
KC - 27

It just rarely ever works. You better be PERFECT and hope Mahomes is off his game.
Not this shit again
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.