Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-29-2022, 01:18 PM  
Veteran

Cost of electricity

I was wondering how come the electricity in my office was not lower after I made some serious improvements/changes.

I compared 12/21 bill vs 6/22. I about floored me.

kw/h

12/21 $0.0161
6/22 $0.0289

Holy crap that is a jump.

The company is Evergy.

This will probably end up in DC. But there are a number of posts related to money in the lounge.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 03:07 PM   #121
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
In Texas.
Depends on where you are in Texas. other providers may not be an option.
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 03:11 PM   #122
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Dammit, Jim, I'm an analyst, not an electrician!

I really don't know. Here's my setup. Everything that's not blue was added during my install. Maybe the one in the middle is what you're talking about? The one on the left merges the various panels into one.

What kind of analyst are you? I’m a portfolio analyst for utility scale solar projects. A lot of analysis of financials and production.
UteChief has disabled reputation
Old Today, 03:25 PM   #123
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider56 View Post
Sounds like the energy companies in Texas too. With what seems to be everyone moving to Texas these days, our electric grid is stressed to the max. Investments by the electric company in wind and solar haven't paid off from a consumer cost savings perspective.
Rates keep going up, bills keep going up and the grid is no more reliable than it was 4 years ago
I get my electricity through a cooperative (in Texas). Thankfully, for retirement I downsized my living space so my electric bill is reasonable. Just got my August bill and I used 18kWh per day for a grand total of $79.72 ($2.57/day). I could easily run off a solar setup, but there's no scenario where I recover the cost.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:00 PM   #124
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteChief View Post
What kind of analyst are you? I’m a portfolio analyst for utility scale solar projects. A lot of analysis of financials and production.
I use the term loosely. I'm in market research, so surveys and such.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:36 PM   #125
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
I get my electricity through a cooperative (in Texas). Thankfully, for retirement I downsized my living space so my electric bill is reasonable. Just got my August bill and I used 18kWh per day for a grand total of $79.72 ($2.57/day). I could easily run off a solar setup, but there's no scenario where I recover the cost.
Our electricity is through a cooperative as well. I've been trying to get my wife to consider downsizing and moving into a smaller home. Problem is, my payment on my existing home is lower than what a payment would be on a newer, smaller home.
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 05:38 PM   #126
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
That must be nice...my water bill and electric are together and this time of year it comes in at about 450.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.